Some people are worse than animals

This is a discussion on Some people are worse than animals within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This has to be one of the most horrible stories I have read in a long time. It brings to mind John Farnam's admonition, "When ...

Like Tree48Likes
  • 2 Post By G26Raven
  • 4 Post By jmf552
  • 13 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 2 Post By sdprof
  • 2 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 2 Post By Rockymonster
  • 2 Post By ButtShot14
  • 4 Post By Geezer
  • 2 Post By Cypher
  • 2 Post By airslot
  • 3 Post By beebee
  • 4 Post By Two Bears
  • 3 Post By oldIthink
  • 1 Post By Arejay
  • 2 Post By 5lima30ret

Thread: Some people are worse than animals

This has to be one of the most horrible stories I have read in a long time.

It brings to mind John Farnam's admonition, "When it's least expected, you're elected!" You never know when you are going to need to defend yourself or your family.

Groom Beaten To Death By Wedding Crashers

Chino, CA — A California groom was violently beaten to death by two wedding crashers during his own wedding reception.

The deadly confrontation began early Sunday morning, as 30-year-old Joe Melgoza and his new bride, Esther, were celebrating with friends and family in the 13200-block of Oaks Avenue, KABC reported.

The residence where the party was being held belonged to the bride’s sister, according to NBC News.

According to the couple’s family, two men that no one knew showed up at the celebration in the early morning hours.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...YjkXmmjURjktfU
    flh and buckwheatpaul like this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

That is a bad story. I was also interested in the one below it. A woman who kicked a deputy's eye out gets a plea deal with no jail time.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...Tk6iUbx5Ptw2sQ
    Last edited by jmf552; December 22nd, 2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Senior Moderator
    Carry always. The bell might ring anytime.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Nobody knew the attackers, but police arrested them at their residence that afternoon? Did they leave a trail of breadcrumbs?

Sad, so sad.

Carry Always.
    ShooterGranny and G26Raven like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Subscribe to the US Coast Guard motto
    Simper Paratus
    G26Raven and Chaplain Scott like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Carry always. The bell might ring anytime.
    Exactly! And as I say in my signature:

”Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.”
    flh and G26Raven like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

The prosecutor/district attorney should be removed from office for this debacle of justice. The presiding judge should have refused the plea deal and sentenced the woman to 20 or 30 years in prison without parole.
    msgt/ret and G26Raven like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtShot14 View Post
    The prosecutor/district attorney should be removed from office for this debacle of justice. The presiding judge should have refused the plea deal and sentenced the woman to 20 or 30 years in prison without parole.
    I (totally) lost my eye in 1976. Not only does it change your entire life, prosthetics are extremely expensive - they have to be replaced every few years due to changes in the eye socket, and those puppies cost $2500 and up. I've got a box full of old ones. She should be responsible for all costs - past and future. He should sue her for all she's worth.

Most people are worse than animals.

I have a hard time believing those two just randomly showed up at the wedding. There's more to the story
    oldIthink and G26Raven like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Most people are worse than animals.

I have a hard time believing those two just randomly showed up at the wedding. There's more to the story
    Maybe not known, but known of in the neighborhood.
    Cypher and msgt/ret like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

They were from the neighborhood, the grooms sister knew who they were, but they were not friends of the groom or his family.. they just figured they would crash the party for the booze, perhaps figuring no one would notice.. From what I read in other articles, they were either asked to leave or were simply thrown out, left, and returned later after most of the guests were gone, and beat the poor groom to death with baseball bats.. those of us on this forum would NEVER let this happen to our loved ones, thats why we protect ourselves in accordance to what the 2nd A has spoken to us over the centuries,, Its our RIGHT to protect ourselves from disease such as these animals, but sadly this happened in Ca. and those folks probably couldn't get a gun or permit even if they wanted to... These SOB's should fry for this despicable crime.
    However, again, this is Ca., and they'll get 3 hots and a cot for life, good medical care, TV etc.. Might even get out while they are still fairly young men due to "overcrowding"..... bob
    G26Raven, airslot and msgt/ret like this.

Since I was a child I have found animals are for the most part more reliable than people are. I have yet to meet a human that at some point has not lied and deceived me "to try to protect me or for my own good". Honesty is such a RARE quality in the human species.

I put trust in no one until they show me they can be trusted. I don't trust my own wife as she has repeatedly shown she is NOT trust worthy and she will admit that. She puts others in her family before me so I don't trust her.

After what I have seen man is the cruelest animal on the planet. People on TV and the movies are always saying "this person or that person did not deserve to die". I have news for them. We have all been dying since the day we were born and all deserve it. It is just a matter of when, where and how. I am a Christian as that is the only hope I have found in this world. Even then there are those that use Christianity as an excuse to murder millions as they use it as an excuse to gain power and riches. I have always believed treat others as you want to be treated however I am not a sheep but a Lion that lies with sheep. Abuse others in my presence and you will soon see my teeth and claws. Be peaceful and I will be likewise. I don't want to kill but do not take my long suffering for inability or unwillingness as it is neither. I unfortunately know what I am capable off as God has forgiven me much.

Name:  images - 2019-11-24T125748.684.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  12.8 KB

Isn't the term --walk tall and carry (whatever you need to, to do whatever you need to do)?

Bringing a stick to gun fight? not wise!

I've been in a few bar fights over the years, all of them before I was 30. One thing I learned, it isn't the size of the person you need to be wary of. I witnessed a little 5'4" welter weight champion boxer take out a 6'4" incredible hulk in five jabs within 3 seconds. But I also witnessed a friend of mine who was also an incredible hulk sized person get a square punch to the face and not even flinch. I never liked pain so I informed those that wanted to do me harm that I likely won't win, but I won't lose either. And it will be a bad day for both of us. I also learned to stay just out of arms reach or so close they felt my breath on them.
    bill35738, G26Raven and airslot like this.

Arrested at their residence without incident. That's a shame.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    Arrested at their residence without incident. That's a shame.
    ...and then on the way to the jail reality kicks in and they become combative and decide they don't want to go to jail trying to kick out windows etc. Then the "meet & greet welcoming committee" at the jail earns their money the hard way! I have seen it happen so many times! I started having my officers working for me take pics of the defendants prior to booking at the jail. They don't always look the same in their booking pics! Just my .02 worth!
    Arejay and Chaplain Scott like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Sponsored Links