Out of control and a state of ridiculousness

This is a discussion on Out of control and a state of ridiculousness within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The vermin hanging around the office is getting out of hand. People high on drugs, vagrants, and lawlessness. I had about all I could stand ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Out of control and a state of ridiculousness

The vermin hanging around the office is getting out of hand. People high on drugs, vagrants, and lawlessness.
    I had about all I could stand a few minutes ago and decided to get western.

The security guy guy leaves at 4:30 and is afraid of these people, and the police have been here numerous times with no changes, no arrests or anything resembling taking control of the property.

After a female worker was harassed by several guys hanging out in an ally area by our office, I had enough and went out there and ran them off; and I will tell you up front, I was not nice about it.

If this society does not learn that political correctness and being “ nice” does not get the job done, then we will not prevail over this decay.

Yes, I put a boot to one, and pushed another one. But they are now gone.

Here is what kind of crap they leave behind.
    Out of control and a state of ridiculousness-5a85fe0e-4fd4-4dc3-a505-41c8891b343a.jpegOut of control and a state of ridiculousness-a02e46eb-fff9-41fe-aca3-d5c877f3ee89.jpeg

I will I’ll be here until 7:30, when the last worker leaves the office.
    Enough is enough.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

I know this is easier said than done because I have had to do it multiple times in my life. But sometimes it's time to move.

To paraphrase the late great comedian Sam Kinison: "You don't need help...you need a U-Haul brochure!"
    The Old Anglo and Sister like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I know this is easier said than done because I have had to do it multiple times in my life. But sometimes it's time to move.

To paraphrase the late great comedian Sam Kinison: "You don't need help...you need a U-Haul brochure!"
    I work here, not live here.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

New Member Array mad88minutejohn's Avatar
    I think he might have meant leave Central Kentucky. Or big picture, up and move to a nicer area.

I left Los Angeles 2 and a half years ago. Did t want my kids growing up in that environment, growing up to be liberals like some of my siblings.

I've moved to a nicer part of Texas. It's no paradise, but better than LA.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    SpringerXD and ETXhiker like this.

Used needles, 305 cigarette butts, and empty "Natty Ice" cans are sure signs of drug user reprobates! There was a convenience store chain where I used to work that quit selling Natty Ice, 305 cigarettes, and Choreboy scrubbers because according to their corporate management it attracted a demographic of customers that they did not wish to have around their stores. BTW, it worked!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

We have the same problem in Colorado Springs. It's exacerbated by people (who really do have good motives) enabling the behavior by feeding them. Colorado Springs is overrun with homeless camps. They dump their trash on the ground, they bathe and crap in the same creek, how there's a hepatitis outbreak. They rape and kill each other but it never makes the news because they're homeless. The cops come and run them out of the camp and they move a mile down the creek and set it all up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    We have the same problem in Colorado Springs. It's exacerbated by people (who really do have good motives) enabling the behavior by feeding them. Colorado Springs is overrun with homeless camps. They dump their trash on the ground, they bathe and crap in the same creek, how there's a hepatitis outbreak. They rape and kill each other but it never makes the news because they're homeless. The cops come and run them out of the camp and they move a mile down the creek and set it all up again.
    Yup- We are the same up here in Boulder. The vagrants now have a 24 hour circus going on the plaza immediately through the wall from where the City Council meets, plus the Mayor and City Manger's offices.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Are you concerned about any backlash from the miscreants, i.e. assault/battery charges from the booting or the pushing?
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Quote Originally Posted by mad88minutejohn View Post
    I think he might have meant leave Central Kentucky. Or big picture, up and move to a nicer area.

I left Los Angeles 2 and a half years ago. Did t want my kids growing up in that environment, growing up to be liberals like some of my siblings.

I've moved to a nicer part of Texas. It's no paradise, but better than LA.

I live 30 miles from here, way out in the country.
    No way am I leaving my home.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

I applaud your intent, but...if things get violent, you could be seen as the instigator.

If you still have contacts in the local LE community, maybe ask them for help, if you have not already.

I’d suggest deleting this thread. And recording any future encounters.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

I guess that's the good thing about where I live in Texas, it's just too dang hot and humid for anybody to just hang around outside for to long. It's like an outdoor steem room. A person really needs to get inside somewhere and soak up some air conditioning.

The "homeless" people you see begging for money at the big intersections in my area have been seen walking to an adjacent parking lot after their "shift" was over and get in their nice late model cars and drive off to their nice house in a descent neighborhood. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I applaud your intent, but...if things get violent, you could be seen as the instigator.

If you still have contacts in the local LE community, maybe ask them for help, if you have not already.

I’d suggest deleting this thread. And recording any future encounters.
    I understand what you say, but I am within my rights here. They are the trespassers engaging in unlawful activity, and as such I’m not having it.

I don’t know any of these new guys in uniform and really don’t care to. The standard of policing has apparently dropped to new levels.

We are on our own as a law abiding, tax paying , hardworking society. If we don’t stand together against this type of crap, no one else is going to help.

I never thought I would feel this way, or make that statement, but that is where we have arrived.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

This is what Political Correctness is driving us to.
    G-man*, hogdaddy, airslot and 3 others like this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

New Member Array mad88minutejohn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I live 30 miles from here, way out in the country.
    No way am I leaving my home.
    I get it, was just making sure you understood what he meant by move.
    Me personally home is where I make it. I'll move for work, or to follow kids and grandkids.

G-man* likes this.

Serious question: Do "No Trespassing" signs have teeth in Kentucky? If so, could that get the vagrants gone under threat of arrest?

Or maybe some variation of "if you no got business here, you no be here?"
    G-man*, msgt/ret, airslot and 1 others like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links