Places you might want to avoid

This is a discussion on Places you might want to avoid within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just ran across this article and map this morning. I have no idea how accurate the information is here, but The Center for Immigration Studies ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Places you might want to avoid

Just ran across this article and map this morning. I have no idea how accurate the information is here, but The Center for Immigration Studies generally has a good reputation, so I suspect the map is reasonably correct.

Map: Sanctuary Cities, Counties, and States

Updated April 16, 2019
    The sanctuary jurisdictions are listed below. These cities, counties, and states have laws, ordinances, regulations, resolutions, policies, or other practices that obstruct immigration enforcement and shield criminals from ICE either by refusing to or prohibiting agencies from complying with ICE detainers, imposing unreasonable conditions on detainer acceptance, denying ICE access to interview incarcerated aliens, or otherwise impeding communication or information exchanges between their personnel and federal immigration officers.

Places you might want to avoid-map.jpeg

See the interactive map at the link below:
    https://cis.org/Map-Sanctuary-Cities...rJZNPLxFnuVOjg
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

If you look at the cluster in the Pacific Northwest, that is where we live. Oregon has been a sanctuary state by law since 1987.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

LimaCharlie, we loved Oregon when we were looking at places to retire, but decided against it when we did more research and could see the political direction the state was headed. Too many liberal Californians moving there.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    Ironically, when I lived in (Central Valley) CA, I spent most of my week driving to Nebraska and back.
    Now I live in AZ and spent most of my week driving to Los Angeles and back.
    That changes this week. My new route is to Phoenix, El Paso, Kansas and back home to NW AZ.
    No more SoCal. Even though I'll be going through some spots on that map, no more SoCal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oregon has been Californicated. I would love to move to another state and live out in the country, but at seventy-three and with my wife's large family in this area, it is not likely. My wife's ancestors came out in covered wagons on the Oregon Trail in 1847 and homesteaded in the Willamette Valley.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Another thing you should look up is places where there are attempts to enforce Sharia Law. It is hard to separate fact from fiction with this. Some right wingers have claimed this is prevalent, others say the claims are exaggerated. But there are clearly some places in the US where non-Muslims are not welcome and violations of Sharia Law may attract "street justice" that local LE will not investigate. Dearborn, MI is documented as being one of those places. In the Catskills, there is an all Muslim town called "Islamberg." In SC, there is a similar area called, "Holy Islamville."

In Brooklyn, there is a uniformed, Islamic neighborhood watch organization. The guy below is part of it. He is standing in front of the NYPD 72nd Precinct. Notice his car. It looks like an NYPD car, but look closer. Sure, they can claim they are only trying to protect against/escape harassment against Muslims and maybe they are. But think of the what the reaction would be if you started an expressly Christian or Jewish town or uniformed watch group!

Places you might want to avoid-islamic-patrol.jpg
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I'm truly excited by the prospect of such an idjit pulling up in front of my house. The "welcome" would be similar:

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Texas still looks clean.
    Dallas and San Antonio and Austin announced that they wanted to turn sanctuary
    Governor Abbott nipped that in the bud told them there would be hell to pay.
    Wonder how long that will stick.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Texas still looks clean.
    Dallas and San Antonio and Austin announced that they wanted to turn sanctuary
    Governor Abbott nipped that in the bud told them there would be hell to pay.
    Wonder how long that will stick.
    I hear a lot of Kalifornians are moving to Texas for financial reasons. That's gonna catch up with you politically sooner or later.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I'm truly excited by the prospect of such an idjit pulling up in front of my house. The "welcome" would be similar:

Second Hand Lions, I love that movie.
    My dream is to sit on my front porch and do that

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I hear a lot of Kalifornians are moving to Texas for financial reasons. That's gonna catch up with you politically sooner or later.
    We're not really very gentle with liberals hereabouts. To wit:

Name:  Gold_Hat_portrayed_by_Alfonso_Bedoya.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  22.1 KB

The welcome committee. "LIBERALS...WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKIN' LIBERALS."
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    It's interesting how people slam Sheriffs unwilling to enforce unconstitutional gun laws while saying it's OK for cities to ignore immigration law. So much hypocrisy in our world!
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    It's interesting how people slam Sheriffs unwilling to enforce unconstitutional gun laws while saying it's OK for cities to ignore immigration law. So much hypocrisy in our world!
    Multiple SCOTUS decisions have established that with only very limited exceptions, the federal government cannot force states or localities to enforce federal laws.

It's a different situation with states defying federal drug laws by making marijuana legal. FWIW, I'm all for decriminalizing marijuana, putting it on the same category as alcohol and nicotine, but that requires federal legislation. So those states are blatantly violating the Constitution by going farther than just not enforcing federal law, they are superseding it. I'm disappointed the federal government is not clamping down on that.

VIP Member
    Nashville may be heading towards sanctuary status contrary to state law prohibiting it. It seems so many cities are in direct violation of federal law in aiding and abetting. I would love to see mayors and city councils arrested by federal agents when they refuse to honor retainers and warrants.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    It's gotten to us with the northern coast retirees moving here.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links