The Speed of the Ambush Attack - Page 7

The Speed of the Ambush Attack

This is a discussion on The Speed of the Ambush Attack within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sure, there are counters. Face in phone, possibly intoxicated simply don't lend themselves well to an effective response....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: The Speed of the Ambush Attack

VIP Member
    Sure, there are counters. Face in phone, possibly intoxicated simply don't lend themselves well to an effective response.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    If he had H2H skills and a second's notice, he could have defended. There are many different moves, but I would default to the one I was first taught decades ago. See it starting at 0:32 in the animation. It takes a split second and it is devastating if it hits the head. It can also forcefully deflect the punch depending on the timing. The key is the first part. Turn leading with your elbow high. Almost anything coming it will run into that elbow and if nothing does, the elbow extends into the spinning hammer-fist. the circular motion generates a lot of power very quickly.

I hear you Brother and I agree but some people simply are not going to accept what they don't want to hear.

In spite of how close the attacker was and in spite of how fast this attack unfolded, there are many things that may have made a difference here. I am not saying that he would have won the day or escaped without taking a lick but you don't have much of a chance if you do nothing. The idea that nothing could be done or that the person was too close or that the attack was too fast is indicative of a surrender mindset. It is also a mindset which generally seen as unproductive among people who have faced these sort of things. Even if the idea that nothing can be done is actually correct, I will always challenge that assessment if my life hangs in the balance. There may be a point where I give up, quit or accept defeat but I will not carry a white flag in preparation of such an outcome.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    I hear you Brother and I agree but some people simply are not going to accept what they don't want to hear.

In spite of how close the attacker was and in spite of how fast this attack unfolded, there are many things that may have made a difference here. I am not saying that he would have won the day or escaped without taking a lick but you don't have much of a chance if you do nothing. The idea that nothing could be done or that the person was too close or that the attack was too fast is indicative of a surrender mindset. It is also a mindset which generally seen as unproductive among people who have faced these sort of things. Even if the idea that nothing can be done is actually correct, I will always challenge that assessment if my life hangs in the balance. There may be a point where I give up, quit or accept defeat but I will not carry a white flag in preparation of such an outcome.
    The straw man never loses, since he's not really there.
    xXxHeavy and OD* like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

He must have been jamming down to his favorite tunes on Pandora, otherwise he should have heard someone running up from behind him. The bad guy didn't appear to be a ninja.

Sponsor
    So, we know very few have any h2h training, at least relatively speaking, but now we're going to shovel the crap that he could have done this or that physically to minimize or negate his lack of SA while staring into his phone with his head down?

Wow,

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...s-fallacy.html
    Mike1956 and TSKnight like this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    If you believe the video to be true (Which i don't) h2h training doesn't do you much good after you have been put to bed.
    If true...I bet this guys head will be on swivel from here on out....Well wait a minute....Unfortunately it probably won't.

After watching the video again and again...The victims head is blocked out by a canopy/awning...We can't tell if the strike was with a closed fist or forearm
    to the mouth or neck?

The perp was on one leg and off balance....He was generating far less power than if his feet were planted and he used hips.
    You generate far more power being firmly planted and using your lower body and upper body....That is what generates power in a punch.
    That looked to me like a perp who watched too much pro wrestling where the guy runs across the ring and sticks out his arm and the other guy
    falls straight to his back.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    If you believe the video to be true (Which i don't) h2h training doesn't do you much good after you have been put to bed.
    If true...I bet this guys head will be on swivel from here on out....Well wait a minute....Unfortunately it probably won't.
    Did you miss this in the article?

Police in Marylebone, West London, have released harrowing footage of a vicious attack on a 23-year-old student.

The attack resulted in the victimís teeth having to be removed from his lungs. The victim also suffered a skull fracture and bleeding in the brain. No arrests in the attack have been made so far.

Seems there's plenty of documentation from a police report that it would be highly unlikely it was staged.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Did you miss this in the article?

Police in Marylebone, West London, have released harrowing footage of a vicious attack on a 23-year-old student.

The attack resulted in the victimís teeth having to be removed from his lungs. The victim also suffered a skull fracture and bleeding in the brain. No arrests in the attack have been made so far.

Seems there's plenty of documentation from a police report that it would be highly unlikely it was staged.
    I will wait to see if a arrest is made and if we see the victim from his/hosp bed/home recounting the events.
    I am going on what i see as of now.

I may end up being totally wrong here....But things have a way of not being what we are told to believe really happened.

Jussie Smollett should have taught us that lesson.

The Speed of the Ambush Attack

This happened in west London, to a student from Spain who had been out (drinking?) all night - this happened @ 5am. Apparently in a coma for a week and underwent an operation.... doubt you will hear much more of it.
    Mike1956 and AzQkr like this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Sponsored Links