Do you carry in NPEs? - Page 4

Do you carry in NPEs?

This is a discussion on Do you carry in NPEs? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; absent a government badge securing the premises, yes, deeply....

View Poll Results: Do you carry in NPEs where is is not against the law?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

59 75.64%
  • No.

10 12.82%
  • Other

9 11.54%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Do you carry in NPEs?

absent a government badge securing the premises, yes, deeply.
    G26Raven and APX-9M like this.

If wearing cloths i'm wearing a gun.
    G26Raven, airslot and APX-9M like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    They're not trying to prevent the criminals they're trying to prevent some sheep puppy from starting a gunfight trying to "protect the flock" when the criminals show up
    Actually, after giving it some thought, I'm willing to bet that the reason is something far more insidious. I wouldn't be surprised if the insurance companies that cover these businesses have a lot to do with the signs. And most of the business owners probably know that they don't do any good, but like the rest of us, they are caught in a catch .22 .

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    G26Raven likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by demanic View Post
    Actually, after giving it some thought, I'm willing to bet that the reason is something far more insidious. I wouldn't be surprised if the insurance companies that cover these businesses have a lot to do with the signs. And most of the business owners probably know that they don't do any good, but like the rest of us, they are caught in a catch .22 .
    The insurance payout for an employee or customer killed by a criminal is likely lower than the civil suit that would arise from a permit holder shooting the wrong person

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    The insurance payout for an employee or customer killed by a criminal is likely lower than the civil suit that would arise from a permit holder shooting the wrong person
    I wonder how much of a payout there is if a criminal kills or injures someone? Probably even less.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Do you carry in NPEs?
    Yes I do if I can't get what I need elsewhere. Signs don't have force of law in my state. I never carry where it's unlawful to do so.
    G26Raven and airslot like this.
    Bill

I carry all the time, just avoid metal detectors and places that low life congregate. I carry and practice. I read a variety of subjects, not just defensive carry. So forgive me but what is NPE? Maybe I'm just not in the club. Maybe the first post should tell what it is, or label it for those that follow the forum and know the acronyms only.

Quote Originally Posted by likembikem View Post
    I carry all the time, just avoid metal detectors and places that low life congregate. I carry and practice. I read a variety of subjects, not just defensive carry. So forgive me but what is NPE? Maybe I'm just not in the club. Maybe the first post should tell what it is, or label it for those that follow the forum and know the acronyms only.
    I goofed when I posted this in not defining it - sorry. Multiple people have asked. NPE stands for Non permissive environment. In some locations, such as Federal buildings, it's against the law. In certain states, such as Utah, "No guns" signs do not carry the force of law, but if you are discovered to be carrying and are asked to leave and refuse, you can be arrested for trespassing.
    You are your own first responder.

I walk right past the NGA signs without thinking twice (No guns allowed). I've watched my wife’s pocket book get searched and since I have no pocket book they wave me on. It would make you think twice about using in that area for sure. But for me it mostly not in a business I worry about as much as going back to the parking lot and to my vehicle. So, they never know it, and I would bet 40% of the people are carrying too! But I would say for sure there are less places that have No Guns Allowed signs now that there use to,be where I live anyway.Thanks for the explanation Raven.
    G26Raven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by APX-9M View Post
    I've carried a few times into places with metal detectors... A 380 clipped to my underwear begin my belt buckle.... I basically carry everywhere that would not make me a felon.
    What happens when and if they have you remove your belt.
    G26Raven likes this.

I carry everywhere I can legally carry and thankfully gun buster signs do not carry the force of law here in Indiana. There are places that post gun buster signs and like others have stated, I will avoid spending my $$ at their business.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    G26Raven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by con42 View Post
    What happens when and if they have you remove your belt.
    They don't. The only place I've ever been to that makes you remove your belt is the Court House, government buildings, and airports, e.i, places I'd never attempt to carry in anyway. I've carried past walk through metal detectors, I've been wanded, and I've even been patted down in some cases (hourly civilian employees at these events aren't going to feel up your private parts). Several concerts, arenas, sporting events, one club (Christmas party thrown for my job), and counting. Never had an issue.
    G26Raven likes this.

Pretty much every day. The parent company of where I work has a one sentence "no weapons" policy buried in the employee hand book. I carry there every day. I don't think Id get fired if found out but they certainly could. I'm not working in St. Louis city limits without the option of a firearm, even if it's a small one.

I could care less about a posting on a business. If I stop at a gas station and go inside to get a pepsi or something and they have a sign I'm not going to get back in my truck and search out another place to buy a pepsi. I just walk past it, do what I'm there to do and leave. I'll make note for next time, but I don't have an internal moral conundrum over a sign. I'm fine ignoring it and moving along with my day.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

I voted "other".

I prefer to not spend money in "no guns" places. I didn't leave "no guns = no business" cards. I talked once with manager of such place: showed him receipr how much I just spent in their place, and told them I will never come in again while they have "no guns" sign. They still have that, and they still prosper with asian and spanish speaking minority clientele.

When our martial arts club goes out for dinner I explicitly tell everyone that I will not go to any "no guns" place, and suggest nice place sligtly farther away without nasty sign. They may guessed I'm carrying especially that I sometimes am teaching pistol disarms...

Anyway, in Commy Republic on Illinois first time you caught carrying in "no guns" place you get slap on the wrist (like couple of hundred dollars fine), second time it will be full fledged weapons offense. Anyway, I don't risk first time, I only will if I know I really have to go there and it is real hot war zone there.
    G26Raven likes this.

What are NPEs?
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links