And we wonder why there are school shootings???

This is a discussion on And we wonder why there are school shootings??? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Admittedly, this article is about California schools, but this could just as easily be New York City, or some other liberal bastions I can think ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: And we wonder why there are school shootings???

Admittedly, this article is about California schools, but this could just as easily be New York City, or some other liberal bastions I can think of. If there is no discipline, what do people think will happen????

California bill to ban schools from expelling disruptive students close to becoming law

A proposal meant to protect kids from unnecessary discipline by banning expulsions for disobedience in California schools passed out of the Assembly this week, moving closer to becoming a law.

The Assembly voted 58-17 for Senate Bill 419, which now moves back to the Senate for a vote on amendments before it goes to Gov. Gavin Newsom.

Under the amended SB 419, schools would be prohibited from suspending any student from kindergarten to eighth grade “who disrupts school activities or otherwise willfully defies the valid authority of supervisors, teachers, administrators, or school officials,” beginning July 1, 2020.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/ed...w9sKhXQQD8f2Uw
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Yes. have to train those school shooters early.
    If you can show them that there are no consequences for their actions in kindergarten through 8th grade.
    You have them hooked.

Need to go back to the old way of doing things.
    When I was in school, you acted up, you got dragged down to the principles office, where he would paddle you, and then call you parents, who would paddle you some more when you got home.
    Consequences for actions were real, painful, and immediate. You got the message real quick about what kind of behavior was acceptable, and what wasn't

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    The typical Kommifornia pattern shows clearly here - punish the innocent for the benefit of the guilty. Disgusting what they have done to a once great state.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    So even less power to deal with bullies early. Isn't that sweet.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

I am sooo glad my kids are all past school age.
    Wife and I worked hard and sacrificed to buy a home in an excellent school district to give our kids a leg up.
    Stayed out of the train wreck that is the Dallas Independent School District.
    But even a good public school district still had the inherent problems of a government run school.
    That is why the parents being involved in your kids education is paramount.
    Between the wife and I. The church youth groups and the Boy Scouts our sons had excellent guidance and are now in their mid 20's and doing great.
    People count on the schools to raise their kids, bad idea.

No discipline for anyone that disrupts school activities or otherwise willfully defies the valid authority of supervisors, teachers, administrators, or school officials. Over 70% in the commiefornia assembly support this.

Thats the commiefornia that I know and love. Glad I left that state many years ago.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Admittedly, this article is about California schools, but this could just as easily be New York City, or some other liberal bastions I can think of. If there is no discipline, what do people think will happen????

California bill to ban schools from expelling disruptive students close to becoming law

A proposal meant to protect kids from unnecessary discipline by banning expulsions for disobedience in California schools passed out of the Assembly this week, moving closer to becoming a law.

The Assembly voted 58-17 for Senate Bill 419, which now moves back to the Senate for a vote on amendments before it goes to Gov. Gavin Newsom.

Under the amended SB 419, schools would be prohibited from suspending any student from kindergarten to eighth grade “who disrupts school activities or otherwise willfully defies the valid authority of supervisors, teachers, administrators, or school officials,” beginning July 1, 2020.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/ed...w9sKhXQQD8f2Uw
    "Here, Congressperson, you teach 'em."
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

VIP Member
    This was a Federal Program put in by the prior DoEd . The result of making Social Justice trump reality. vis a vis the "Dear Colleague" letter , a Stalinist command wrapped in pretty wording . This ended on a Federal level last year .It appears California is Hell Bent on its Great Leap Forward .
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

If you have your kids in a public school at this point you're an idiot

Senior Moderator
    Interesting references to "commiefornia." Can anyone imagine how real communists under Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot would have treated disruptive kids? They sure wouldn't be handing out participation trophies.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Give this program 5 - 10 years to fully grow & mature, then sit back & watch the poop-show ...

... what could possibly go wrong?
    Gun Free Zones are totally effective, and 100% safe ... (wait for it) ... (wait for it) ... until a bad guy with a gun shows up! Then suddenly, you have an uncontested Kill Zone of defensless sheep, patiently awaiting their turn for the slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I do not, yet I pay for everyone else's anyway.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

I was one of two Jewish kids in a Catholic high school back in the 60s. My choice to go there after attending each of the public high schools I had a choice of attending in Los Angeles, which I thought were insane (and I had a neighborhood buddy who suggested it to me). Discipline was pretty strict. And, if you got caught fighting, you had to box with the principal, Father Cavali, who was an ex Golden Gloves. Nobody got caught in a fight during the four years I was there.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Doesn't matter. You can't use physical punishment without risking the wrath of "the state". Besides, you don't get a reduction on your property tax for home schooling or private schools. Maybe there's a tax credit when you file your tax return but I doubt it would offset your costs by much. Few of us have the bucks for private schools or even for home schooling.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links