Gun deliveries in the time of COVID-19

This is a discussion on Gun deliveries in the time of COVID-19 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I sent my Bodyguard .380 into S&W for repair for light strikes. When the return package was on its way, FedEx made a big deal ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Gun deliveries in the time of COVID-19

I sent my Bodyguard .380 into S&W for repair for light strikes. When the return package was on its way, FedEx made a big deal about the fact that an adult had to be home to sign for it, which is the procedure for return shipping a gun. But it just got delivered and the FedEx guy put it on my porch and took off, no signature required. I'm glad there were no "porch pirates" around!

Ten minutes later, I got a delivery confirmation that said I signed for it, which I did not.

S&W replaced the firing pin. With all the ranges closed, it will be a while before I can see if it helps.
    MMinSC, OldChap, SatCong and 2 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

From what I've read on other boards, some FFL dealers are experiencing the same thing.

FEDEX & UPS have apparently relaxed the adult signature required requirements to reduce possible exposure for their employees and customers.
    Arejay likes this.
    homo homini lupus est

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I sent my Bodyguard .380 into S&W for repair for light strikes. When the return package was on its way, FedEx made a big deal about the fact that an adult had to be home to sign for it, which is the procedure for return shipping a gun. But it just got delivered and the FedEx guy put it on my porch and took off, no signature required. I'm glad there were no "porch pirates" around!

Ten minutes later, I got a delivery confirmation that said I signed for it, which I did not.

S&W replaced the firing pin. With all the ranges closed, it will be a while before I can see if it helps.
    I put in a video system a couple years ago and have caught FedEx, UPS, and the USPS documenting a few things incorrectly. The Postal Service driver is particularly lazy though. I caught her backing up my driveway in her delivery vehicle and under my carport. She then pitched the package out of the window of her vehicle and documented that the package was left on the porch. Fortunately the package did not contain anything fragile.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

A very dangerous situation waiting to happen. Not to mention the loss of one's personal property.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

I shipped my 4566 off to S&W years ago for repair via Fedex. It got dropped off at my door then. No Covid, no crisis, just life as normal.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

If I worked for FedEx, you can darn well expect that I will not b knocking on your door and having you sign that electro-pad. Drop and go.

Can you blame those drivers?

As a side note, I had a gun dropped on my porch a couple years ago with no signature or anything. No excuse for that one beyond laziness.
    OldChap and 5lima30ret like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

VIP Member
    Different times call for different measures.
    Chuck R. likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

This is why I have anything critical shipped to the store. Always someone to receive it.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post

So option 2 they hold you gun until this is all over. They stepped up and delivered you should thank them
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

I ordered something recently from Amazon standard with free ground shipping. It came a couple of days later in a Prime package delivered by a guy driving a Prime van. My camera caught him tossing it on the porch from about three steps down, turning, and running back to the van.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    So option 2 they hold you gun until this is all over. They stepped up and delivered you should thank them
    But I was there. I had been tracking the delivery. Though my window, I saw the guy drop the package. I couldn't get to the door before the guy ran off. So there would not have been an option 2.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    I just received a signature required package from my USPS delivery guy. He offered to sign on my behalf and I gladly agreed. (Not firearms-related)
    Tundra5.7 and Tenring1911 like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    If it went missing there would be a signature on that pad that's not yours and FedEx would have to pay to replace it. Plus I don't think the ATF would be too happy about him forging a signature for a gun.
    sdprof likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    From what I've read on other boards, some FFL dealers are experiencing the same thing.

FEDEX & UPS have apparently relaxed the adult signature required requirements to reduce possible exposure for their employees and customers.
    But I think they should knock on the door and then take off, I realize I have a package delivered, when I hear the truck taking off, not always.
    Chuck R. likes this.

Couple of thoughts. First, I don't really want it advertised that that little box contains a gun. Delivery people sometimes decide to "divert" stuff when they know what it is.

Given that, if the delivery person is unaware there is a lethal weapon in the package, and given the much more easily determined lethal danger of catching the virus and then transmitting it to one's family, I cannot say I really blame them for not initiating close contact.

We have always made it a requirement to know what day a package is being delivered. We then watch for the delivery person, let them place it on the porch, and after they walk away, we open the door, yell "Thanks", and get the package.
    sdprof and ca survivor like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links