Close to Home

Close to Home

This is a discussion on Close to Home within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Home Invasion Rural Maine I'd guess drugs were involved...... More Details 6 Minutes from us, two miles from us...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Close to Home

Senior Moderator

Close to Home

Home Invasion Rural Maine

I'd guess drugs were involved......

More Details

6 Minutes from us, two miles from us
    airslot, AzQkr, gasmitty and 4 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

A pure waste of oxygen , Need dirt nap ; /
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member
    A good example of why this 77 year old has his 9mm within close reach 24/7.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

flh
    The best deterrent to home invasion ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Close to Home-img_1733.jpg  

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

VIP Member
    It's a shame about their injuries. At least they caught the perp. Dirtbags seem to want to injure older folks, when they're doing their dirt nowadays. Hope he rots in jail, AND/OR get's a boyfriend!
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

That's a bit too close.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Administrator
    That is mighty close to home. Seems very much like an isolated incident for your area though.
    Isolated incidents can and do happen anywhere though.
    Having an equaliser handy for use against scumbags is an ever increasing necessity.

We don't need to remind Rock & Glock of that fact though.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    Interestingly enough, we'd just had our granddaughter here for a couple of days (that's a whole different story) so almost all of our guns were locked away.

They are back out now.

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    This little house has a Grandad in it, me! To break in would make a heck of a racket, followed by gunshots, mine. The first sight of an intruder would be just a head, coming up the stairs. I think that would be a good target, at 5 yards?

Not sure a mere 9mm shot would wake my Wife up, but I wake instantly, any noise, have done all my adult life. The night sights identify my G43X, 3 feet away. The 2 green dots is the fat end!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    This little house has a Grandad in it, me! To break in would make a heck of a racket, followed by gunshots, mine. The first sight of an intruder would be just a head, coming up the stairs. I think that would be a good target, at 5 yards?

Not sure a mere 9mm shot would wake my Wife up, but I wake instantly, any noise, have done all my adult life. The night sights identify my G43X, 3 feet away. The 2 green dots is the fat end!

Keep that vigilance going. 👍
    One more step and it's on!

Senior Moderator

Exclamation Fllow Up

Should be Dirt Napping

This is just a pathetic creature. Obviously enabled by his grand parents too.

Pocket carry at home would prevent this from happening to you. I always have a P3AT in my shorts pocket at home. Isolated incident or not, someone has to be the victim and you might as well make sure it's not you.

Additionally, my home defense handgun is always stored in my handgun safe attached to my bed frame. It's always available, but secure when friends, kids, grand kids or anyone else stops by.
    G-man* likes this.
    Glenn

FAS1 SAFE

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Some "older folks" here (referring only of course to the length of membership ) may remember about 6 years back, we had some guys standing on our front porch scoping us out one summer weekday, until they were scared off.

They were caught, Tased and arrested the next week for a string of burglaries.

Since then, I have added a magnetic driveway alarm to our 1,300'+ driveway and I open carry around the house all the time.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Some "older folks" here (referring only of course to the length of membership ) may remember about 6 years back, we had some guys standing on our front porch scoping us out one summer weekday, until they were scared off.

They were caught, Tased and arrested the next week for a string of burglaries.

Since then, I have added a magnetic driveway alarm to our 1,300'+ driveway and I open carry around the house all the time.
    Name:  th6KMOMVUL.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  32.5 KB
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    Talking about Tazers, when they were first introduced, injuries to Cops, and Criminals fell some 80%!
    Even if they had not been Tazed previously, they had heard about it, and exaggerated versions for sure!

My first experience, on a SWAT course. Three of us kneeling, arms linked, a 2-second blip! Pow, flat on our faces, no one wanted a second try!

One big lesson I received, in this week-long program! The average Police Officer could not hit small targets, even 5M away from them!

The leader of our stick of 5, would not take the shot (Empty pistol, no magazines or rounds, all searched carefully) in a case of 5 M away from a simulated hostage taker, only half a head visible, but no real movement.

As I was the only firearms Instructor on the course, (we did have Swat Instructors) I suggested 2" black discs, at the same 5M. To be added. We did that next day on the range.

This was a ten man course! I and one other, had no problem, hitting these close range 2" discs, terrible close range accuracy. Missing by as much as 3"s.

Back to the basics, sights, trigger control, an hour! Great improvements in accuracy, and confidence.
    Same thing I have seen for twenty years, looking over the sights!
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links