"Unthinkable" Seminar By William Aprill - Page 2

"Unthinkable" Seminar By William Aprill

This is a discussion on "Unthinkable" Seminar By William Aprill within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Kenny53 Never heard of Dr. Aprill but I think I would like to attend one his seminars. Look forward to your additional ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: "Unthinkable" Seminar By William Aprill

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny53 View Post
    Never heard of Dr. Aprill but I think I would like to attend one his seminars. Look forward to your additional post on the subject.
    He's very well-known in the training/shooting communities I've been associated with. Greg Ellifritz, Tactical Defense Institute and Buckeye Firearm have all promoted his seminars in the past. In fact, Ellifritz is how I found out about this one.

If you like David Grossman's seminars, you would probably like this one. Different styles of presentation, but equally engaging.
    matthew03 and OD* like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

....and depending again, where you are, I thought it would be a higher %.....used to see the Predators out there every day....I used to leave the city, come home after work and tell my wife, the neighbors out here have no idea what the city is really like...those cannibals will come out here and "eat their lunch"....it was truly like entering and leaving the "Twilight Zone" Newark NJ every work day.
    Mike1956 and matthew03 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavy View Post
    ....and depending again, where you are, I thought it would be a higher %.....used to see the Predators out there every day....I used to leave the city, come home after work and tell my wife, the neighbors out here have no idea what the city is really like...those cannibals will come out here and "eat their lunch"....it was truly like entering and leaving the "Twilight Zone" every work day.
    I'll maybe catch some crap for saying this, but 12-step meetings was where I've personally seen the greatest concentrations.
    dangerranger likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

....well for me it was usually out front of the Methadone Clinic on our corner....just unbelievable.
    Mike1956 and Risasi like this.

VIP Member
    ....well for me it was usually out front of the Methadone Clinic on our corner....just unbelievable.
    Some of the same folks who would be at a noon meeting a little later in the day.

In the book "Dreamland", the author asserts that methadone clinics were where the Jalisco Boys did much of their trolling for customers.

I used to wonder seeing the women hand in hand with their little kids what a memory it has to be for a child growing up and being at the Methadone Clinic every morning with that mob of maniacs...OMG.....horrible.
    Mike1956 likes this.

VIP Member
    I used to wonder seeing the women hand in hand with their little kids what a memory it has to be for a child growing up and being at the Methadone Clinic every morning with that mob of maniacs...OMG.....horrible.
    Cultivating the next crop...

It's really a horrible situation but I guess your right.....next generation.....and.... Mr. April is right on....you become edible.
    Mike1956 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    He has has been around a while...has a real depth of knowledge on criminal/defensive interactions.

This is pretty insightful short video pertaining to his knowledge of this. While his defensive education is comprehensive... integrating everything from deciding whether to carry to carrying out the actual self defense action...I find this insight into the underlying aspects of even the need for self defense to be about the most interesting part of this whole endeavor...more interesting than guns, gear and tactics.

“The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny53 View Post
    Never heard of Dr. Aprill but I think I would like to attend one his seminars. Look forward to your additional post on the subject.
    If you search for him on YouTube you'll find quite a few videos of him as guest on podcasts.
    Mike1956 likes this.

Just looked through my notes from the class, I also wrote a short novel; I don't think my pen ever stopped moving!
    Mike1956 and matthew03 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heymarv View Post
    Just looked through my notes from the class, I also wrote a short novel; I don't think my pen ever stopped moving!
    Watching that video serves as a great example of exactly how he talks for one hour and fifteen minute blocks. It never got dry or boring, and the note-taking was non-stop.
    Shootnlead likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Looks like this seminar is coming to Lincoln, Nebraska, on March 9th. That would be an overnight trip for me so I won't be going. If one is happening closer to me then I'll attend.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I met my first psychopath, up close and personal, when I was eight years old. There have been too many since then. I've not seen it all, but I've seen enough.

Another takeaway from the seminar was that sociopathic/psychopathic personality types may occur in up to four percent of the entire population.

I had previously believed a much lower number.

The ones I have met personally seem to congregate by the modern-day watering holes, where prey are in most abundance.
    That in itself is (or SHOULD be) a very sobering statistic, for anyone who is paying attention, as (apparently) most are not.

The shocking numbers of Americans who "go missing" each year is another.

(I would like to see greater definition on this, by age groups, by gender, etc.) I would presume it to be higher in terms of women and children, etc.

One big takeaway (for me) is this: it is not IF one will encounter/be confronted by a sociopath/psychopath, only WHEN.

Over the long haul, I would call it a GUARANTEE. Seems wise to prepare for that eventuality, particularly in terms of mindset.

Thanks, Mike, for sharing this important data.
    Mike1956, OD* and graydude like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    That in itself is (or SHOULD be) a very sobering statistic, for anyone who is paying attention, as (apparently) most are not.

The shocking numbers of Americans who "go missing" each year is another.

(I would like to see greater definition on this, by age groups, by gender, etc.) I would presume it to be higher in terms of women and children, etc.

One big takeaway (for me) is this: it is not IF one will encounter/be confronted by a sociopath/psychopath, only WHEN.

Over the long haul, I would call it a GUARANTEE. Seems wise to prepare for that eventuality, particularly in terms of mindset.

Thanks, Mike, for sharing this important data.
    4% of the population suggests 10 million people are sociopathic/psychopathic personality types.
    PhaedrusIV, OD* and graydude like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links