Third grader prevents possible school shooting.

This is a discussion on Third grader prevents possible school shooting. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What I want to know is how did he manage to get his hands on the gun. Florida third grader called a 'hero' for preventing ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Third grader prevents possible school shooting.

What I want to know is how did he manage to get his hands on the gun.

Florida third grader called a 'hero' for preventing possible school shooting

A Florida third grader is being called a hero for possibly preventing a school shooting after he reported a classmate who brought a loaded gun to school on Thursday.

Eight-year-old Blake Johnson was in the boy's bathroom at Hudson Elementary School in Hudson, Fla., when another student showed him a loaded 9 mm pistol that he pulled from his backpack.

"He pulled it out, like, and pointed it at the wall," Johnson told WFLA. "He said 'If you tell,' he'll kill me."
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-3...chool-shooting
    1942bull and G26Raven like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Ex Member
    Whoever allowed that gun to be accessible by the boy ought to be punished with a lot more than a lecture or tiny fine. That person is irresponsible in a deadly way.
    The Old Anglo and mmb617 like this.

FL law requires firearms to be secured from just such access. It's rarely enforced until after something like this happens. But such access happens in every state--unless you think every gun owner in your state is a shining exception.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    And it goes to show how ineffective GFZ laws are.
    OD*, scottync and Rabbit212 like this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

My wife had to take a revolver away from one of her second graders. He brought it to school in his backpack and kept it in his cubby.
    He wanted it for show and tell. The kid was a loner and just wanted friends.
    Long story short, parents called, kid got some help and attention. no harm to anyone. I know he went on to play football in high school and college. Of course, this was in the early 90’s.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    WOW!!

Good job by the whistleblower!!
    OD* likes this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

The kid did a good job and should be recognized for his actions. That said, I consider it a little dramatic to suggest that the 8 year old had any intent or plan to do harm. Unless there is more information which has not been shared.. its just a case of adult irresponsibility and a kid doing kid stuff with something he should have never had unsupervised access to. The Kid should be punished, the adult owner of the weapon should be punished and people should go on with their business. If there is evidence that the kid intended to cause harm, that is a totally different issue altogether. As it stands today ( right now), I don't believe its that at all.
    Nmuskier likes this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Whoever allowed that gun to be accessible by the boy ought to be punished with a lot more than a lecture or tiny fine. That person is irresponsible in a deadly way.
    Absolutely!

It's all on the adults. At 8 years old the kid has probably never been taught anything about never touching a gun. Quite the opposite he's probably seen adults handling them improperly in his home.

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    When it comes to children, it is not about trusting them, it is about accepting that their brains are not fully developed and as such are subject to making errors of judgement, even when raised "right", by loving responsible parents. Which is why adults should be held accountable for not ensuring that guns are inaccessible to them.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    And it goes to show how ineffective GFZ laws are.
    Lmao it's an 8 year old and your bringing up gfz laws. Kids probably still wetting his bed and your wanting to turn it political. But your probably right if the Adults could carry on campus they could have gunned him down in the bathroom and taught all the other 8 year olds a lesson.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Lmao it's an 8 year old and your bringing up gfz laws. Kids probably still wetting his bed and your wanting to turn it political. But your probably right if the Adults could carry on campus they could have gunned him down in the bathroom and taught all the other 8 year olds a lesson.
    Huh?
    Rabbit212 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Huh?
    Were you not implying that the school being a GFZ did nothing to stop an 8 year old from bringing a gun to the school??
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Well, it is a gun-free-zone and it didn't stop him from bringing in a gun. That's just a fact.

Are you implying that the staff would gun him down just for having the piece even though he apparently wasn't trying to use it? That sounds rather hyperbolic to me.
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Were you not implying that the school being a GFZ did nothing to stop an 8 year old from bringing a gun to the school??
    Or anyone else.

That mom should be proud that her kid did the right thing, against peer pressure.
    Psalm 144:1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links