Societal breakdown in California. Is it coming? - Page 3

Societal breakdown in California. Is it coming?

This is a discussion on Societal breakdown in California. Is it coming? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by bullet183 We don’t have to “win” we just have to wait. Yes, because California is "too big to fail"...... I think the ...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1068Likes

Thread: Societal breakdown in California. Is it coming?

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet183 View Post
    We don’t have to “win” we just have to wait.

Yes, because California is "too big to fail"......

I think the 'plan' there is to practice deficit spending until the rest of the nation has to bail California out. Thanks.

It's all coming soon. No God, no Morality, no right or wrong.

It shocks me when someone tells me they don't own a gun. Or the people that do, don't remember what kind.

So much for the “United” states. I don’t see where someone from Colorado has much room to gloat. Y’all need to sweep your own porch and stop blaming California for your problems. All of the people I know that have left love America, love freedom, and are not liberals by any stretch of the imagination.
    Sister likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

There are several families in my neighborhood who moved here from California because they couldn't afford to live there and wanted a safer place for their children to grow up. They had Hillary signs on the cars and in their yards.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I hope it holds off for a little longer. It's just toooo much fun watching the state decompose.

Every day I hear about another bad event taking place in California I thank my stars we no longer live there.

So many like me, natives of the once-Golden-State, sadly agree that we are relieved to no longer live there.

That said, I don't wish anyone bad things who happen to those who currently live there. I would rather see the voters somehow see what's happening and send the rascals out and pick the state up by the bootstraps.

Not likely? Perhaps, but do remember when Calif voters recalled a sitting Dem Gov (Davis) for malfeasance that pales to what the legislature apparently has in mind.

Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Well, a firearm is a tool, not an answer. A certainly firearm ownership requires a high degree of responsibility. Perhaps it's worth having a more serious discussion about the pro's/con's and responsibilities of having a firearm in the house. I hate to discourage anyone from possessing the means to protect themselves from serious threat, but a firearm isn't always the best choice for everyone.

Granny brought up training. WOuld he be willing to get some training before purchasing a firearm?
    He is going to get some training, but I think he is one of those people who thinks if he takes one course he can put it in the drawer and he’ll be just as good 10 years down the road even if he never picks it up again. He’s not someone who wants much input.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    A breakdown is probably more likely to occur in Cali than any other state. $6/gal gasoline, blackouts, lots of issues there. Think Chile, a once very stable place, now disrupted by a relatively few.
    M1911A1, Havok, G26Raven and 3 others like this.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member

Quote Originally Posted by dump1567 View Post
    It's all coming soon. No God, no Morality, no right or wrong.

It shocks me when someone tells me they don't own a gun. Or the people that do, don't remember what kind.
    My best friend from the Navy owns so many guns, he can't tell you how many he has!
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    There are several families in my neighborhood who moved here from California because they couldn't afford to live there and wanted a safer place for their children to grow up. They had Hillary signs on the cars and in their yards.
    I see it as well, and I'm continually astonished.

That said, we do have our fair share of political refugees, and they "get it".

But the fools who leave Cali and vote to make the new home the Neo Cali are beyond my comprehension. These are the same people who keep the coastal arrogance and rudeness and are so easily identified by their actions and tone, even when they are not wearing their west coast college shirts or wearing their west coast NFL team hats.

Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    He is going to get some training, but I think he is one of those people who thinks if he takes one course he can put it in the drawer and he’ll be just as good 10 years down the road even if he never picks it up again. He’s not someone who wants much input.
    Nice! (in re the training)

I guess you can encourage him to continue to train and practice. Would you ever go shooting with him?

In my mind, a long gun is the way to go for someone who isn't oriented to regular practice. An over-under 12 gauge is a great all-around firearm and is fairly instinctive to use. Low capacity, but that may encourage judicious use (or non-use).

If he got involved in trap or skeet, his skills would sharpen up significantly. Moving targets hone skills. And it's a social activity and fun. I see guys at the trap range all the time who I never see at the rifle/pistol range.

The over-under lacks the tactical commando appeal of a carbine or pistol, but in my mind it's a darned practical firearm. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet183 View Post
    So much for the “United” states. I don’t see where someone from Colorado has much room to gloat. Y’all need to sweep your own porch and stop blaming California for your problems. All of the people I know that have left love America, love freedom, and are not liberals by any stretch of the imagination.
    The liberal infestation of Colorado and other states does not all come from California but California's become sort of the metaphor for it. Not everyone who transplants here from California brings rot and not all the rot comes from California. There's enough poison to go around. When a douchebag like Beto O'Rourke can run a close senatorial race with a politician like Ted Cruz in a supposedly red state like Texas the blinking warning signal lights ought to go on everywhere.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinRohrer View Post
    Better also buy a Dillon 1050 to feed it. Even at a leisure 550rpm, 100-round belts disappear quickly.
    Wonder if he was up at the Big Sandy MG shoot last weekend!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Nix, not really, don’t want to shoot with him. He’s one of those people who focuses only on himself. Never calls to say hello, only when he wants something.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I fear AZ will likewise be californicated.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links