NICS is a flaming pile...

This is a discussion on NICS is a flaming pile... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Due to panic buying, NICS keeps crashing. Iíve tried twice to bring home a 642, only to have the system crash before I can purchase ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: NICS is a flaming pile...

Due to panic buying, NICS keeps crashing. Iíve tried twice to bring home a 642, only to have the system crash before I can purchase one.

Stinking sheeple weirdos...
    OD* and SatCong like this.
    Velocity is temporary, mass is forever...

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    That sucks Recon1342
    So glad the internet can keep up with all this.
    The wife was trying to work from home this past week and the web kept cutting in and out to the point she said screw it and went int her office.
    airslot, OD* and Recon1342 like this.

Sorry to hear that @Recon1342 It's too bad you're not here in Texas. Those with a License To Carry do not have to have background checks to buy a gun. In fact, since it is a state issued photo ID, you can even vote with it!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    Here is a thought: How about if the "national instant check system" fails to generate a negative response within 24 hours the transaction is automatically authorized? Then let the enforcement arms deal with the tiny trickle of negatives (each of which is likely to be a felony criminal act, fully documented and easily prosecuted).

Okay, I am dwelling in a dream world of common sense and responsibility, not in the real world of placing every possible obstacle between the individual and his guaranteed constitutional rights.

Please forgive me.
    Nmuskier, airslot and Recon1342 like this.

Unless it's fake news, even the anti-gun Dems are buying guns because of the Chinese virus. They want our guns, but now think they need one afterall?

I happened to buy a M&P 45 shortly before the panic, and for a discounted price. I also bought some practice ammo and 45 acp HST+P's before the SHTF. I have dies, primers, powder, and will soon have empty cases. Reloading carries more benefits than one!
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Sorry to hear that @Recon1342 It's too bad you're not here in Texas. Those with a License To Carry do not have to have background checks to buy a gun. In fact, since it is a state issued photo ID, you can even vote with it!
    The Florida CWFL is not an ID, even with a photo. It does get one past the mandatory waiting period though. I concede one gun-friendly point to TX.
    OldChap, Pete63, Nmuskier and 3 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Recon1342 View Post
    Due to panic buying, NICS keeps crashing. Iíve tried twice to bring home a 642, only to have the system crash before I can purchase one.

Stinking sheeple weirdos...
    If youíre purchasing here in Idaho, your Idaho CWL takes the place of a NICS check.....
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.Ē - Joe Lewis

ďIím not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a Ďlittleí dirty.....Ē

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Why on earth are you trying to buy a gun in the middle of all this *****, anyway? We all know the system is swamped due to panic buyers so you shouldn't be surprised. Unless there is some life or death reason you must have a 642 today leave it until things clear up and settle down then walk in and buy one easy peasy.
    tahmail, Glocking26 and OD* like this.
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    Why on earth are you trying to buy a gun in the middle of all this *****, anyway? We all know the system is swamped due to panic buyers so you shouldn't be surprised. Unless there is some life or death reason you must have a 642 today leave it until things clear up and settle down then walk in and buy one easy peasy.
    I bought a rifle a couple of weeks ago on line on sale at a great price. That was before Wuhuan Flu made its dramatic debut nationally. It finally shipped yesterday and arrives at my FFL Tuesday. I sent him an email today advising I was in no hurry to get it as I was aware of the sometimes lengthy waits for NICS or in my case, the TN Instant Check System (TICS). I'm waiting to hear back what his experience has been with TICS this past week. But I'm guessing it could be weeks before I actually get the rifle.
    WC145 likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Oregon has an instant background check through the Oregon State Police. On an average day, there are around ten people in the queue waiting for approval. At the worst time during the Obama panic buying, there was around 400 in the queue. Today, the queue was around 2,600 people buying guns in Oregon.
    airslot and matthew03 like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    If youíre purchasing here in Idaho, your Idaho CWL takes the place of a NICS check.....
    Iím well aware. Mine lapsed a year ago. Iíve been a tad busy. In any case, NICS woke back up, the LGS called me, and I got my 642, at a discounted price...
    Nmuskier, OldVet, airslot and 5 others like this.
    Velocity is temporary, mass is forever...

Years ago I bought a .22 rifle from Walmart without a CPL. Over an hour, between calling different workers and a manager and filing the proper documents.
    I bought a .243 from Gander Mountain with a CPL. About 15 minutes, with the clerk trying to help another customer.
    Local gun shop to buy an AR lower with a CPL? Under 5 minutes. Support your local gun shop!

(I wish I hadn't stored those guns on the boat. If only our lake wasn't so deep!)
    airslot, Rusty222, OD* and 1 others like this.
    Psalm 144:1

I filled out the 4473 for my new SIG at about 11AM yesterday and I was told to expect 2-3 days. Imagine my surprise when I got the call at 10AM this morning that my approval had come through. I've only been living in NH for a little over a year though, and I don't know if it's done at the state or federal level up here.
    Sixgun1 likes this.

My liberal friend just picked up his first firearm after waiting a week, I have been working on him for well over a year now. I guess the virus just pushed him into the local gun store. I know, he is liberal/brainwashed.......but I am working on him and his eyes are starting to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenring1911 View Post
    My liberal friend just picked up his first firearm after waiting a week, I have been working on him for well over a year now. I guess the virus just pushed him into the local gun store. I know, he is liberal/brainwashed.......but I am working on him and his eyes are starting to open.
    Be a good teacher, Tenring.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links