Your gun sights can be more efficient with this. - Page 2

Your gun sights can be more efficient with this.

This is a discussion on Your gun sights can be more efficient with this. within the Glow-On forums, part of the Vendors category; Maybe a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. Is it unheard of for someone to use this over faded tritium sights? If the glow ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Your gun sights can be more efficient with this.

Maybe a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway.

Is it unheard of for someone to use this over faded tritium sights? If the glow will last a while and if it's noticeably brighter than my faded Trijicons, would this be an option?

Or better yet, can this be used WITH the tritiums, like maybe a ring around them or something?

Personally, it wouldn't bother me a bit to have to shine a bright LED flashlight on them for a few seconds before carrying at night, as long as it lasts a while.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Sponsor
    Go with the glow

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Don't discourage people from purchasing goods from forum sponsors. What's the matter with you? How do you think the bills get paid around this place? lol 藍

In regards to the product in question, it does exactly as advertised. I plan to purchase a bottle just to paint the sights of my Bodyguard or LCP I'll be purchasing soon. A little contrast on those tiny bugger sights always helps. 
    I guess some guys know everything they need to know, so learning to use something new is too much to ask...
    if you are a hands-on guys this is for you.

If lifting a spoon is too much work.. this is not for you, ......thanks for the support.

Famous last words: "Look Ma'..No Hands!"

Go with the glow

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor
    The theory of relativity.

I was explaining to my little boy the Theory of Relativity.

Time is relative:
    Time is not the same for someone sitting inside the restroom, reading a 'Musicians Friend's catalog, than it is for someone waiting outside, trying to get in.

Even while we are sitting, reading our catalog, while someone is waiting outside…

Our planet is orbiting around the sun.
    Our sun is orbiting inside a galaxy.
    Our galaxy is moving across the Universe at an incredible speed.

It's amazing that we are not dizzy all the time.

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Thumbs up

Relative to other technologies Glow-On is more cost-effective
    This photo explains what I am talking about:

It took less than fifteen dollars to upgrade all these guns.
    That is a lot of savings.
    Glow-On saves you a lot of money.

Now let's talk about custom colors...
    8 colors and lots of possible combinations.
    Save money buying two vials or more.

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    A mini-tutorial. Just over a minute.

Go with the glow

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Don't discourage people from purchasing goods from forum sponsors. What's the matter with you? How do you think the bills get paid around this place? lol 😂🤣

In regards to the product in question, it does exactly as advertised. I plan to purchase a bottle just to paint the sights of my Bodyguard or LCP I'll be purchasing soon. A little contrast on those tiny bugger sights always helps. 🙂
    So does it need to be activated by a light before it glows? If so I don't believe he is going after the forum sponsor. I looked at this a few years ago and decided against it and cannot remember why. Maybe for the reason noted. I went with a very nice Olight for my EDC and a Streamlight for my main home defense weapon so the need for a glow was negated.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

I'm not discouraging anyone from buying from this sponsor. I'm just reporting my unbiased experience of trying this product a few years ago. The application was pretty easy. Once the application was dry, the sights need to be "charged up" with a bright light before they would work, just like a luminous watch dial. Regular room light was not as effective. Direct sunlight or a high-lumen flashlight worked a lot better and it only took a few seconds.

When the application was new, the sights were very bright and easy to see once they were "charged." However, they would fade pretty quickly. When the product is new, IIRC my experience was they would last less than an hour, although I never timed it. After some period of months, that got down to progressively shorter periods of time and finally they became unusable. I tried to reapply the product, but I found that even though the bottle had been tightly sealed and stored properly, the product inside was no longer effective and had dried out significantly.

Overall, I felt the product did not suit my needs. I need bright sights at night, obviously. But at night there is no light to keep the material "charged." It becomes a self-defeating prophecy. I also have tritium night sights and there is no comparison. The tritiums are consistenly bright all the time. I think the product might be useful if you had no experience with night sights and just wanted to see what they might be like. They might be worthwhile if you were taking a low light shooting class with a gun you did not yet have tritium sights for.

YMMV and the product may have improved since I tried it. I only post this as a service to my fellow forum members. I have nothing against this sponsor.
    Nix likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Sponsor
    The most basic type of marking:

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    If you are a free thinker, like Michelangelo, or Da Vinci.. you can see things no other mortals can see.

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    Nothing else can do what Glow-On can do for you.

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

Thumbs up

For the time being this is what comes inside a small package of Glow-On Original.
    And what we can do with it.

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    A great job by a serious Glow-On user.
    Find it here:
    Purchase - Glow-On

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Thumbs up

Have a nice weekend everyone and thanks for your support.
    Purchase - Glow-On

Go with the glow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links