Close to Being on the News This Evening!

This is a discussion on Close to Being on the News This Evening! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Trouble started with a little bike ride with the wife. A guy in a car leaned out the window, wanting a high five. Very friendly. ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree373Likes

Thread: Close to Being on the News This Evening!

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar

Trouble started with a little bike ride with the wife. A guy in a car leaned out the window, wanting a high five. Very friendly. OVERLY friendly. We both got the impression of trouble. Confirmed at the next stop light when he almost made it out the car door! I had the impression he was intending to grab my hand and do something evil the way he insisted on making actual contact. Confirmed again at the next light when I made a last moment right turn. Despite them being in the left lane, the driver cut across traffic and also made the right turn! On a bike I could have easily performed some quick evasive maneuvers, but sadly the trunk mount broke and so I took the trunk off this evening.

But that's only the beginning! On the way back home I looked and was about to comment I'd be back at Panera in an hour to pick up bread, but suddenly remembered its Sunday, and pickup is at 8, not 9. Soooo, we get back to the apartment, let the wife into the building (she didn't have her keys), and I take off with my cut on the passenger seat of the car. I still have my pistol in the cut as I have no other holster on me as it's now past 8.

I'm driving home and slow down for someone making a right turn. But I see lights coming up fast behind me, almost hitting me and I take a deep breath, then let it out as she barely makes it into the left lane, avoiding a collision. I just shake my head and thank God for no collision. I've had enough trouble today.

Oh, but this woman isn't done withe me. She cuts in front of me and slams on her brakes. I get out, wondering what I did. She's screaming at me about her child in the car seat and me stopping in the middle of the street, almost causing her to hit me!!!??? I jump back into the car and hit reverse. Of course I hit someone behind me. Now I'm hunting for my cell phone that I had on the charger and my gun that's in my cut UNDER the box of bread, but also trying to keep my eyes on this lunatic!

Somehow she finally walks back to her car and I get out and get her license plate number and she comes back at me and takes pics of my car. So what lady! YOU pulled a brake check on me for not running into the turning car! I'm again hunting for gun and phone and keeping my eyes on this lunatic who's screaming and yelling and threatening me, calling me, a Caucasian, a stupid [insert derogatory term for black man]! She's black.

Finally, she drives off. The passenger in the other car has 911 on the phone yet and it turns out this maniac is yelling at the 911 dispatcher about me at the Kum N Go a half a block ahead. Nope, not going there until a police officer arrives. So I'm talking with these two college students, terrified of this woman, with cars going past. Nope, not moving until police arrive. No place nearby to go except the Kum n Go, but maniac is still there. And I find my phone finally. It popped out of the cup holder and into my seat! LOL!!!!

Oh, but wild woman isn't done! We're just talking about stuff when she comes back and parks in the center turning lane, still shouting. I get into my vehicle, and so do the two young ladies. I dig under the box of bread, drag out my cut, and put my pistol in my lap, all while trying to keep an eye on this woman. I have 911 on the phone and announce her continued threatening presence. I tell them I'm in fear of life and limb and am armed and prepared to defend myself. She actually takes off and makes a left, where the other car I initially slowed down for made its right turn.

I inform the dispatcher that I'm headed for the Kum N Go that I can see from where I'm stopped and tell the ladies to follow me. Oh, a nice safe, populated location with plenty of witnesses and security cameras! We go inside, pistol now in my back pocket, covered by my shirt. My mouth is so dry, I get a Squirt, and we wait for the police to arrive. Driver is on the phone to her father. They finally discover I'm armed and they are SOOOOOOOOOO relieved! She's been thinking of getting her conceal carry permit and gun too! I bet she gets it now.

That woman was so close to the edge where I would have drawn my pistol on her. If she got out of the car and looked like she had any kind of weapon, I'd be on the news this evening. I was scared of her. The two college girls were scared of her. She was totally out of control. They thought she was going to hit me, several times. I thought she was going to hit me several times.

Normally the gun would be ON my body, either in my new 3Speed holster or in my denim vest. But the first incident and forgetting that today bread pickup was at 8 made me rush and I did not carry properly. Fortunately, the wild woman didn't have a weapon. She was SOOOO close to me having to hold her at gunpoint. She was out of control and dangerous. All three of us were afraid/concerned she was going to get physically violent. Don't really need that right now. Don't need that ever! Tonight was just a nasty night all around, almost a perfect storm, so to speak.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

There's really a venue called "Kum and Go?" I'm suppressing about a half a dozen jokes that would violate forum policy on that! I grew up in MO and I can't recall ever seeing one.

I'm glad everything turned out alright. I guess the positive lesson for all of us is to keep our guns on us at all times. Easier said than done sometimes, I know.
    baren, gasmitty, OldChap and 2 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    Weird post?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Weird post?
    Some days it's better to just stay in bed.

I wonder if the cops followed up.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Ok, I'll ask. What is a "cut" ???

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I want to know what the OP is doing that lands him in all these altercations?

I've always been taught that if you and me have a problem it's probably a you and me problem but if you and me, you and he, you and she and you and they have a problem it's a you problem

Senior Moderator
    Trouble started with a little bike ride with the wife. A guy in a car leaned out the window, wanting a high five. Very friendly. OVERLY friendly. We both got the impression of trouble. Confirmed at the next stop light when he almost made it out the car door! I had the impression he was intending to grab my hand and do something evil the way he insisted on making actual contact. Confirmed again at the next light when I made a last moment right turn. Despite them being in the left lane, the driver cut across traffic and also made the right turn! On a bike I could have easily performed some quick evasive maneuvers, but sadly the trunk mount broke and so I took the trunk off this evening.
    I am confused.

