The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread - Page 3

The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread

This is a discussion on The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just to throw something a little different out there is my Dan Wesson PM-9....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree434Likes

Thread: The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread

VIP Member
    Just to throw something a little different out there is my Dan Wesson PM-9.

The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread-xufdkm5.jpg
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

My CZ75C
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread-screenshot_20200409-120331_gallery_1586451855702.jpg  

My only 9mm.

The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread-kimg0075.jpg
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyR View Post
    My 9mm's in order:
    Diamondback DB9FS, OWB EDC gun.
    Ruger SR9, Wife's full size
    Ruger EC9s, Wife's CC gun
    Ruger, LC9s Pro, CC IWB gun
    Walther CCP, Impulse buy for $100

The FS9 i think was very under rated...Sweet shooting gun with a good trigger and ergos.
    Sadly it didn't stick around long.
    Tstone and JeffreyR like this.

Lead Moderator
    S&W 9c, Walther PPS, CZ Scorpion and Kahr 9p. The 9c is my off duty /everyday carry gun , PPS and Kahr summer carry guns and the CZ is just a fun gun .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread-img_0823.jpg  

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    I bought my first 9mm last year when I decided to start carrying again after many years of not doing so. I selected a Shield in 9mm because I thought the smaller size would be easiest to conceal and would fit my not so big hands well. I wanted a 9mm mainly because the ammo was cheap enough that I could practice with it a lot. It's a nice gun and I do like it, although I don't like my pinky hanging with the 7 round mag so I always shoot it with the 8 rounder.

After I had the Shield a while I bought a Compact 9 mainly intending for it to be a range gun as my thinking was that the bigger gun would shoot better, but then I found that I really liked the way it felt in my hands and that I could conceal it quite well, so it became my carry gun. I was surprised to find that I liked the double stack grip feel better even with my smaller hands. There isn't anything I don't like about this gun, it's far and away the favorite of what I own so far. At least out to 10 yards which is what I usually shoot, it's very accurate and just feels right straight out of the box with no mods.

Since one can never have too many guns (preaching to the choir I know), before long I wanted to try something else even though I was 100% happy with my Compact. I'd always heard that Rugers were good guns and I've had a 10/22 for many years so I bought a Security 9. I realize that this is one of the lower end Rugers but still I was disappointed with it in comparison to my Compact in three areas. I hated the trigger, the grip was too slippery, and it had too much muzzle flip for my taste. Fortunately these were all correctable problems. I installed a seneschal trigger, Hogue grip sleeve and SS recoil rod which took care of all the problems. I still like the Compact better but the Ruger is now a nice shooter as well.

you do know that the S&W back straps are not like the Glocks that you stack straps on top of straps, on the S&W with the provided tool you take a strap off and install the one you like best.

I'm afraid my 9MM pistols are unremarkable, like this one - a S&W M&P Shield. It shoots well like my Glock 19 and Full-sized M&P, but I don't find myself carrying a a 9MM much these days. YMMV.

The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread-img_0181.jpg
    flintlock62, craze, rocky and 2 others like this.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

My HK p2000sk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread-screenshot_20200409-194312_gallery_1586479438044.jpg  

The only three left are the Wifeís Sig Legion 938, my G26 and Ducks Unlimited G19.

All stellar performers.

The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread-3ce8ed7f-549d-4373-9ecf-48ff6df8912d.jpeg
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Glock 19, gen 3, going on 20 years old. Factory night sights, Glock light, factory 24 rd mag. Added the factory extended slide stop lever, and thatís about it. Set up for home defense.

The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread-2e0e0740-f652-40db-864a-c47ce5178348.jpeg

Glock 26 gen 3. FDE frame because thatís what they had. GAP floor plates on the mag. G19 barrel for slightly better velocity. Tru Glo TFO sights. Gadget safety, thanks to a member here. Factory extended slide stop lever. Set up for carry.

The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread-dd4eafc6-83d8-4182-a458-9eeac5099641.jpeg

My only two 9mm pistols. I think once the madness settles down that a larger 9mm Glock may join as a house gun, to allow my old G19 some more carry time.
    JeffreyR likes this.
    Stay calm and listen to SKA!

Plastic:

Steel:

homo homini lupus est

The 9MM cartridge is a long time favorite of mine. A few of mine are SIGs, Brownings, S&Ws, Dan Wessons, HKs, and a Ruger 9MM revolver.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 9mm Pistol Photo Thread-9s-1-.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    you do know that the S&W back straps are not like the Glocks that you stack straps on top of straps, on the S&W with the provided tool you take a strap off and install the one you like best.
    I do know that. The four that came with the gun were labeled S, M, ML, and L. Why they aren't just called S, M, L, and XL is a mystery to me. But anyways, I found that the one I liked best was the ML, and that surprised me since I don't have very big hands. Going in I figured I'd want the S, but I guess how the gun feels in your hands is going to be different for each of us.

I must just like a fat grip as the Ruger feels better to me with a sleeve on it than it did without it too.
    bmcgilvray and ca survivor like this.

I left my Taurus G2 out...No pic of it...Not a fan but the thing runs like a top.
    APX-9M likes this.

Never been a huge 9mm fan but like everyone else I have a few hanging around...

Colt ORM 1991A1 .38 Super, also has 9mm and 9x23W barrels fitted to it-

Kahr CM9, just a pocket gun, gets carried when bigger guns won't work-

Springfield EMP4, got this one for the youngest to shoot in action pistol-

Custom S&W 360J 9mm/.38spl convertible, had 9mm conversion and other work done on this gun done about 12 years ago, had a titanium .38spl cylinder fitted to several years later. With moonclips it'll shoot all kinds of stuff - 9mm, .38ACP. .38 Super, 9mm Largo, 356TSW, etc.. Carried this as my BUG on duty for a number of years, now it still gets carried regularly, a great 'drop in a pocket and go' gun.

Charles Daly Hi Power, if ever there was an underrated handgun this is it. Essentially an FEG Hi Power kit assembled in America by the old 'pre-CZ' Dan Wesson and Magnum Research. Quality components, well built, and made to spec so BHP parts fit without issue, they were bargains when they were making them but it didn't last because they cost CD more to make them than they could sell them for. If you find a nice one grab it.
    msgt/ret, OD*, JeffreyR and 5 others like this.
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links