"Unthinkable" Seminar By William Aprill

This is a discussion on "Unthinkable" Seminar By William Aprill within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I attended this seminar yesterday at the Makoy Center in Hilliard, Ohio. It was hosted by Buckeye Firearms, and attended by about two hundred people. ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: "Unthinkable" Seminar By William Aprill

VIP Member

I attended this seminar yesterday at the Makoy Center in Hilliard, Ohio. It was hosted by Buckeye Firearms, and attended by about two hundred people. The last Buckeye Firearms event I attended was David Grossman's, and like that one, this one was well-organized and put on at a very nice venue.

Dr. Aprill covered much material in a fairly short time. I took sixteen pages of handwritten notes, and could have easily taken that many more. Given the volume of info covered, it's simpler to post the flyer for the seminar, and say that he followed it closely:

https://trainmdfi.com/wp-content/upl...ABLE_FLYER.pdf

Lots of takeaways from the seminars. Here are just a few:

Violent Criminal Actors are a subset of our society.

Psychopaths and sociopaths occur in up to four percent of the general population. They aren't stupid or crazy.

Upwards of 1.5 million Americans go missing each year. If only one percent of them are homicide victims, our national homicide rate would double.

Victims are often specifically targeted, based on visual attributes. These attributes aren't necessarily what they are perceived to be.

1/3 to 1/2 of violent crimes in the US go unreported.

These are but a few of the takeaways and talking points. I would recommend this seminar to anyone, regardless of previous training, background, experience or political bent.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Interesting. Pretty heavy stuff. I would add:

Most psychopaths and sociopaths work for the government.

Most people who go missing want to be missing and they are the lucky ones among us.
    forester58 and The Old Anglo like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Interesting. Pretty heavy stuff. I would add:

Most psychopaths and sociopaths work for the government.

Most people who go missing want to be missing and they are the lucky ones among us.
    It was very heavy stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    It was very heavy stuff.
    Did he talk about human trafficking? I have been reading up that is a huge issue, even in white bread suburban America.
    Chicagobill likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Did he talk about human trafficking? I have been reading up that is a huge issue, even in white bread suburban America.
    No, rape, violent assaults and homicides were the only specific crimes addressed. Human trafficking can include any or all three, for sure.
    OD* likes this.

Dr. Aprill's class was hands down one of the best classes I've ever attended. I highly recommend anyone get in his "Unthinkable" class if it comes to a town near you.
    Mike1956 and Joezilla like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heymarv View Post
    Dr. Aprill's class was hands down one of the best classes I've ever attended. I highly recommend anyone get in his "Unthinkable" class if it comes to a town near you.
    Likewise on the endorsement/recommendation.
    Joezilla likes this.

VIP Member
    As I was taking in the seminar yesterday, it occurred to me that there was no way I would be able to effectively impart the content in a condensed AAR like I would post here. A day later, it still holds true. There was so much imparted about mental illness, violent criminals and the mindsets under which they operate, and the characteristics of the victims they choose that there is simply no way to convey it all here.

Suffice to say, there is much to be learned that I had never previously considered. I'll probably be starting a few more threads about specific topics covered in the seminar in the upcoming days.
    bakes, airslot, Frodebro and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    As I was taking in the seminar yesterday, it occurred to me that there was no way I would be able to effectively impart the content in a condensed AAR like I would post here. A day later, it still holds true. There was so much imparted about mental illness, violent criminals and the mindsets under which they operate, and the characteristics of the victims they choose that there is simply no way to convey it all here.

Suffice to say, there is much to be learned that I had never previously considered. I'll probably be starting a few more threads about specific topics covered in the seminar in the upcoming days.
    Will follow
    montejames likes this.

I would travel a good distance to sit in on that. Hopefully they schedule another within a few states distance.

I will email them and inquire about hosting criteria.
    Mike1956 and matthew03 like this.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    Unfortunately, nothing you mentioned Mike1956, surprises me......they're out there.
    Mike1956 and Hoganbeg like this.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Who was it that said, " I wasn't planning on going for a run today.....then the Game Wardens came out of nowhere".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavy View Post
    Unfortunately, nothing you mentioned Mike1956, surprises me......they're out there.
    No real surprises for me, either. That's the first I've looked of some aspects of it all so closely which, while not surprising, were sobering.
    TSKnight and Militant like this.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    If you ever work in a large city like I did, Newark NJ for years or Chicago or NYC sooner or later you get to see it all......unfortunately.
    Mike1956, OD* and flintlock62 like this.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Who was it that said, " I wasn't planning on going for a run today.....then the Game Wardens came out of nowhere".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavy View Post
    I you ever work in a large city like I did, Newark NJ for years or Chicago or NYC sooner or later you get to see it all......unfortunately.
    I met my first psychopath, up close and personal, when I was eight years old. There have been too many since then. I've not seen it all, but I've seen enough.

Another takeaway from the seminar was that sociopathic/psychopathic personality types may occur in up to four percent of the entire population. I had previously believed a much lower number. The ones I have met personally seem to congregate by the modern-day watering holes, where prey are in most abundance.

Never heard of Dr. Aprill but I think I would like to attend one his seminars. Look forward to your additional post on the subject.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links