How to stop mass shootings

This is a discussion on How to stop mass shootings within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Colion Noir is always on point....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: How to stop mass shootings

Colion Noir is always on point.

If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

There are very few problems like mass shootings that cannot be swiftly brought to an end by the successful application of massed firepower.

Except for those trapped working in gun free zones. You guys are on your own - Your Government.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    There are very few problems like mass shootings that cannot be swiftly brought to an end by the successful application of massed firepower.

Except for those trapped working in gun free zones. You guys are on your own - Your Government.
    Since that's where nearly all mass shootings occur, that particular solution remains unavailable to most.
    lordofwyr, G26Raven and OldChap like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I guess Clyde wasn't a very good soldier. He didn't understand that to be a successful Mass Shooter his target should have been a gun free zone. Not one full of armed people. Well he learned the lesson the hard way.

In Dallas even the camera man was armed, but too busy getting pictures for his story to bother with adding to the return fire he knew was coming. Now that's confidence!
    G26Raven and OldChap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    In Dallas even the camera man was armed, but too busy getting pictures for his story to bother with adding to the return fire he knew was coming. Now that's confidence!
    I would not have weighed in in that situation, for two reasons: First, I would be way out gunned. The guy had an AR and a vest. So I am going to attack him with my pistol at that range? I might get lucky, but I also might get dead. Also, while he was a potential threat to innocent people, he was not bearing down on anyone at that moment. Second, if there is SWAT on the way, the last thing you want to be is non-LE firing a gun. As has been discussed on many threads here before, that is likely to get you shot. SWAT responding to an active shooter are not into the nuance of "sorting things out." They are going to take down any threat they see.
    spclopr8tr and Taxman like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post

Unfortunately for the dead guy he did not do a very good job of target selection. A federal building is a hard target protected by lots of armed guys.
    G26Raven, OldChap and PhaedrusIV like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I would not have weighed in in that situation, for two reasons: First, I would be way out gunned. The guy had an AR and a vest. So I am going to attack him with my pistol at that range? I might get lucky, but I also might get dead. Also, while he was a potential threat to innocent people, he was not bearing down on anyone at that moment. Second, if there is SWAT on the way, the last thing you want to be is non-LE firing a gun. As has been discussed on many threads here before, that is likely to get you shot. SWAT responding to an active shooter are not into the nuance of "sorting things out." They are going to take down any threat they see.
    The guys that responded were carrying Glocks.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Go with what you got. People sometimes chide me because I regularly practice fifty-yard head shots with my carry pistols.
    AzQkr, matthew03, Taxman and 4 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Colion Noir is always on point.

I like Colin's stuff well enough, but he is getting a six-figure salary to preach to the choir.
    Bad Bob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I like Colin's stuff well enough, but he is getting a six-figure salary to preach to the choir.
    I can't fault him for that.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Someone was either very good or very lucky, maybe both.
    G26Raven, lordofwyr and OldChap like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR
    GOA
    TFA-LAC
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Someone was either very good or very lucky, maybe both.
    Better to return fire with a .22 short than hide with an empty hand and a prayer. I mean, I am not selling God short, and God can do whatever miracle God chooses. That is the definition of being God. However, it only takes one well placed (or even poorly placed) round into the shooter to, in general, stop the carnage, and I would hope God helped steady my hand and guide my rounds.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

VIP Member
    If our legislators were interested in stopping mass shootings, they would. That would not work with all the rhetoric they use to get elected.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

That lady who was twenty feet away from the shooter should go buy a Powerball ticket!

To Colin’s point, shooting back does seem to break whatever kind of fantasy these guys have set up in their mind. A slap in the face with “reality” (bullets flying back in their direction), does seem like it breaks off their single-minded attack (with the net result of saving lives).

Glad the bad guy “bought the farm” - a taxpayer savings out come. And yet another example of a nut case and either nobody said anything or law enforcement couldn’t (or wouldn’t) take action.
    G26Raven, lordofwyr and OldChap like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The shooter was about 140 feet away from the guys he was shooting at when he was standing on the street corner shooting at them. That's less than fifty yards.
    matthew03 and OldChap like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links