Does the caliber of the handgun we carry make a big difference - Page 7

Does the caliber of the handgun we carry make a big difference

This is a discussion on Does the caliber of the handgun we carry make a big difference within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Jay Fraime Don't think caliber matters? Then you'd be a fool not to jump on the .22LR bandwagon. Cheap, plentiful ammo, almost ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: Does the caliber of the handgun we carry make a big difference

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Fraime View Post
    Don't think caliber matters? Then you'd be a fool not to jump on the .22LR bandwagon. Cheap, plentiful ammo, almost non-existent recoil, what's not to like? Better make sure to trade/sell all of your centerfire firearms and replace them with .22LR versions ASAP.

Any takers?
    Are you familiar at all with the logical fallacy known as reductio ad absurdum?

In*logic,*reductio ad absurdum*(Latin*for "reduction to absurdity"), also known as*argumentum ad absurdum*(Latin*for "argument to absurdity"),*apagogical arguments*or the*appeal to extremes, is a form of argument that attempts either to disprove a statement by showing it inevitably leads to a ridiculous, absurd, or impractical conclusion, or to prove one by showing that if it were not true, the result would be absurd or impossible.[1][2]*Traced back to*classical Greek philosophy*in Aristotle's*Prior Analytics[2]*(Greek:*ἡ εἰς τὸ ἀδύνατον ἀπόδειξις,*lit.*'demonstration to the impossible', 62b), this technique has been used throughout history in both formal mathematical and philosophical reasoning, as well as in debate.
    Bad Bob likes this.

It's not that. You can cherry pick carry rounds, which I do. I personally believe, after seeing, investigating many, many shootings and conversing with homicide detectives across the country that energy matters. Bullet construction is equally important. But without shot placement none of it matters. You seem to like jello as a test medium, nothing wrong with that, used properly it is a good comparitor.

Wolf357 likes this.
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

OOPS my fault but its reasonable to assume that most of us here knew I meant 380, When I become perfect there will be no more typos
    Instymp likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Caliber doesn't matter as long as it is one of my calibers.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

OP has it wrong. My goal is absolutely to STOP the person attacking me or a loved one.

"shot placement is everything" said the person not carrying a .177.

Yes, caliber matters.
    Yes, accuracy matters, regardless of the caliber you are carrying. And no, a .25ACP is not more accurate than a .45ACP. Please get real about bullet terminal performance.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Sponsored Links