Evil People Are Watching you - Page 2

Evil People Are Watching you

This is a discussion on Evil People Are Watching you within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OneGunTX It is because of incidents like the one the OP described that I have a gun safe, bolted to the frame ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Evil People Are Watching you

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGunTX View Post
    It is because of incidents like the one the OP described that I have a gun safe, bolted to the frame of my truck (Console Vault), in my center console. It would take a criminal a long time to pry open the lid of the safe and there is no cable for the criminal to cut.
    Close to 1100 cars a month are stolen in the Houston area. They are not worried about your "locked center console." Steal & plunder at their leisure. My last stint at employment was "ASE Master Auto Technican." Cars & trucks can be QUICKLY stolen, and having done numerous theft repairs I KNOW! I got them all where I worked because I liked (& was good at) column repair. I leave NOTHING OF VALUE in my truck.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
    I always reload my EDC with my carry ammo before leaving the range. I'm also pretty good about looking for cars/trucks that have been in behind me for too long. I never stop anywhere when I leave the range. I go right home and secure my other guns.
    Also never shoot all of your ammo. I took note of this a few years ago when I stumbled upon a similar story like this one:
    https://www.ncgunblog.com/2013/04/17...-at-the-range/
    Pete63, GpTom, gasmitty and 2 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    Also never shoot all of your ammo. I took note of this a few years ago when I stumbled upon a similar story like this one:
    https://www.ncgunblog.com/2013/04/17...-at-the-range/
    Good story! I do something similar. I carry an extra concealed pistol, I don't intend to shoot.I had something go down decades ago, which prodded me to addapt this practice.
    Secret Spuk and CWOUSCG like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
    I always reload my EDC with my carry ammo before leaving the range. I'm also pretty good about looking for cars/trucks that have been in behind me for too long. I never stop anywhere when I leave the range. I go right home and secure my other guns.
    I usually do it this way also except for the last range visit.
    I accidentally shot ALL my ammo...even my carry ammo. We were putting our guns away and I realized I had no ammo to load. DOH!!
    Luckily the range is just a few minutes from our house. Amazing how naked you feel with an empty gun on your hip.

Senior Member Array Illusive Man's Avatar
    I keep 2 magazines that are loaded with my carry ammo and they stay in a seperate compatment of my bag. It's always in the back of my head that I need ammo to be prepared for an adventure on my ride home.
    Pete63, paulinsf and joker1 like this.
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyR View Post
    I usually do it this way also except for the last range visit.
    I accidentally shot ALL my ammo...even my carry ammo. We were putting our guns away and I realized I had no ammo to load. DOH!!
    Luckily the range is just a few minutes from our house. Amazing how naked you feel with an empty gun on your hip.
    This is so true. I ran an errand a few days ago the convenience store a few blocks from my house and realized I had no gun on me. I felt strange!!!!
    joker1 likes this.
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Quote Originally Posted by arte710 View Post
    It is because of incidents like the one the OP described that I have a gun safe, bolted to the frame of my truck (Console Vault), in my center console. It would take a criminal a long time to pry open the lid of the safe and there is no cable for the criminal to cut.
    How many rifles can you fit in there? ;)
    Just a couple in here.

http://www.truckvault.com
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

I will be blunt- Either my loaded carry gun stays in my pocket the whole time and doesn't get shot, or I reload it and put it back in my pocket before ending the session. There is NO WAY I am leaving an urban indoor or rural outdoor firing range without a loaded gun in my immediate possession- range policy be dammed. Sorry if that ruffles some feathers, but you can try hanging out around the Firing Line in Aurora or the Silver Bullet in Wheat Ridge and let me know your thoughts about the indigenous locals.
    joker1 and CWOUSCG like this.
    Enjoying my daily viewing of the "love has no labels" SJW clickbait on DC.com.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

When shopping at Walmart, remember that even serial killers need to buy toilet paper.

It's a good lesson for everyone on this fine forum.

I hate to leave a weapon in my car; but when I do, it's secured in a car safe (if a hand gun). I also have locked long guns, but do not always (as it's a bit of a pain).

I really should look into convenient ways to secure long guns, I'm sure that they must exist. (Comments invited!)

Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Sponsor
    I know of incidents where people waited till a shooter or two were downrange pasting targets etc and ran from cover and stole the guns on tailgates/tables in sandpits back east. Out here in the desert, guns have gone missing while people were "downrange" that were left back where they were shooting from.

I ALWAYS had a loaded gun on me when back east in the pits and always have one on me when out in the desert. Caught two 19-20 year olds back east at our shooting table we'd set up about to grab the guns and run. Only the sight of the gun I produced [ j frame 38 from the back pocket ] with a very stern command to back away from the guns or be shot kept the idiots from being fired on.

NEVER leave unattended guns out while downrange, even at a public range, guns just grow legs and walk off. Guns left in vehicle after leaving range? No problem here, I've tailed too many for a living and watched for the same being done continuously to not pick up even the best tail.

