NH Father Kills Coyote With Bare Hands After Attacks In 2 Towns

This is a discussion on NH Father Kills Coyote With Bare Hands After Attacks In 2 Towns within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This would have been frightening! NH Father Kills Coyote With Bare Hands After Attacks In 2 Towns KENSINGTON, N.H. (CBS) – With no work or ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: NH Father Kills Coyote With Bare Hands After Attacks In 2 Towns

This would have been frightening!

KENSINGTON, N.H. (CBS) – With no work or school Monday, the O’Reilly’s brought their three kids to Jude’s Pond in Exeter for a family hike. It ended when Ian O’Reilly wound up in a life and death struggle with a coyote that was very likely rabid.

With coyote bites on his arm and chest, O’Reilly said he had no choice but to fight.

“There was no running away, it would not allow us to run away,” O’Reilly said. “It was very much the aggressor.”

...As his wife called 911, Ian O’Reilly strangled the coyote during several minutes that seemed surreal at best.

Read the whole story here:
    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/01/...rt0AY.facebook
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

That could have been so much worse. Glad the dad prevailed.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Where was his gun?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Definitely not normal behavior for a coyote. Good job by the father yeah yeah should have been carrying a firearm maybe next time he will.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Definitely not normal behavior for a coyote. Good job by the father yeah yeah should have been carrying a firearm maybe next time he will.
    My guess it will test positive for rabbies

Good for Dad !!! Can't imagine the outcome if he wasn't there...…
    The activists should begin their lawsuits on him any day now !!!!
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Them granite state guys are tough!

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

I have long held that any man in solid physical condition and a good fighter can kill most dogs in a fight. The thing a man must do is to be super aggressive, willing to take hits (bites), and know where to attack the animal to kill it. Dogs have some definite weak areas which when very aggressively attacked can bring about their death. The one thing a man must keep from happening is being knocked down and put on the defensive.
    Last edited by SouthernBoyVA; January 21st, 2020 at 06:15 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    I have long held that any man in solid physical condition and a good fighter can kill most dogs in a fight. The thing man must do is be super aggressive, willing to take hits (bites), and know where to attack the animal to kill it. Dogs have some definite weak areas which when very aggressively attacked can bring about their death. The one thing a man must keep from happening is being knocked down and put on the defensive.
    I have always thought the same thing, and I agree. But you would have to keep his mouth away from your neck and head. And be super aggressive like you said. But I pray I never have to find out. I imagine a 60 to 80 lb dog would really cause blood loss on you during that struggle. With lots of puncture wounds and torn flesh. In my mind, though, when you start talking about dogs north of 80 lbs, then it becomes more iffy as to whether or not I could prevail. It would probably make a difference depending upon whether my son was with me or not. If I was trying to protect him, I would probably have a better chance.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    Knew a fella who was attacked at his front door coming home from working a double shift at night by a huge raccoon....jumped out of the bushes on to him in the dark....he killed it bare hands and was stricken by both rabies and distemper......he was laid up for some time but recouped.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Who was it that said, " I wasn't planning on going for a run today.....then the Game Wardens came out of nowhere".

Quote Originally Posted by Fallsrider View Post
    I have always thought the same thing, and I agree. But you would have to keep his mouth away from your neck and head. And be super aggressive like you said. But I pray I never have to find out. I imagine a 60 to 80 lb dog would really cause blood loss on you during that struggle. With lots of puncture wounds and torn flesh. In my mind, though, when you start talking about dogs north of 80 lbs, then it becomes more iffy as to whether or not I could prevail. It would probably make a difference depending upon whether my son was with me or not. If I was trying to protect him, I would probably have a better chance.
    Yes. Really savage super aggression will be your friend in such an event. And yes too as far as large dogs. That's what I meant by most dogs. Large dogs, which might be aggressive and well trained dogs, think Shepherds and Dobermans would be a real challenge. A neighbor or mine has two English Mastiffs, each weighing over 200 pounds. That would NOT be something would want to tangle with unarmed.

The soft spots on dogs are their lower abdomen, genitals, ribs, neck/throat, and eyes. You would have to attack quickly with well-aimed kicks and punches to the abdomen, genitals, and ribs to disable the animal before you can get a good chance to crush their throat.

Now don't get me wrong... I love dogs... good dogs. But I have no compunction about injuring or killing one if it presents a danger to me. My first job out of high school was a letter carrier with the US Post Office and I quickly learned about dogs. Love the good ones, disdain the bad ones.
    airslot and CLASS3NH like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavy View Post
    Knew a fella who was attacked at his front door coming home from working a double shift at night by a huge raccoon....jumped out of the bushes on to him in the dark....he killed it bare hands and was stricken by both rabies and distemper......he was laid up for some time but recouped.
    In 2007, my younger daughter and her husband were having a new home built and my wife and I would occasionally stop by to see how it was coming along. On one visit a mangy looking raccoon was slowly edging towards the house, mouth breathing and making a slight hissing sound. Definitely rabid animal so I got my wife back in the truck quickly and alerted my daughter to be careful when visiting her new home site.

America First!

I’d rather have to strangle a rabid coyote than a rabid skunk
    If you use JP-8, then it's technically not waterboarding

And folks were calling in this morning to local radio feeling bad for the yote and the fact it suffered 10min while being suffocated by the Father. Several people were bit and will require rabbi shots along with injured pets. Trapping and hunting of yotes is coming under attack here in NH as it is in other states.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
    Them granite state guys are tough!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links