No plans to visit Baltimore in the near future

This is a discussion on No plans to visit Baltimore in the near future within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There are places I avoid, especially if I cannot carry there. I haven't been to Baltimore in probably 20 years (but I do miss their ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: No plans to visit Baltimore in the near future

There are places I avoid, especially if I cannot carry there. I haven't been to Baltimore in probably 20 years (but I do miss their softshell crabs!).

Baltimore Homicides on Track to Top 300 for 5th Consecutive Year

Baltimore homicides exceeded 300 each year from 2015 through 2018, and 2019 is on track to cross the 300 threshold for the fifth year in a row.

A 2016 report from the Baltimore Sun showed 344 homicides for the year 2015. A homicides counter maintained by the Sun shows 318 for 2016, 342 for 2017, and 309 for 2018.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...secutive-year/
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

I'm originally from Chicago (yea I admit it) and I have ABSOLUTELY no desire to return
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms

Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Pop quiz class.
    What do these cities have in common?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MPGunther View Post
    I'm originally from Chicago (yea I admit it) and I have ABSOLUTELY no desire to return
    That's OK I am from California and I escaped when I thought it was going nuts in 1979. There is a lot of the former USA I have no desire to even visit.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Pop quiz class.
    What do these cities have in common?
    Demoncrats!
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

Chicago I've been to, no plans on going back. BAL has never been on my list. In fact, most anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line is non grata for me. Hopefully a trip to KY to do a distillery tour.
    msgt/ret, Gabill, Pete63 and 8 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Since I got out of the trucking industry, there are several cities I steer clear of--Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, and Memphis. New Jersey and New York City are places I refused to go when I was trucking.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Has less to do with who controls the local politics than it does the populace.

The most recent I could find....doubt it has changed much.
    The average homicide victim in Baltimore in 2017 had 11 previous arrests on his record. About 73 percent had drug arrests, and nearly 50 percent had been arrested for a violent crime. About 30 percent were on parole or probation at the time they were killed, and more than 6 percent were on parole or probation for a gun crime.
    OldVet, MMinSC, Gabill and 3 others like this.
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

Isn't Baltimore the city where that congrossman Cummings hails from?

Nuff said!
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

Nice!

I will be in the Baltimore area Tuesday and Wednesday.

Wish me luck!

airslot likes this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Born and Raised in Philly,left there in `71 due to the "Change" and didn`t want to raise my Daughters there in the Loser School environment. Went back there 7 years ago and it looked like a War Zone,Gang Shrines everywhere!. Was back about 3 years ago and actually saw some improvement,no Gang Shrines and some trashed homes rehabbed,I was Shocked. Maybe some Hope??. Germantown was my neighborhood.
    MMinSC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    Has less to do with who controls the local politics than it does the populace.

The most recent I could find....doubt it has changed much.
    The average homicide victim in Baltimore in 2017 had 11 previous arrests on his record. About 73 percent had drug arrests, and nearly 50 percent had been arrested for a violent crime. About 30 percent were on parole or probation at the time they were killed, and more than 6 percent were on parole or probation for a gun crime.
    So the high homicide rate is actually cleaning the place up.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

My sister and family live in Baltimore. She is coming down for a visit this week. It will be interesting to hear what she says. She is conservative and pro 2A. Her idiot husband is....well, an idiot. Thought Obama walked on water, does not allow guns in their home even though their neighborhood is deteriorating, can't repeat what he says about Trump. She is from NC and wants to move back. I plan to work on her this week.
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    So the high homicide rate is actually cleaning the place up.
    Yea, I had the same thought as I made the post. Maybe we should just leave them to their vices.
    MMinSC likes this.

My youngest brother has lived in Baltimore for a long time. He owned a bar on the south side. One day he had to tell all his patrons to "hit the deck" because two drug dealers were shooting it out across the street. One of them didn't make it. He told me the local McDonalds was a center for drug dealers. They would sit at tables all day long and people would come in and buy. The cops never made a bust there.

His bar finally went under and he's gone back to being a longshoreman. I think he's safer on the waterfront!
    MMinSC, msgt/ret, OldChap and 1 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links