Neighbor had a trailer stolen last night

This is a discussion on Neighbor had a trailer stolen last night within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Apparently our neighbor a few houses down borrowed and excavator for a yard project and the trailer was stolen around 3:50 am according to a ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Neighbor had a trailer stolen last night

Apparently our neighbor a few houses down borrowed and excavator for a yard project and the trailer was stolen around 3:50 am according to a camera at a home across the street captured. I asked him if he had a lock on the trailer, no. A mistake. That said I'm finally doing what I should have done few years back and putting in a quality 4 camera 7/24 day and night system. Crooks don't target poor neighborhoods so our area seems to be a target. Our street has no street lights and low traffic ideal for people up to no good. Also an apartment complex is going up nearby and I heard some low income in the complex. So I'm planning on doing some home hardening of doors, garage doors as well as updating my inside defensive posture in regards defensive firearms positioning. Sad to say Spokane has its dark side and property crime is problematic here. I willing to do what I need to do prevent me from making a life changing decision because some nut entered my home with me in it. My wife goes home for lunch everyday and I told her she has a CPL so make sure you carry everyday. A desperate crook is dangerous.
    Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more. George S. Patton

My former neighbor cop had his boat stolen mid day. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Crime wasn't bad in my area of Spokane when I lived there, corner of Wellesley and Post. Just about anywhere along Sprague was fair game for crime. That was back in '93 when I left.
    Spokane1969 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Lots of "things" are stolen in this nice community where I live also.
    Spokane1969 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

airslot and Spokane1969 like this.

I own a unit in a secure high rise in a community with a manned gatehouse. Many people here don’t lock their doors. Crime here is non-existent.
    The apartment building next door is also served by our gatehouse.
    The guards have recently been told to accept all package deliveries for that secure apartment building because of package thefts within that building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spokane1969 likes this.

flh
    It's amazing what some people will do , I have a friend that's a officer in Florida his patrol car has been broken into twice while parked in his driveway in the past year ...
    Spokane1969 likes this.

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    This kind of crap has gone on around here all of my life...just everyday thievery.
    Spokane1969 likes this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Quote Originally Posted by Spokane1969 View Post
    Apparently our neighbor a few houses down borrowed and excavator for a yard project and the trailer was stolen around 3:50 am according to a camera at a home across the street captured. I asked him if he had a lock on the trailer, no. A mistake. That said I'm finally doing what I should have done few years back and putting in a quality 4 camera 7/24 day and night system. Crooks don't target poor neighborhoods so our area seems to be a target. Our street has no street lights and low traffic ideal for people up to no good. Also an apartment complex is going up nearby and I heard some low income in the complex. So I'm planning on doing some home hardening of doors, garage doors as well as updating my inside defensive posture in regards defensive firearms positioning. Sad to say Spokane has its dark side and property crime is problematic here. I willing to do what I need to do prevent me from making a life changing decision because some nut entered my home with me in it. My wife goes home for lunch everyday and I told her she has a CPL so make sure you carry everyday. A desperate crook is dangerous.
    Trailer found and recovered no details
    Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more. George S. Patton

They found my neighbor's boat also. Wheel bearings gave it up on a county road. They stripped the boat right on the side of a busy road. Gutsy.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spokane1969 View Post
    You should consider a larger than 4 camera system. That way you can cover the exterior properly from multiple angles plus any entrance doors inside and out as well as one pointed directly at the driveway. The cost difference between a 4 camera system and a 10 camera system isn't that much. If you only need to use 7 or 8 of the 10 cameras you'll have spares if one ever goes bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    You should consider a larger than 4 camera system. That way you can cover the exterior properly from multiple angles plus any entrance doors inside and out as well as one pointed directly at the driveway. The cost difference between a 4 camera system and a 10 camera system isn't that much. If you only need to use 7 or 8 of the 10 cameras you'll have spares if one ever goes bad.
    Recommendations on systems?

I went with a LaView system a few years ago because it could host a dozen cams, was able to use high def cams vs. low quality images, and didn't require a monthly service membership. However, the software is very user unfriendly and leaves a lot to be desired.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I'm interested in hearing some good recommendations too. I've looked at several systems and I can't find one that doesn't have numerous bad reviews. I'd like to get a wireless system because running wires all around the property would not be easy.

My sister had her popup camper stolen from a storage unit inside their trailer park in broad daylight. It has been gone for about 2 months now and the police say there is little chance of it being found.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    8 cameras and a perimeter security fence with electric gate here. plus 2 large dogs. we used to have 3 dogs but lost one to old age last week.

flh
    On duty 24-7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Neighbor had a trailer stolen last night-img_1829.jpg  

KILTED COWBOY and duane_wade like this.

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links