I caught a det. from another town back east following me when I was investigating his chief. I took him to a stop and rob where he parked across the street. Went inside and asked to use the back door as an emergency. Circumvented around the back of two buildings, one being a grocery store and came up along side his driver window from behind knocking on the glass. Told him if I caught him following me again, I'd drag him out of his unmarked and beat the crap out of him. If he didn't like that, he could call the local dept and explain why he was working in their town without notifying them and out of his jurisdiction. He left, and I learned he told the chief not to ask him for a favor like that again, do his own dirty work.

Last time I picked up a tail it was two dea agents who had seen me talking to someone they had under surveillance. I'd gotten a cal to meet this guy to train a group of his friends. The meet was short, I didn't like the answers they gave me and left without staying for their lunch invite. The agents took my plate in the lot when I left and two days later set up down the street from the house. Not that they could be any more obvious in a blacked out SUV sitting on the side of the road that pulled out two cars behind me, then turned into a neighboring commercial business when I went into a stop and rob. Still wasn't quite sure, so when I left I drive by them and sure enough that SUV pulled out a few hundred feet behind me.

Led them to walmart, went in and left through the garden center exit, up to the drivers window and knocked. They wouldn't roll the window down like no one could see them through the dark tint. Told the driver if I caught him following me again, there was going to be a major problem, better call their boss and have him contact me, which he did in person at my front door with another agent the very next morning. Invited them in, they wanted to see the sbr/3 cans and the paperwork which I obliged them. Told the boss I wasn't going to be followed, didn't care what they thought was going on, but he better put smarter agents on me and more vehicles if he was ever going to be successful at keeping tabs on me. That's when he asked me why I met this guy at a restaurant a few days before. Explained why, and that if he had any further questions he could make a call back east, I'd give him a number to call and confirm I wasn't a turd. Never saw the boys again, I guess they were satisfied I had the paperwork in order for the sbr/cans and did a better background check on my past employment status.

I don't get followed, ALWAYS watching the rear view, especially at stop signs/lights, making note of various vehicles. Easy enough to spot something similar after making several lefts and rights. Once it's a possibility, the game is on. Once it's confirmed, I'll take them to a place I can trap them like that detective and confront them. I don't dance, no matter what music they're listening to.

I leave the truck unlocked when I go into a stop and rob, but I can see it. Most of the time I'll sit at a diner or restaurant where I can watch it if there's guns in the truck. Or go somewhere else where I can keep an eye on it. The routine has been tweaked for so long due to the work for decades it's just second nature really. I'm not that oblivious fng when it comes to SA.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    I stop just outside the gate and reload mine, for the ride home, because loaded guns are not allowed except on the firing line. The range is in a rural area so it is very easy to see if anybody is approaching. My older son taught me to keep one gun loaded at the range just in case somebody tries to steal the one your shooting. Thanks for the reminder about watching for a tail. This story is very similar to the one a few years ago where a guy had his guns stolen from a Florida restaurant parking lot.
    Pete63 and Chaplain Scott like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    ....It is a fact that "when food is involved" a lot more people turn out to shoot.
    Works for me!

I have some experience being followed as well....

One funny, but most not so funny.

I was working plain clothes at one point while shadowing a potential mugger. Anyhoo I was on one side of the street and my partner on the other side... Our subject crossed the street and began going in the opposite direction. As I turned around I was facing a young Asian male who promptly bent down to tie his shoe... I was like " dude, your wearing loafers". He just looked at me and said nothing... then walked off The real funny part was that he continued tying the non existent knot. To this day I have no clue who he was, dressed too good to be anti-crime.

Based on my negative experiences... I can say that being followed is NEVER a good thing. IF and when I ever notice someone following me I quick, review my last few stops and transactions. Having been trained and experienced in following people I recognize the kind of tail and understand the motivations for the tail. Electronic tail means your interesting to someone with money and resources, like some government entity. If the tail is long term you might want to include criminal organization to the list. A progressive tail, that's when they pick you up from your home the first day, as you make your first normal every day stop, they'll pick you up at your first stop the third or fourth day. And as they learn your routine, they pick you up at various spots during the period of survaillance.

What most of us have to worry about is the unorganized, sloppy direct tail. This is usually bad news from bad news people. While easier to spot, you need to prepare for some kind of action. My advice would be to never confront those watching you as they are likely to have a plan. I'd advise notifying the police. Not just to have them investigate, but to go on the record of being under threat. Giving the police a heads will help them to possibly solve past crimes, and possibly solve your robbery or assault or murder if your unarmed and a pure victim.

Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    I stop just outside the gate and reload mine, for the ride home, because loaded guns are not allowed except on the firing line. The range is in a rural area so it is very easy to see if anybody is approaching. My older son taught me to keep one gun loaded at the range just in case somebody tries to steal the one your shooting. Thanks for the reminder about watching for a tail. This story is very similar to the one a few years ago where a guy had his guns stolen from a Florida restaurant parking lot.
    Same here. Rural area with electronic gate. It's the local police range, so I don't mind loading when I get in my truck.
    ...and thanks AzQkr, I now tuck my gun under my thigh when driving so that I have faster access than trying to pull it out of my holser if I need it.

Same here on the console gun vault. I usually go to and from range.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links