Why do so many of you guys suggest Gold Dot ammo? - Page 3

Why do so many of you guys suggest Gold Dot ammo?

This is a discussion on Why do so many of you guys suggest Gold Dot ammo? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Carried Gold Dots on duty for a while as both they and the Speer Lawman TMJ's were on the state contract price. The 40 caliber ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Why do so many of you guys suggest Gold Dot ammo?

Carried Gold Dots on duty for a while as both they and the Speer Lawman TMJ's were on the state contract price. The 40 caliber versions were always accurate and reliable out of Beretta 96's, PX4's, Glock 22's, 23's, and Sig P229's.
    5lima30ret likes this.

VIP Member
    They just had a speel about powders on IraqVeteran8888 about 1 year ago. My friends seem to like Unique. I haven't tried it yet because it has been hard to come by.
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    The PDX1 ammo you were using eight years ago didn't work out?
    :)~ That was like 8 years ago when I first started to conceal carry. The PDX rounds had a few feeding issues and didn't cycle a few times.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for all the replies guys!

When I first started conceal carrying, I went with the advice from the local gun store (big mistake!) and went with PDX1's.... but they didnt feed so well, so I went with the local police department duty ammo (Ranger-T) and never had any issues with them.

I was just wondering why so many people were so hung-hoe on Got Dots. I've been reading up a bunch and just because the Ranger T's are used by my local department, doesn't mean they are good for my caliber and barrel length. The police department carries the Glock 22 in .40 and has a 4.49in barrel length. I carry a Glock 30s in .45 with a 3.78in barrel length... two different calibers, two different barrel lengths.

My current thinking mode is to take my 30s out to the range and take a box Ranger-T's, Gold Dot's, HST's, and Golden Saber's (all in 230gr) and see which one loads the best, and more importantly, which one shoots the smallest and most accurate groups. What shoots well in one gun (or even the same exact model) might shoot differently out of another is what I'm hearing.

With the trend of mass shooters and terrorists on our soil, I want something that will definitely pass multiple layers of clothing and fully expand in the target and stop them. I have 3 youngins with me when I am out and about and my goal is to get them to safety... so if I'm held up in the back of the store with 3 kids behind me, I want something that will definitely take down the bad guy. That's why I am at the range constantly, and my targets aren’t the "shoot in the middle and win" type of targets. I'm there to protect my kids and you guys are the exact type I need advice from to help me do that.

Im sure if you put a Modern Bullet where it belongs it will do the job. I picked the Speer Gold Dot 38+P because it was tested on the street by the NYPD. They reported it stoped bad guys. They were satisfied with the performance from 2” and 4” Revolvers. That’s actual shootings. Not water, Not jello. I haven’t heard about other calibers or makes.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links