Glow-On right between plain iron sights and other technologies. Questions answered.

Glow-On right between plain iron sights and other technologies. Questions answered.

This is a discussion on Glow-On right between plain iron sights and other technologies. Questions answered. within the Glow-On forums, part of the Vendors category; Welcome to our section of this great forum. If your firearms have plain iron sights or standard white dots, this might be for you. If ...

Thread: Glow-On right between plain iron sights and other technologies. Questions answered.

Sponsor

Thumbs up Glow-On right between plain iron sights and other technologies. Questions answered.

Welcome to our section of this great forum.
    If your firearms have plain iron sights or standard white dots, this might be for you.
    If it's not, thanks for coming anyway, the following questions might be of interest still, please be nice.

-What is Glow-On?
    Glow-On is a super bright, concentrated, glow in the dark paint, with a nice and silky texture.
    With twice the amount of glow particles and half the binder than other competitive products.
    Glow-On is opaque, it contains its own primer, it covers dark surfaces efficiently.

-How does it work?:
    Glow-On absorbs light and it releases it afterward one bit at a time for hours.
    The initial glow is very intense, then it fades gradually

-Will I be able to see it during the day?
    Glow-On is available in 8 different luminescent bright colors:
    Original, Aqua, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Pink.

-How long does it take to charge it?
    It takes a couple of seconds.

-What do I use to charge it?
    Daylight charges it instantly, in dark conditions a LED lamp works great.

-How long does the glow will last?
    The glow will last at its lowest level all night long.
    The initial glow is very intense many time more than tritium, then fades to levels only perceptible if our eyes are adapted to darkness.
    Then you can see it any time, all night long.

-Should I leave it under a lamp for hours to get it to glow?
    No, it takes just two seconds.
    Imagine placing a tiny cup under a faucet...It fills up in two seconds.
    Now imagine it using one drop of water at a time, it will last for hours.
    Leaving Glow-On under the sun, or a lamp for hours is equivalent to leaving a cup under an open faucet for hours. It can only absorb so much

-Do I have to reapply it often?
    No, the process can be repeated millions of times for the half-life of the product, about 15 years.

-How does it compare with other technologies?

Here is how it compares with tritium.

Here is how it compares to white dots.

-How can I remove it?
    Yes, just touch it with a bit of Acetone to soften it and then just dislodge it with the handle of a thin wooden brush.

-Where can I find more info?

Glow-On
    Last edited by gatopardo; June 2nd, 2019 at 05:14 PM.
    Go with the glow

Sponsored Links