Man stabs 5 people at work place - no one had a gun

This is a discussion on Man stabs 5 people at work place - no one had a gun within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well hell.....not sure but this is probably another Safe Zone workplace. I wait patiently for the anti-gun crowd to chime in. His fellow employees armed ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Man stabs 5 people at work place - no one had a gun

Well hell.....not sure but this is probably another Safe Zone workplace. I wait patiently for the anti-gun crowd to chime in.

His fellow employees armed themselves with what they could...

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Sta...560030241.html

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- New details have been released regarding the stabbing attack at Dyke Industries on Wednesday afternoon, perpetrated by 41-year-old Antwann Demetris Brown.

The Tallahassee Police Department says on Wednesday at 8:33 a.m., the Consolidated Dispatch Agency received a 911 call in reference to multiple people being stabbed in the 2000 block of Maryland Circle.

Officials say the suspect was described as a black male with a beard, wearing a Florida Gators shirt, and explained the caller was hiding and "Antwann," was "stabbing everyone."

TPD says arriving officers discovered five victims who were stabbed at the business, all of which were transported to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital for treatment.

Authorities say as Brown was attempted to be apprehended, he kicked at one of the officers but was taken into custody.

According to TPD, during an interview of Brown, officials noticed blood beneath Brown's fingernails and suspected blood stains on Brown's shirt.....
    GpTom likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Very simple.............

The anti gun crowd will say that it's a blessing that the perp recognized and obeyed the "no gun zone" rule, and since he only had a knife, he wasn't able to do as much damage as if he had brought a gun.
    Struckat, Nmuskier, baren and 7 others like this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Not even a blip from MSM. Doesn't fit the agenda.
    10thmtn likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor

Apparently no one had any h2h training either
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post

Or a chair, fire extinguisher, or similar force multiplier generally found in most any work environment.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    Very simple.............

The anti gun crowd will say that it's a blessing that the perp recognized and obeyed the "no gun zone" rule, and since he only had a knife, he wasn't able to do as much damage as if he had brought a gun.
    They’ll say that until a blade pierces their skull or sternum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    M1911A1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Or a chair, fire extinguisher, or similar force multiplier generally found in most any work environment.
    Absolutely
    2 guys with chairs, and one with the fire extinguisher.
    The chair guys back him into a corner lion tamer style, and the extinguisher guy bludgeons him to unconsciousness or death
    CLASS3NH, Mike1956 and M1911A1 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    Absolutely
    2 guys with chairs, and one with the fire extinguisher.
    The chair guys back him into a corner lion tamer style, and the extinguisher guy bludgeons him to unconsciousness or death
    Chairs launched or swung full force do lots of damage to that with which they make contact.
    CLASS3NH, AzQkr and 5lima30ret like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Chairs launched or swung full force do lots of damage to that with which they make contact.
    Hell yes, a lot of different ways to go with just what's laying around the office.
    Understand you may take some damage yourself in the process, but you'll come out way better than just standing there waiting your turn to get stabbed.
    As a much younger man I took on a knife wielding assailant with just an old metal trash can, I got a couple nasty cuts I still have the scars from to this day, but I walked away when it was over and he didn't.

Anything hurled at one's face really upsets the oompa-loompa loop.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    Buildings in which no one is allowed to be armed are nothing more than Sheep Pens, w/ the Sheep waiting to be slaughtered.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

If nobody died from this attack, the narrative will be, "The victims survived because the attacker did not have a gun. See? Gun control works!"
    10thmtn and M1911A1 like this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinRohrer View Post
    Buildings in which no one is allowed to be armed are nothing more than Sheep Pens, w/ the Sheep waiting to be slaughtered.
    I'd disagree with that mentality. I'm always armed, I've got two of them that work quite well. As had been mentioned, unconventional weapons abound everywhere in the work space.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Unfortunately most people think bad things will happen to the other guy. The average person I know could not define himself in a fist fight let alone a knife attack. But the lack of H2H skills is not limited to the unaware. Among our ranks, as far as I can discern, there is a lack of such skill too. The idea that the gun is all you need is troubling complacency. At 77 I still maintain some fundamental defensive and offensive H2H skills.

The main reason I do stems the possibility of a knife attack. It is going to happen when the perp is right next to you. You will not have time to draw and attempting to do so will end up with you getting stabbed because you did not parry the attack before the draw. Protecting against a knife attack is not so difficult to learn, but if you do not learn how you are likely to get stabbed. Then the only question is whether that wound prevents further response on your part.

I always chuckle when I hear the expression never bring a knife to a gunfight. Guess what, at close quarters that knife might kill you before you get the gun out of pocket or holster. Parrying any close quarter attack is critical, and if the attacker has a knife it can be life or death critical.

Some simple guidelines:
    1. Never try to grab the knife of the arm or hand that the knife is in.
    2. Use your forearm against the forearm to deflect the attackers swing or thrust.
    3. Close the distance between you fast lessen the attackers momentum in a strike.
    4. Order of defense is parry, position, attack by hand/foot, disable, disarm.

The things to babe learned are in #4.
    Last edited by 1942bull; September 14th, 2019 at 08:19 AM.
    AzQkr, Mike1956, ddrew and 2 others like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Senior Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Not even a blip from MSM. Doesn't fit the agenda.
    CNN, People, CBS, Fox, NY Times, AOL, USAToday, NBC not part of the MSM? What are you smoking?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/11/us/ta...ngs/index.html
    https://people.com/crime/mass-stabbi...abbed-5-times/
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tallaha...day-2019-9-11/
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...tody/23811477/
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-s...ndustrial-park
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/11/u...stabbings.html
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/2284947001/
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ctims-n1052366

It's all over the freaking MSM. It permeates a lot of the local media all over the country as well.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links