Man stabs 5 people at work place - no one had a gun - Page 2

Man stabs 5 people at work place - no one had a gun

This is a discussion on Man stabs 5 people at work place - no one had a gun within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Chairs launched or swung full force do lots of damage to that with which they make contact. Chair VS Hammer from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Man stabs 5 people at work place - no one had a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Chairs launched or swung full force do lots of damage to that with which they make contact.
    Chair VS Hammer from yesterdays Active Self Protection
    OldVet likes this.

I remember some years ago we got a 911 call where a shoplifter in a grocery store was confronted by an employee for shoplifting some meat. The shoplifter pulled a box cutter on the "unarmed" meat department employee. The meat department employee summoned his fellow employees for backup and they beat the living **** out of the shoplifter with metal meat trays after using a rolling meat rack to ram the him into a freezer case. The reprobate was transported to the hospital with a few cracked ribs, broken wrist, lacerations to the face and a few missing teeth. He was later arrested, prosecuted, and ordered to pay restitution. This was a case where the "victims" successfully turned the tables using some force multipliers.

Interesting side note *As the watch commander at that time I did a press release on the incident and released it to the press however it never made the news.
    Last edited by 5lima30ret; September 13th, 2019 at 05:52 PM.
    Hoganbeg, Mike1956 and Instymp like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Work Place

I used to work at a location than had heavily armed guards at the entry gates, along with large signs that said "Weapons Prohibited". Show your ID and drive in.

I remember a conversation with a young lady who said, "I'm glad we're in a location where you can't bring in weapons."

I corrected her and said, "No, we're not supposed to bring in weapons."

"Same thing," she insisted.
    5lima30ret likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    Very simple.............

The anti gun crowd will say that it's a blessing that the perp recognized and obeyed the "no gun zone" rule, and since he only had a knife, he wasn't able to do as much damage as if he had brought a gun.
    So did Tim McVeigh. He obeyed the gun free zone. Look how many people he killed without a gun.
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Quote Originally Posted by DavesYourUncle View Post
    If nobody died from this attack, the narrative will be, "The victims survived because the attacker did not have a gun. See? Gun control works!"
    Let's look at how well gun control works in London England .....
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Wow, not sure how I missed that. Thanks.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Unfortunately most people think bad things will happen to the other guy. The average person I know could not define himself in a fist fight let alone a knife attack. But the lack of H2H skills is not limited to the unaware. Among our ranks, as far as I can discern, there is a lack of such skill too. The idea that the gun is all you need is troubling complacency. At 77 I still maintain some fundamental defensive and offensive H2H skills.

The main reason I do stems the possibility of a knife attack. It is going to happen when the perp is right next to you. You will not have time to draw and attempting to do so will end up with you getting stabbed because you did not parry the attack before the draw. Protesting against a knife attack is not so difficult to learn, but if you do not learn how you are likely to get stabbed. Then the only question is whether that wound prevents further response on your part.

I always chuckle when I hear the expression never bring a knife to a gunfight. Guess what, at close quarters that knife might kill you before you get the gun out of pocket or holster. Parrying any close quarter attack is critical, and if the attacker has a knife it can be life or death critical.

Some simple guidelines:
    1. Never try to grab the knife of the arm or hand that the knife is in.
    2. Use your forearm against the forearm to deflect the attackers swing or thrust.
    3. Close the distance between you fast lessen the attackers momentum in a strike.
    4. Order of defense is parry, position, attack by hand/foot, disable, disarm.

The things to babe learned are in #4.
    I figure you meant (protecting) against a knife attack not protesting. I need to prepare more for the chance that I could be attacked at close quarters. I try to keep a few things in mind in case of a dangerous situation. One is position and that includes generating enough room to access a weapon if it is needed and another is line of fire so that another innocent person is not in that line. So many people say that they would shoot in certain situations but few say that they would try to be in the best position first. A lot of good information in your post.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    I figure you meant (protecting) against a knife attack not protesting. I need to prepare more for the chance that I could be attacked at close quarters. I try to keep a few things in mind in case of a dangerous situation. One is position and that includes generating enough room to access a weapon if it is needed and another is line of fire so that another innocent person is not in that line. So many people say that they would shoot in certain situations but few say that they would try to be in the best position first. A lot of good information in your post.
    Yes, I did mean protecting. Missed that auto spell error. I have changed it. Thanks. And you are correct that position in very CQB and H2H is important. You have to sense it because there is not time to think about it is you have the need.

If you want to get an idea of what I mean on You tube look up MCMAP or Marine Corps Martial Arts program and you will see many examples of closing the distance and then striking.
    Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.,,,,,,,,,,,,, Theodore Roosevelt

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June 66 to February 68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links