Suicide Attempt - 9 rounds of 22lr to head - Not fatal

This is a discussion on Suicide Attempt - 9 rounds of 22lr to head - Not fatal within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was over on Reddit, and I follow the r/CCW subreddit. Here was a post made by a user over there. Someone came into the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Suicide Attempt - 9 rounds of 22lr to head - Not fatal

I was over on Reddit, and I follow the r/CCW subreddit. Here was a post made by a user over there. Someone came into the hospital he works at, shot himself in the head 9 times with a 22lr, only stopped because the gun jammed. He was still alive, alert, conscious, and actually talking to the people caring for him.

This isnt a post about caliber wars, shot placement, or anything like that. Just an interesting scenario. Hope the guy gets better.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comment...n_suicidality/

Sick Joke (I know) but "What a Lousy Shot"
    MMinSC, 5lima30ret, mkh and 5 others like this.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 1821-H O-3

N.R.A. R.S.O.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    I was over on Reddit, and I follow the r/CCW subreddit. Here was a post made by a user over there. Someone came into the hospital he works at, shot himself in the head 9 times with a 22lr, only stopped because the gun jammed. He was still alive, alert, conscious, and actually talking to the people caring for him.

This isnt a post about caliber wars, shot placement, or anything like that. Just an interesting scenario. Hope the guy gets better.

Sorry, but I have to call his sincerity into question.
    Arejay, hogdaddy, airslot and 1 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.― Friedrich Nietzsche

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

See two separate unrelated episodes of The First 48 where one victim was shot point blank in the head between the eyes with a 9mm and it some how existed out of her chest. I can try to see what episode it was. She was able to run blocks away knocking on doors to find help, and survived. She did loose an eye though...

The other was with a 9mm, and the guy way awake and talking afterwards all the way to the hospital where he was put into an induced comma, but he didn't survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I tried Googling to see if there was a news story, but found nothing.

Reddit on the Internet...
    Arejay likes this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

In Sgt. Tim Gramin's famous shootout in Skokie, IL, a perp was already hit with 14, .45 ACP hollow points, hitting a kidney, both lungs and the heart, but did not stop his attack. Then finally Gramins got three well aimed head shots, all three hitting the perp in the face. But get this: The first two head shots did not enter the brain cavity and did not put the guy down. Only the last shot did. The head is pretty darn hard!
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

GpTom likes this.

Just goes to show that Don Corleone should have never closed his firearms training school.
    airslot and hogdaddy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    Just goes to show that Don Corleone should have never closed his firearms training school.
    Base of skull, sever the spinal cord, done.

Ice pick in the ear.
    M1911A1, hogdaddy and Pete63 like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Obviously put more effort into doing himself in than in to other choices in life and still failed, I know not nice
    airslot and hogdaddy like this.
    Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more. George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I believe it. Looking at his post history, he has lots of post in emergency care and trauma medicine oriented subreddits for years. It appears he does actually work in the field. His profile says he is in Texas, and in the r/CCW you can enter the type of gun you carry, and his profile says he carries a Shield 9. He also has posts in the r/Dallas subreddit, so it appears this happened in the Dallas area.

Considering there have been people who have been shot and has parts of their brain blown out, and people born with non-critical parts of their brain missing and lived decades, I dont see why this would be impossible.

Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar

No one can fault the young man's commitment to get the job done.

I worked with a female officer years ago who decided to end it all, put her .38 Special to her head and pulled the trigger. Missed, but deafened herself in one ear. I think she got a psych/medical pension out of the deal.

What did the guy know about Hillary that got him the attempted arkanicide?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    Hmm, friend of AOC maybe?
    5lima30ret likes this.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and the personal responsibility of his fellow man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links