Bug out bag BOB! Need ideas! - Page 4

Bug out bag BOB! Need ideas!

This is a discussion on Bug out bag BOB! Need ideas! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Spark456 I have been thing about getting SUB-2000 - Kel-Tec in 9mm looks easy to pack. The mag are smaller then AR ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Bug out bag BOB! Need ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Spark456 View Post
    I have been thing about getting SUB-2000 - Kel-Tec in 9mm looks easy to pack. The mag are smaller then AR

Also not sure anyone has said anything but if you take any kind of medication just pack enough
    again trouble as I would want to take enough medical supplies to tend fresh wounds and every day needs. I just don't see being able to take all that is needed with me.
    Spark456 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    I have a nice gun bag on wheels. It is a rather large size, not cheap, but it will hold a lot of stuff, has many compartments and a telescoping handle to pull it with. I have pulled it over rough terrain with about 200 pounds of ammo, guns, food and such without issues or me being tired and I am out of shape as well as old.

Now the question from me would be what could happen that would make me leave the security of my home, especially on foot. My vehicle would hold a lot of stuff. I just cannot figure what would put me out of my home.
    For me it would be if too many groups of bandits were looking to loot homes, I wouldn't want an ongoing war if the bandits were to come back after being driven away which I believe I could do unless they are pro soldiers. Or if my home was damaged from natural disaster. I think it would only be punk thugs and regular criminals taking advantage of no LE presence.

I'm buying an atv this year. It's my get out of dodge plan. Will load bare 250#s of gear, 4x4 on demand, dot acceptable tires [ 12 ply is what I'll be swapping them to which will hold up better on rough terrain with less chance of blowing one out of the rocks ] so road travel to get to the Superstitions [ just 5 miles to the base of the mountain ]. From there, it's 4x4 into areas we search on SAR that have water year round.

My 3 day always ready to go SAR pack will be supplemented with all manner of necessities, including 15-20 gallons of water [ 105-140 #'s worth ]. The pack already weighs 60#'s with med gear included [ hold WFR cert so carry med stuff ]. That takes me to 200#' of the 250 allotted that can be carried safely on the 4x4.

First water area of the Supes, and if it gets too crowded in that area, one can get further back into the wilderness another mile or so, and still be close enough to return for water when necessary.
    OD* likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

In my experience, working disaster/flood/quake..the first thing you miss is light...extra batterys...then extra contruction grade (thick) plastic garbage bags, as large as possible, a simple reliable CHARGER for your phone/light , a couple of "spare" knifes, para cord, at least 4 ways to start a fire....before I would "pack" a long gun, Id pack a radiation detector, (something made in the 21st century) and water and at least two (2) ways to make it drinkable...
    BuckeyeMike likes this.

There are many major problems when a large area is being evacuated and many things to be considered. I have been forced to flee from hurricanes on two occasions. Fuel was not available. Destinations were uncertain. Traffic was horrible. Some destinations were not gun friendly. Some destinations, even 500 miles away did not have accommodations. We have a large RV and it is self contained but fuel and parking areas are not plentiful either.

Even now, I do not go to bed without 3/4 of a tank of fuel. The RV has a lot of needed items ready to go.

No matter what, all my guns will go with us.
    AzQkr, OD* and BuckeyeMike like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links