How to stop mass shootings - Page 3

How to stop mass shootings

This is a discussion on How to stop mass shootings within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 So what will you do when you and yours are taking fire from beyond snubby range? What if, what if, what ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: How to stop mass shootings

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    So what will you do when you and yours are taking fire from beyond snubby range?
    What if, what if, what if... That is a simplistic, meaningless question you can whip out in any discussion on any topic. And what is it to you? I'm not telling what to carry.

As you well know, only a tiny fraction of DGUs occur beyond a very short range. And this situation is not even a DGU, because the "citizen" would not have been defending himself. He was not personally under fire or threat.

The answer? I will do the same thing you will do when you and yours are taking fire from beyond your gun's range, whatever that is.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The same thing you will do when you and yours are taking fire from beyond your gun's range.
    Fair enough. At what range will you refuse to engage?
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

So what will you do when you and yours are taking fire from beyond snubby range?
    Get a Bigger Snubby!
    Pete63, jmf552, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Fair enough. At what range will you refuse to engage?
    No set range. I have a tool with me. I also have the ability evade, take cover, etc. I will use what I have, in response to the situation I find myself in. I will shoot when I have to, but avoid it when I don't.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

If someone shoots at me from any distance, I want to shoot back. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
    Sister, G26Raven, OldChap and 2 others like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    If someone shoots at me from any distance, I want to shoot back. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

..oh I get it brother, it’s like...when someone shoots at you it gives you the license to kill but you don’t want too but if they shoot at you then you HAVE to shoot back right!!! Un hu That’s how the bat swings
    LimaCharlie and jmf552 like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.” - Winston Churchill

I thought it more gun free zones were created and the magazine capacity was reduced, the problem will go away. :P

How to stop mass shootings

Not when ya got a ‘wannabe’ tactiboi who fancies himself a ‘special operator’. He was a grand illusion in his own mind! Now tell me again how family and friends missed him being out-of-touch with day to day reality. One sick puppy; adios AH!

Photog, fearing for his life, shot him with a Nikon.

Go Colin!
    G26Raven likes this.
    Still Clingin'

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    What if, what if, what if... That is a simplistic, meaningless question you can whip out in any discussion on any topic. And what is it to you? I'm not telling what to carry.

As you well know, only a tiny fraction of DGUs occur beyond a very short range. And this situation is not even a DGU, because the "citizen" would not have been defending himself. He was not personally under fire or threat.

The answer? I will do the same thing you will do when you and yours are taking fire from beyond your gun's range, whatever that is.
    You did a rather large edit after my earlier response. I asked the questions I asked because I am genuinely interested such a mindset. No more to it than that.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Define snubby range. I can break clay pigeons @ 50 yards and can hit a man sized target @ 100 yards with my snubby.
    G26Raven and Mike1956 like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Someone was either very good or very lucky, maybe both.
    They are all retired cops or current Federal Agents. Federal building = FBI, ATF, USMS......
    Frodebro, Mike1956 and spclopr8tr like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

Arkansas is voting to arm teachers. Hope it passes. What we need is "common sense" laws
    flh and Mike1956 like this.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

I know that I have seen all kinds of memes and posts about how stupid this guy was to pick an armed building for a mass shooting and the quality or lack of pertaining to his "kit". I think it could have been a suicide by cop. At least he didn't hurt anyone and grateful for those that put him out of his misery.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links