Gun in carry-on baggage!! - Page 2

Gun in carry-on baggage!!

This is a discussion on Gun in carry-on baggage!! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hmmm Sounds like the TSA agent who was involved in the OP described incident was poorly trained. Which is no surprise. A while back we ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Gun in carry-on baggage!!

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    Hmmm
    Sounds like the TSA agent who was involved in the OP described incident was poorly trained. Which is no surprise.

A while back we were going through airport security and the TSA agent that I encountered was a former co worker. His previous job was as an intern at a radio station where his responsibilities were mainly loading the station van with "spin the prize wheel" prizes for listeners at promotional events and giving away koozies with the station logo on them.

Thinking back though, he may have been overqualified for the TSA job.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    One can anonymously contact the TSA to report said incident, preferably from a pay phone, if one can locate one, or by mail with no return address or name. That moron will get someone arrested for no legitimate reason.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Don't trust TSA or baggage clerks from the airline for legal advise on flying with guns.

I have a buddy who just flew with guns for the first time. I gave him all the standard advice, link to the TSA guidelines and also advised him to print out a copy of those TSA regulations. Good thing he did because on his flight out the airline worker insisted that his bag could be locked but the travel case containing the guns had to remain unlocked which is exactly the opposite of what the TSA calls for. Only the gun owner is supposed to have the keys/combination to the gun case. It all worked out but he did have to show the printed regulations to clear things up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    I started a thread here last week where I told of my daughter and SIL taking their carry guns on vacation to Utah. They flew from Atlanta on Sat and my daughter called as they were about to board the aircraft. In talking with her, we inquired as to how the checking in of the firearms went. Well, she stunned us by saying that it went fine...the guns, in the locked box, were handed back to them with directions to just place them in their carry-on baggage and take them on the plane with them. I did not know that this was allowed...I have never read any account of someone having this experience...every report of traveling with firearms that I have read told of the airline having control of the secured firearm during the flight. Oh, well... just one more thing that I didn't know.
    What ended up happening on the return flight?
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Yeah that’s a big no-no course could be worse least she didn’t forget she had it and board the plane or go through without declaring it. As for legal consequences she did as was ordered by TSA however she has no way of proving this was the directive by them. I would want to leave it alone and not speak about. Also she shouldn’t mention it especially if ever there again in a “well last time” manner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links