The Inside Story: Sutherland Springs, Texas - Page 2

The Inside Story: Sutherland Springs, Texas

This is a discussion on The Inside Story: Sutherland Springs, Texas within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldChap There are some excellent lessons there for all of us. My first thought was that I need magazines in a very ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: The Inside Story: Sutherland Springs, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    There are some excellent lessons there for all of us.

My first thought was that I need magazines in a very easily accessible location.

I also think at least one of those will be clearly loaded and marked M855. That allows you to deal with Level III armor - God forbid, should the need ever arise.

EDIT to ADD...Another lesson, be careful you choose another insane person to give you a ride when seconds count!
    M193 will also punch through lvl3.

Just sayiní.
    OldChap, Pete63, 10thmtn and 1 others like this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

@OldVet IMHO nobody is doing an adequate job preparing for mass shootings - not anyone, anywhere in America. Not yet, anyway.
    Not as long as legislators and LE encourages restriction of one's protection anywhere and everywhere.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    Excellent and very inspirational read. God bless the heroes who run toward the sound of gunfire.
    OldChap, Old Man and airslot like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

A brave individual who truly made a difference.

What a fine story.
    OldChap and airslot like this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Biden also suggested using a double barrel shotgun and shooting the gun in the air or firing through the door, so I donít think too highly of his opinion.
    OldChap, airslot and OlCop like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Biden also suggested using a double barrel shotgun and shooting the gun in the air or firing through the door, so I donít think too highly of his opinion.
    I seem to remember that in the original account of this, Biden suggested his wife would go out on the balcony of their home and fire off two rounds from the double barrel shotgun. One could infer from that, if correct, that the darling candidate was hoping his wife, being in possession of a now-empty shotgun would get blown away by bad folks not interested in wasting shots in the air, thereby laying open the door for said candidate to fondle as many women as his little black heart desired!

Maybe I just need a mid-afternoon cup of coffee!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

I seem to remember that in the original account of this, Biden suggested his wife would go out on the balcony of their home and fire off two rounds from the double barrel shotgun. One could infer from that, if correct, that the darling candidate was hoping his wife, being in possession of a now-empty shotgun would get blown away by bad folks not interested in wasting shots in the air, thereby laying open the door for said candidate to fondle as many women as his little black heart desired!

Maybe I just need a mid-afternoon cup of coffee!
    I recommend an upgrade to that coffee. Perhaps a dribble Irish in it.
    OldChap and airslot like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for the link to the story @OldChap . I've read many accounts and interviews of this shooting before, but never one that includes the God factor to such detail.
    OD*, airslot, gasmitty and 1 others like this.

What a great story.
    OldChap likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links