Were you riding or driving? The first paragraph is unclear. You say you were on a bike ride, yet later in the same paragraph you indicate you were not on a bike. You then compound the confusion by talking about a "trunk mount" and having taken it off. Are you referring to a bicycle rack mounted on the trunk, which you took off? What does that do with the event?

After you drop off your wife, you suddenly seem to be in a car, even though you were initially on a bike ride? Did you switch vehicles? I am still confused.

I'd be back at Panera in an hour to pick up bread, but suddenly remembered its Sunday, and pickup is at 8, not 9. Soooo, we get back to the apartment, let the wife into the building (she didn't have her keys), and I take off with my cut on the passenger seat of the car. I still have my pistol in the cut as I have no other holster on me as it's now past 8.
    You never mention making it to Panera Bread either, but you left the apartment after eight, and Panera closed at 8. Time warp? I guess we assume you did..........But then you are driving home, with bread, even though they were closed........

What is a "cut"? You are leaving the reader confused. Can you describe this "cut"?

I know Kum n Go is a local brand prevalent in the lower midwest, but they sell "Squirt"? Really? I haven't had one of those in years, let alone in a quick shop/trip convenience store. Sipping a Squirt in a Kum n Go sounds like a joke, really.

What was the lady driving? Color? Clean, dirty? The college girls?

Just curious............

almost a perfect storm, so to speak
    Sounds perfect to me...........

Is this for your new book? Screenplay?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    Not quite within the realm of defensive or hunting use of a gun, but I'm writing a book that includes an FBI team freeing a pair of kidnap victims. I'm reading about the effects on sight, sound, disorientation, etc., but what about the smell? Is there any smell associated with a flash bang? I'm wanting to draw the whole being into the experience and that includes the sense of smell. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm going to go drink some more coffee.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    Sounds like a bad dream.

Quote Originally Posted by TimBob View Post
    Ok, I'll ask. What is a "cut" ???

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    A cut is what a biker calls the leather vest with club/organization colors.
    TimBob likes this.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I'm old and confused.
    Texas Red, baren, airslot and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I am confused.

Were you riding or driving? The first paragraph is unclear. You say you were on a bike ride, yet later in the same paragraph you indicate you were not on a bike. You then compound the confusion by talking about a "trunk mount" and having taken it off. Are you referring to a bike rack mounted on the trunk, which you took off? What does that do with the event?

After you drop off your wife, you suddenly seem to be in a car, even though you were initially on a bike ride? Did you switch vehicles? I am still confused.

You never mention making it to Panera Bread either, but you left the apartment after eight, and Panera closed at 8. Time warp? I guess we assume you did..........But then you are driving home, with bread, even though they were closed........

What is a "cut"? You are leaving the reader confused. Can you describe this "cut"?

I know Kum n Go is a local brand prevalent in the lower midwest, but they sell "Squirt"? Really? I haven't had one of those in years, let alone in a quick shop/trip convenience store. Sipping a Squirt in a Kum n Go sounds like a joke, really.

What was the lady driving? Color? Clean, dirty? The college girls?

Just curious............

Sounds perfect to me...........

Is this for your new book? Screenplay?
    I was out on the bike when I realized Panera closed at 8 instead of 9. They open for me to pick up the bread. I was about 15 minutes late. They give away their left over bread every night to various charities. We pick it up at 2 locations on 2 different nights, 1 location each night.The Sunday location closes at 8. The Thursday location closes at 9.

The bike has a trunk on it. Or did until the mount broke so I had to take it off to keep it from falling off on the road. Open your eyes and look at some motorcycles when you're out driving. I swapped out vehicles when I dropped off the wife. Can't pick up 3 bags (trash bag size) and 3 boxes of bread on a bike, no matter how many saddle bags and trunks you have on it (This ain't Asia).

And yup, MB53, sounds nad feels like a bad dream. Unfortunately the Prius shows its real.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    A cut is what a biker calls the leather vest with club/organization colors.
    Seems like you live a very interesting life with all these incidents.

Has Springfield become a more hostile town in recent years? Haven't been there in quite awhile.
    JasonVanHalen likes this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Senior Moderator
    Open your eyes and look at some motorcycles when you're out driving
    I am just not familiar with the terminology. I have seen "trunks" I just didn't know what they were called. Now I do.

Now it makes a bit more sense.

Details are everything.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I am still old and confused

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    Seems like you live a very interesting life with all these incidents.

Has Springfield become a more hostile town in recent years? Haven't been there in quite awhile.
    We have a homeless women's shelter across the street, and a homeless camp about a mile away. That makes things a bit interesting. Hear about a mass bust about 3 miles west of us. The pest control guy saw it. His description sounded like something out of the movies, people running all over the place as police and K9's worked their way through, "like rabbits kicked up out of a brush pile," the pest control guy said. He has even more stories than I do, with the low rent places he goes to. I've been 1-3 minutes before or after a good number of shootings. Just had the FBI staking out a house for several hours, maybe 10-12 hours, for 2 people wanted for manslaughter in OK. They lost one of them. He's "armed and dangerous" and the radio report says to report some guy. Need to check out his mugshot somewhere. There was another one a day before that, armed robber holding up at his house, on his porch, for several hours. Yup, interesting town. Relaxing when I go up north to Iowa for a vacation. But that town is getting bad too.
    Texas Red likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links