My life is possibly in danger and I need advice. - Page 4

My life is possibly in danger and I need advice.

This is a discussion on My life is possibly in danger and I need advice. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by doodbruh Yes, that is the news article, and they won't release much information because these people are all 17 years old. And ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: My life is possibly in danger and I need advice.

Quote Originally Posted by doodbruh View Post
    Yes, that is the news article, and they won't release much information because these people are all 17 years old. And I get what everyone is saying about just moving far away but we can't really do that because then my 10 year old stepbrother would be put in a foster home. I can't make it seem like I'm scared to be here either because then DCS will not give my mom custody of him. I tried calling the lead detective with the TBI several times regarding the 3 people that showed up at my door but he never answered nor returned my phone calls. My mom met with DCS this morning and assuming everything went well, we will be moving ASAP. But for now I think we are fine because the stepbrother that they are looking for is in the ICU due to not taking care of his diabetes. We also have an sks as a backup weapon. This is a really tough situation. By the way, my other two stepbrothers have felony charges and would not get custody of their brother. I did get in contact with local police and we have a patrol car sitting in the parking lot and they said he will sit there until the other three people are caught or until we move to somewhere safe. Sorry if this post is all over the place, my mind is too...
    Great to hear from you and that everyone is ok.. Sounds like you're doing the best you can and hopefully everything works out for the best and you can get away from there ASAP.. Also, good to hear that you have a patrol car sitting in your parking lot until things are safe again.. Keep us updated.. Good luck..

VIP Member
    Yes, that is the news article, and they won't release much information because these people are all 17 years old. And I get what everyone is saying about just moving far away but we can't really do that because then my 10 year old stepbrother would be put in a foster home. I can't make it seem like I'm scared to be here either because then DCS will not give my mom custody of him. I tried calling the lead detective with the TBI several times regarding the 3 people that showed up at my door but he never answered nor returned my phone calls. My mom met with DCS this morning and assuming everything went well, we will be moving ASAP. But for now I think we are fine because the stepbrother that they are looking for is in the ICU due to not taking care of his diabetes. We also have an sks as a backup weapon. This is a really tough situation. By the way, my other two stepbrothers have felony charges and would not get custody of their brother. I did get in contact with local police and we have a patrol car sitting in the parking lot and they said he will sit there until the other three people are caught or until we move to somewhere safe. Sorry if this post is all over the place, my mind is too...
    Sounds like things are going about as well as they could be. Good luck.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Regarding the weapons list I presumed that info came from the guy they caught.

A lot of wisdom in the second comment. Different generations start at different places I suppose. Hopefully he seeks advice from a professional or three.
    The TBI gathered the information through the shell casings and the one guy that they have caught had 2 ak47s in his home along with empty sks rounds in his pockets. But as far as I know, he hasn't given up any names yet. He has just said that he hired the three other people. So nobody really knows who they are. And in Tennessee at least, it is illegal to fingerprint a minor so if these other three are minors, there is no way to identify them if there are fingerprints on the casings.

And thank you everyone who has responded to this, I just have no clue what to do other than stay put until my mom gets custody of my stepbrother and then get the hell out of town, at least until the other three shooters are caught.
    graydude and vminghelli2 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Good advice in this thread. Sounds like the police have the main offender. His accomplice's may be on the run or laying low. But you are wise to prepare for their return, just in case. Don't be surprised if these guys turn on each other to save themselves. If so, they'll probably get all of them. Might be wise to have another competent person with you who can alternate keeping an eye out while the other sleeps. Call it guard duty or whatever. Sleep deprivation can lead to poor decision making. Be careful, limit going out and do so in pairs...armed. Best of luck, and God Bless. Prayers sent for you and yours...

The TBI gathered the information through the shell casings and the one guy that they have caught had 2 ak47s in his home along with empty sks rounds in his pockets. But as far as I know, he hasn't given up any names yet. He has just said that he hired the three other people. So nobody really knows who they are. And in Tennessee at least, it is illegal to fingerprint a minor so if these other three are minors, there is no way to identify them if there are fingerprints on the casings.

And thank you everyone who has responded to this, I just have no clue what to do other than stay put until my mom gets custody of my stepbrother and then get the hell out of town, at least until the other three shooters are caught.
    Well you got good things on your side

1 They got one guy

2 He said he hired the other 3

3 they have 3 of the guns use and off the streets

So that's better then it was so far. Was the guy the cops have underage?

Quote Originally Posted by Spark456 View Post
    Well you got good things on your side

1 They got one guy

2 He said he hired the other 3

3 they have 3 of the guns use and off the streets

So that's better then it was so far. Was the guy the cops have underage?
    Yes, the guy they have in custody is 17 years old. Im not sure about the other three that he said he hired. He may have just said he hired them to try to get out of saying names but I don't really know. The detective with the TBI said that he is looking at 1st degree murder and several other charges and they will be trying for 3 life sentences without possibility of parole. But if he really did hire these guys, I bet they all have more guns. And this kid has been buying ghost guns on the black market so they aren't traceable.
    Spark456 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Second Smitty... don't stay there and be a target if you really think you're in danger.
    Ill be damned if some thug is going to push me out of my home. But that's me.
    Spark456 likes this.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    I guess we all look at things from where we are. My first thought would be to get my wife and two young kids out of harm's way. Proud and dead doesn't do them any good, but that's just me.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

You got that right

Glad you are ok so far. I cant add anything useful but will be thinking and praying about this awful situation you're in. Hope you all can find a path to a better location and circumstances real soon.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    They aren't trying to push him out of his home. They already came to kill people. Big difference.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Agreed! This is NO TIME for chest thumping. This is time for immediate, radical action with the sole intent of saving the remainder of the family.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

It's only a matter of time until the suspects get caught. In the meantime, arm yourself and family members too. Hope they catch the rest of em quick. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure there are some here who would be inclined to preempt the little dindu's potential to threaten anyone.
    SatCong likes this.

We had something like this in my area about 7 years ago. The brother of a 'business man', of sorts, shot up a house with an AK, but it was the wrong house! No injuries but he was held on $100K bond, bond was posted and he never served time. Guess it is who you know and how deep your pockets are that really matter.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links