"Unthinkable" Seminar By William Aprill - Page 5

"Unthinkable" Seminar By William Aprill

This is a discussion on "Unthinkable" Seminar By William Aprill within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by graydude Mike, was there any discussion about canes and how they may or may not relate to victim selection? Gait is a ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: "Unthinkable" Seminar By William Aprill

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Mike, was there any discussion about canes and how they may or may not relate to victim selection?
    Gait is a huge consideration in targeting. He didn't mention canes specifically.
    graydude, TSKnight, AzQkr and 1 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Mike, was there any discussion about canes and how they may or may not relate to victim selection?
    I can try to answer that question from Samenow's perspective.
    Gate, the way we walk, tells a lot about us to an observer. While using a cane is an indicator of a possible infirmity, there are other indicators that may be counted as more important. (i.e. purpose, general awareness, dress or style, etc. ad nauseum)

See Mike's post above.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Im familiar with gait indicating general health, fitness, and mindset. Just curious about canes in particular since here on DC weve discussed using canes in NPEs.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Im familiar with gait indicating general health, fitness, and mindset. Just curious about canes in particular since here on DC weve discussed using canes in NPEs.
    He did mention one defensive use of a cane, but only in passing.
    graydude likes this.

Mike, I am late to the party here, but thank you for posting this information. I watched one of his videos today and found the information extremely useful. Yes, it is mostly common sense, but he brings it all together well. Hopefully he will do a seminar in my neck of the woods (Georgia) someday.

Thanks again!
    Mike1956, OD* and Risasi like this.

One of the take aways I really held onto after taking "Unthinkable" was Dr. Arill's thoughts on awareness.

Nobody can perpetually live in a heightened state of awareness. If you're familiar with Cooper's Color Codes - we're not all walking around in condition orange, we just can't and shouldn't be that amped up all the time. It's like a sine wave, our awareness comes and goes, dips and peaks - while we can't be aware all of the time we can work to be aware some of the time.

The old Tom Givens' law is applicable here; when you're out and about ask yourself often: "Who is around me and what are they doing?"

Along with that, as a rule: "If you see something and you don't know it's something but you know it's not nothing, do something."

Awareness put another way, "You can't avoid potholes you don't see."

Being realistically aware is what we should strive for. I think people pay a lot of lip service to being aware in the form of, "I always keep my head on a swivel!" No. You Don't. You're looking at your phone, you're talking to your significant other, you're ordering food, etc. You're not the Terminator. Understand your limitations, but as Dr. Aprill said in his class, try to make awareness a task. Be mindful of what's going on around you, and in terms of having yourself de-selected as a target, be mindful of how you present yourself.
    Last edited by heymarv; March 2nd, 2019 at 09:03 PM.
    PhaedrusIV, Mike1956 and OD* like this.

These fiendish characters portrayed in modern scenarios have been around since before the invention of history.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Are these classes only held in one place? or do they move around the country?

Joe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heymarv View Post
    One of the take aways I really held onto after taking "Unthinkable" was Dr. Arill's thoughts on awareness.

Nobody can perpetually live in a heightened state of awareness. If you're familiar with Cooper's Color Codes - we're not all walking around in condition orange, we just can't and shouldn't be that amped up all the time. It's like a sine wave, our awareness comes and goes, dips and peaks - while we can't be aware all of the time we can work to be aware some of the time.

The old Tom Givens' law is applicable here; when you're out and about ask yourself often: "Who is around me and what are they doing?"

Along with that, as a rule: "If you see something and you don't know it's something but you know it's not nothing, do something."

Put another way, "You can't avoid potholes you don't see."
    He talked about taking heed of things that "look funny", not necessarily things you can put a finger on, but just not quite ordinary. Trust your gut.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joezilla View Post
    Are these classes only held in one place? or do they move around the country?

Joe
    He puts on his "Unthinkable" seminar on all over the country. Again, search "William Aprill" and go to his website.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links