What is the life of this product for gun sights?

What is the life of this product for gun sights?

This is a discussion on What is the life of this product for gun sights? within the Glow-On forums, part of the Vendors category; How long will your product last before I have to replace it? 1 year, 2 years, 6 months? What is the life of this product? ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By riverrambler
  • 1 Post By riverrambler

Thread: What is the life of this product for gun sights?

Sponsor

Thumbs up What is the life of this product for gun sights?

How long will your product last before I have to replace it? 1 year, 2 years, 6 months?

What is the life of this product?
    Full force 10 years.

We only use new, freshly milled and doped glow particles so we know this:
    The half life of this product is 15 years.
    So at that point the glow would be reduced by 50%.
    Other products made with 'clearance' material would last a fraction of that

And now a Saiga:

Go with the glow

Distinguished Member Array riverrambler's Avatar
    I bought your product so time will tell. When you paint the full rear sight as in the pic, aren't you going to be visually overwhelmed by the rear sight and possibly not even see the front sight in the dark?
    GreenMan0352 likes this.
    I didn't attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
    Mark Twain

Senior Member Array GreenMan0352's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrambler View Post
    I bought your product so time will tell. When you paint the full rear sight as in the pic, aren't you going to be visually overwhelmed by the rear sight and possibly not even see the front sight in the dark?
    Hey let me know how you like it! I have been looking at buying some too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor
    Very good questions, thanks.

-" so time will tell", yes I agree. So far so good, I have a spot of paint in the basement sink since day one, it glows every time I turn on the hot water.
    So there is a tip, right? It glows when you warm it up.
    The marks on my Mosin start glowing after the fourth round, the Mosin has a hot barrel.

-"aren't you going to be visually overwhelmed by the rear sight":
    No, glow differs from real light.
    The barrel which is less than 25", makes the last third of the total length of this firearm.
    So the rear sights is closer to the front sight than it is to your strong eye.
    Also the rear sight might look big in the picture because of the angle of the camera, but it is actually very small.

It works just like it would on a pistol.

Here is a tip; in most cases you don't need to use a lamp to use this product in the dark.
    It works just like a watch would. You just look at it in the dark and you know what time it is.

-Another misconception is that if you conceal carry a firearm, the glow sights will never charge.
    It's like saying that your holster can protect photo film from exposure....Light gets there for sure.

-Of course the perfect solution for every problem doesn't exist. We can just manage.
    The same way we manage risk every day a soon as we get off our bed and start going.
    Which is something we do better and better as we age, if we pay attention that is.
    Of course some individuals are the exception that confirms that rule, yes?
    Go with the glow

Sponsor
    Please like us on Facebook, we give free product from time to time to our followers:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Glow-...9596167?ref=hl

For the best price please visit our web store to order: glow-on.com
    We offer free shipping now.
    Buy with confidence:
    Purchase - Glow-On

Our eBay store

If you are an eBay fan:

Glow On Store | eBay Stores

Or if you are an Amazon.com member:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/3...0-E4FA04042642

Follow us on twitter:

https://twitter.com/the_glow_on

Glow-on @The _glow_on
    Go with the glow

I would go for it,
    its easy too use. When its charged up it glows pretty good. I got the original cause it seems a little more intense
    I was originally going to try pro-tec glow in the dark powder paint for jigs. That would involve pre heating the metal, dabbing powder on and who knows how well it would stick. Just seemed a pain to try. Just follow the directions
    I gave 3 coats then clear nail polish the next day. Sticks very well and seems durable.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
    Very good questions, thanks.

-" so time will tell", yes I agree. So far so good, I have a spot of paint in the basement sink since day one, it glows every time I turn on the hot water.
    So there is a tip, right? It glows when you warm it up.
    The marks on my Mosin start glowing after the fourth round, the Mosin has a hot barrel.

-"aren't you going to be visually overwhelmed by the rear sight":
    No, glow differs from real light.
    The barrel which is less than 25", makes the last third of the total length of this firearm.
    So the rear sights is closer to the front sight than it is to your strong eye.
    Also the rear sight might look big in the picture because of the angle of the camera, but it is actually very small.

It works just like it would on a pistol.

Here is a tip; in most cases you don't need to use a lamp to use this product in the dark.
    It works just like a watch would. You just look at it in the dark and you know what time it is.

-Another misconception is that if you conceal carry a firearm, the glow sights will never charge.
    It's like saying that your holster can protect photo film from exposure....Light gets there for sure.

-Of course the perfect solution for every problem doesn't exist. We can just manage.
    The same way we manage risk every day a soon as we get off our bed and start going.
    Which is something we do better and better as we age, if we pay attention that is.
    Of course some individuals are the exception that confirms that rule, yes?
    First off I'll say I like the product. It works well but as you've stated I'd does have limitations and I agree, everything does. For me, holstering does dull the front sight, but a hitting it with a led light for a second charges it up in a second. Since I'm going to use a light in the dark its not an issue. I tie flys and use brass dumbell eyes that I painted with the product. When I turned off the lights only one side glowed cause it was resting one eye up and one eye down. Again, I hit with a flashlight and no worries. I'll also say that it holds a charge for a long time. So for me I'd say its a winner.
    GreenMan0352 likes this.
    Mark Twain

Sponsor
    First off I'll say I like the product. It works well but as you've stated I'd does have limitations and I agree, everything does. For me, holstering does dull the front sight, but a hitting it with a led light for a second charges it up in a second. Since I'm going to use a light in the dark its not an issue. I tie flys and use brass dumbell eyes that I painted with the product. When I turned off the lights only one side glowed cause it was resting one eye up and one eye down. Again, I hit with a flashlight and no worries. I'll also say that it holds a charge for a long time. So for me I'd say its a winner.
    I 've been experimenting with s semi transparent glow paint with some sparkle to imitate the natural shimmering light reflection of some fish and some insects.
    I noticed soft lures manufacturers use a similar effect on the rubbery material.
    Do you have use for such a thing?
    I can forward some for you to try if you like.

I used the regular Glow-On on these examples.
    While it glows, it seems to be missing that glittery effect which the skin of some fish has.

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    Please remember we are giving this beautiful stainless steel bracelet at the end of the month.
    We have just a few left.
    In fact we are not selling them online anymore because I want to keep a few.

Tom enter make your purchase at:

Purchase - Glow-On

Go with the glow

Sure, I mostly flyfish but often drag lures down very deep when kayaking from point A to point B or even point G in the salt.
    Mark Twain

Sponsored Links