Gun deliveries in the time of COVID-19 - Page 2

Gun deliveries in the time of COVID-19

This is a discussion on Gun deliveries in the time of COVID-19 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ca survivor But I think they should knock on the door and then take off, I realize I have a package delivered, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Gun deliveries in the time of COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    But I think they should knock on the door and then take off, I realize I have a package delivered, when I hear the truck taking off, not always.
    I agree.

I've had a couple packages delivered this past week, FEDEX and UPS that were just left, no knock, nothing, like stealth deliveries. Then later I'd get an Email stating my package had been delivered. Not a huge deal, nothing valuable or needed urgently.
    homo homini lupus est

Fedex and USPS have been slacking off since long before the virus.
    I have full surveillance cameras around my whole property, I catch all sorts of laziness / dishonesty in action. In the past year I've caught:
    Fedex leaving a shotgun at my doorstep with no signature after about 20 seconds of waiting.
    USPS several times (all during rain) leaving a "sorry we missed you" note without ever knocking on the door, and not even bringing the package with them while I was home to receive it.
    USPS tearing off the entire shipping label of a over 21 signature package from CZ after I didn't answer the door, then stuffing it into the mailbox.
    TruGreen leaving a treatment summary without spraying.
    TruGreen leaving advertisements for upgrades based on what they found during their tour of my yard, without ever leaving their truck.

VIP Member
    Most delivery thefts of firearms are inside jobs. UPS and FEDEX both have well known issues with firearms theft.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and the personal responsibility of his fellow man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    From what I've read on other boards, some FFL dealers are experiencing the same thing.

FEDEX & UPS have apparently relaxed the adult signature required requirements to reduce possible exposure for their employees and customers.
    A good heads up post thanks.

I was told yesterday the same thing but it was about signing my Oregon fishery landing ticket for the crab I had just delivered.

I don't think I'd want to be shipping a firearm and having it be dropped off unattended on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I sent my Bodyguard .380 into S&W for repair for light strikes. When the return package was on its way, FedEx made a big deal about the fact that an adult had to be home to sign for it, which is the procedure for return shipping a gun. But it just got delivered and the FedEx guy put it on my porch and took off, no signature required. I'm glad there were no "porch pirates" around!

Ten minutes later, I got a delivery confirmation that said I signed for it, which I did not.

S&W replaced the firing pin. With all the ranges closed, it will be a while before I can see if it helps.
    I had the same experience with my Ruger LCP. I sent it off to Ruger on March 17th and received it back at my house on the 25th.

I was home when the Fedex driver arrived, yet he rang the doorbell and left before I could even get to the door.

Btw, Ruger replaced the entire upper portion of the pistol. New slide assembly and barrel. Previously the gun was averaging about 9 malfunctions per 12 rounds. I took it out into the desert (legal out here) and fired off 50 rounds yesterday. She went bang each time. I hope you have the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    A good heads up post thanks.

I was told yesterday the same thing but it was about signing my Oregon fishery landing ticket for the crab I had just delivered.

I don't think I'd want to be shipping a firearm and having it be dropped of unattended on the porch.
    Dungeonous???

IF so I miss those things! When I was stationed at Ft. Lewis we'd set crab pots while duck hunting and get a two-fer. That is as long as the ^&&%$ seals didn't get the salmon heads we were using for bait first!
    Arejay and Tenring1911 like this.
    homo homini lupus est

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    Dungeonous???

IF so I miss those things! When I was stationed at Ft. Lewis we'd set crab pots while duck hunting and get a two-fer. That is as long as the ^&&%$ seals didn't get the salmon heads we were using for bait first!
    Yes, Dungeness crab. The market price fell thru the floor for the cooked crab market when the crises went real and exports dried up for the live market as well. Just lately some live markets opened up allowing us to get a survivable price for what's being caught this time of year. The markets are Chinese live markets.
    Mjolnir and Chuck R. like this.

I have these little motion detectors around our house to let me know if there's a delivery person or anyone around the house. I know where anyone is at that comes up on any side of the house.

I've had them mounted since May 2016 and they still work as good as new. I change the batteries every fall and spring. The sending unit uses one 9 volt battery and the receiver uses 3 C cells.

You can find them on sale at Harbor Freight for $9.99. Just make sure you get different serial numbered units so they will chime differently so you'll know which side of the house you're getting the alarm from. I bought a couple of extra units because I figured in a couple of years they would wear out. So far the extra ones are still in my basement cabinet after 4 years.

If you have dogs and cats around the house you'll have to do some adjusting so you don't get alarms that you don't want.

This one covers the front porch and sidewalk.

This one covers the back door and porch and stairs. I have one down below on ground level that covers the basement door and back yard.

This one covers the garage and north side of the house and the one on the other end of the house covers the south side.

Arejay likes this.

Over the past 35 years, I have had two pistols returned to me from the manufacturer and one custom muzzleloading rifle delivered. All were supposedly adult signature required. Delivered by both UPS and FedEx. Two were left by my front door, one handgun was left with the apartment next door and they didn't bother to leave a note indicating where it had been left.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunTsu View Post
    Fedex and USPS have been slacking off since long before the virus.
    I have full surveillance cameras around my whole property, I catch all sorts of laziness / dishonesty in action. In the past year I've caught:
    Fedex leaving a shotgun at my doorstep with no signature after about 20 seconds of waiting.
    USPS several times (all during rain) leaving a "sorry we missed you" note without ever knocking on the door, and not even bringing the package with them while I was home to receive it.
    USPS tearing off the entire shipping label of a over 21 signature package from CZ after I didn't answer the door, then stuffing it into the mailbox.
    TruGreen leaving a treatment summary without spraying.
    TruGreen leaving advertisements for upgrades based on what they found during their tour of my yard, without ever leaving their truck.
    I had USPS leaving a note on my door, your package is in your PO Box, guess what, I don't have a PO Box and the package was for a 3"x5" enveloped containing pills for cancer treatment.

Dont think the doorbell has rang on any deliveries since February, does not bother me as we have a pretty secure entry.

I am waiting for a very important delivery though in the next week or so, would hate to miss it and have the toilet paper I ordered stolen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links