Do you carry in NPEs? - Page 3

Do you carry in NPEs?

This is a discussion on Do you carry in NPEs? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "Do you carry?"...fixed it for you. The only places I don't carry are places I would end up in jail for doing so...Those little signs ...

View Poll Results: Do you carry in NPEs where is is not against the law?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

56 75.68%
  • No.

9 12.16%
  • Other

9 12.16%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Do you carry in NPEs?

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    "Do you carry?"...fixed it for you.

The only places I don't carry are places I would end up in jail for doing so...Those little signs down low on the glass at the theatre? They are designed to be missed; so I oblige them.
    APX-9M, Struckat and G26Raven like this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by demanic View Post
    It depends on whether or not they have metal detectors, armed guards and a place to check your weapons while on premises.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    I've carried a few times into places with metal detectors... A 380 clipped to my underwear begin my belt buckle.... I basically carry everywhere that would not make me a felon.
    G26Raven and maxwell97 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by APX-9M View Post
    I've carried a few times into places with metal detectors... A 380 clipped to my underwear begin my belt buckle.... I basically carry everywhere that would not make me a felon.
    Now that's smart. I never woulda thunk of somethin like that!
    G26Raven and viney266 like this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
    Now that's smart. I never woulda thunk of somethin like that!
    Ellefritz actually discusses that in an article about how to carry in an NPE

I do with the exception of grandkids school events.
    G26Raven likes this.

Everywhere it is legal. Post office is about the only place I go where not allowed, not counting work every day. Signs carry force of law. Makes the antiís of Illinois feel warm and fuzzy.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Nope Mr. ATF man.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker57 View Post
    I do with the exception of grandkids school events.
    Because, of course, nothing bad ever occurs on school grounds.
    The real irony is, most of these places that post "rob me" signs will never know how many people are ignoring said signs, until and unless some scumbag looking for an easy target decides to shoot the place up.

For me, it just depends. Here in NC, carrying past no-weapons signage is only a misdemeanor, punishable by up to a $500 fine. As long as you don't refuse to leave if asked, they should not arrest you.

I just have to weigh the desire to carry vs. what it would mean to me personally to be banned from a business, which would probably happen with some of the businesses. Our local mall is a good example. They are posted, but we go to the food court there probably two to three times a month. Our special needs son enjoys watching the crowd, we can all get what we want individually to eat, and there's always plenty of seating. I would hate to be banned from there. Would it be the end of the world? No, but I would still hate to see that happen. Some other businesses, especially movie theaters, I don't care. Let them ban me.
    G26Raven and msgt/ret like this.

I must be the only one who doesn't know what NPE stands for. Is it obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Based on a recent post I did regarding an article on NPEs, I thought it would be interesting to see how many of our members actually carry in NPEs. I am specifically not referring to places where it is illegal to do so, such as Federal buildings or airports, but places where there is no legal penalty in doing so unless you are discovered carrying and refuse to leave if asked to do so. For example, here in Utah, no firearms signs do not carry the force of law. But like many states, you could conceivably be prosecuted for trespassing if you refuse to vacate the premises.

According the the Bureau of Criminal Investigations in Utah, who issues CCWs, the state laws are:

As a permit holder, exactly where can I carry or not carry a handgun?
    The concealed firearm permit allows an individual to carry a firearm fully loaded and concealed. The permit also allows an individual to carry a firearm into public schools. Permit holders can not carry a firearm into federal or state restricted areas i.e. any airport secured area, federal facilities, courts, correctional & mental health facilities, law enforcement secured areas, a house of worship or private residence where notice given and/or posted, any secured area in which firearms are prohibited and notice posted, or otherwise prohibited by state of federal law.

What about private businesses? Can they post signs prohibiting someone from carrying a gun into their business even though the person has a concealed firearms permit?
    Naturally, private property owners may apply whatever restrictions they want. Whether or not these restrictions violate oneís constitutional rights is for the civil courts to decide. But the only statutory restrictions on a permit holder are secured areas such as airports and federal buildings.

https://bci.utah.gov/concealed-firea...ked-questions/

My question for today is, do you carry in NPEs?

Quote Originally Posted by scott_see View Post
    I must be the only one who doesn't know what NPE stands for. Is it obvious?
    No, you're not the only one. I should have defined it for those who don't know. It stands for "Non-Permissive Environment." There are two types, ones where it is illegal to carry, such as a Federal building, and those where it is not illegal but may have been posted by a property owner where such signs do not carry the force of law. Sorry.
    You are your own first responder.

I usually don't carry where it is legally unlawful. But I have to tell a story that happen a few years ago. I went to the local court house because of a speeding ticket and at the entrance there was a security guard with a metal detection gate to walk through. Because being a court house, I was not armed. But I watched people in line ahead of me going through the gate. First was a woman with a large shoulder purse, the guard instructed her to place the purse on a desk next to the gate and she walk through the gate, then the guard handed the purse back to her, never looking inside the purse. Then people carrying brief cases or other things were entering the court room and it was the same procedure. No inspections were made of the handbags, brief cases, anything. Being a retired LEO this lack of security alarmed me. After my case was settled I did write a little note of my concerns to the judge.
    G26Raven and msgt/ret like this.

Never. I don't want to disrespect a local business I like to visit and I'm not a zealot anyway. If a coffee shop or fancy butcher does not want guns on their premises, I'm fine with it.
    G26Raven likes this.

It's funny, they might not want weapons on their premises, but aside from posting a sign, they don't seem to do much to prevent it from happening. I wonder if they honestly think that someone who plans on doing harm is really going to be detered by their sign?

G26Raven and APX-9M like this.

Quote Originally Posted by demanic View Post
    It's funny, they might not want weapons on their premises, but aside from posting a sign, they don't seem to do much to prevent it from happening. I wonder if they honestly think that someone who plans on doing harm is really going to be detered by their sign?
    They're not trying to prevent the criminals they're trying to prevent some sheep puppy from starting a gunfight trying to "protect the flock" when the criminals show up

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links