Prepare!. - Page 10

Prepare!.

This is a discussion on Prepare!. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet We don't know for certain when this current strain of coronavirus began because the Chinese kept it under wraps. It very ...

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree953Likes

Thread: Prepare!.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    We don't know for certain when this current strain of coronavirus began because the Chinese kept it under wraps. It very well could have started the same time as the current flu strains. I was reading a report by someone (I didn't memorize who) that stated the coronavirus strain of concern is very close to a known coronavirus strain know to exist in bats in China, and it was no stretch of imagination that it easily could have mutated and jumped from animal to human. Its fatality rate is too selective and too insufficient to be a worthwhile bio-weapon. But why waste a good conspiracy theory?
    we do know when first case of Corona Virus was confirmed here in the U.S,it was on Jan 19th of 2020 from a person returning to the United States from Wuhan China..the "regular" flu was already wide spread throughout the U.S at this time.the CDC has also confirmed two different types of the Corona Virus,the L-type and S-type/the L-Type being more aggressive,contagious and lethal then the S-Type..For a virus that's "too selective and insufficient" and its fatality rate is too low,it's odd the U.S is spending 8.3 billion dollars to combat it!
    QKShooter likes this.

VIP Member
    I had read that the virus cannot survive in an environment heavily laden with alcohol, and/or fat, and/or sugar. So today I bought a bottle of Scotch, 5 containers of Ben & Jerry’s in assorted flavors, and some pork ribs for the BBQ...

I think I’m prepared.......
    demanic, jmf552, OldVet and 2 others like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    For a virus that's "too selective and insufficient" and its fatality rate is too low,it's odd the U.S is spending 8.3 billion dollars to combat it!
    For starters, my statement on that was clearly directed to the suspicions of Coronavirus being a Bio-weapon, which it is still a poor one at best. As for the 8.3 billion dollars, it is amazing what fear can do, but not necessarily "odd."
    Havok, Rockymonster and QKShooter like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    I had read that the virus cannot survive in an environment heavily laden with alcohol, and/or fat, and/or sugar. So today I bought a bottle of Scotch, 5 containers of Ben & Jerry’s in assorted flavors, and some pork ribs for the BBQ...

I think I’m prepared.......
    Last I heard, Ben&Jerry are anti-gun. Regardless, I don't like their ice cream.
    The Old Anglo and QKShooter like this.
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    .....5 containers of Ben & Jerry’s....
    There's a company I wouldn't support, even with someone else's money. Look up their stance on the 2nd Amendment.
    The Old Anglo and QKShooter like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

When I eat B&J ice cream, it's for the taste, not the politics. But it's been a while anyhow.
    Rockymonster and QKShooter like this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

For all of you who think this is a Joke,just Wait Three Months from Now. The Party is Over and Reality will be setting in as the Dying begins. Not Funny as we have Nothing to stop this except Common Sense and if we Do NOT pay attention it'll make 1918 look like a Sunday School Picnic. We are so much more Mobile than we were then and that accelerates the spread!. As the CDC said the Flu this year has killed over 12000 and this Virus will be 10X Worse so do the Math!. Prep up NOW as stores are being cleaned out {Was at Wally Super Store and NO Water!}. Yeah..We can Joke about it UNTILL People we know and Love die from it and if you don`t have preps,You are Next!. Good Luck!!!.
    Texas Red, crue2009 and QKShooter like this.

Name:  OIP (3).jpg
Views: 44
Size:  15.4 KB

If we're gonna go (and we all will eventually), no sense going out like a bunch of panicked chickens. But he with the biggest stack of TP wins!

Name:  OIP (3).jpg
Views: 44
Size:  15.4 KB

If we're gonna go (and we all will eventually), no sense going out like a bunch of panicked chickens. But he with the biggest stack of TP wins!
    Way Too much Bourbon here!!. Try to Prolong Life and Not be Stupid!.
    crue2009 and NECCdude like this.

Go out stupid or go out smart, but go out we will. Wash your hands, avoids crowds for a while, and get on with life--while it lasts.

Or cower, no difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    For all of you who think this is a Joke,just Wait Three Months from Now. The Party is Over and Reality will be setting in as the Dying begins. Not Funny as we have Nothing to stop this except Common Sense and if we Do NOT pay attention it'll make 1918 look like a Sunday School Picnic. We are so much more Mobile than we were then and that accelerates the spread!. As the CDC said the Flu this year has killed over 12000 and this Virus will be 10X Worse so do the Math!. Prep up NOW as stores are being cleaned out {Was at Wally Super Store and NO Water!}. Yeah..We can Joke about it UNTILL People we know and Love die from it and if you don`t have preps,You are Next!. Good Luck!!!.
    The media wants to make this out to be much worse than it really is.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    The left (media included) would like nothing more than to crash the economy and they're well on the way. Futures are poised for a bad day tomorrow.

Never let a crisis go to waste.
    SpringerXD and Rockymonster like this.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member
    Gun Owners of America
    Electronic Frontiers Foundation https://www.eff.org/ - defending digital privacy and free speech including forums such as this one

Go out stupid or go out smart, but go out we will. Wash your hands, avoids crowds for a while, and get on with life--while it lasts.

Or cower, no difference to me.
    However...It`s More than that as No cowering here BUT a Full stocked Quarantine if it moves into Orlando {Bigtime Tourist destination}. NOT willing to go Out Stupid and am Paying Attention. No,the Sky is not falling......YET BUT,I fear it`s soon to be so Buckle Up Bro!!!. Good Luck!.
    QKShooter likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    With all due respect, you don't actually know that anything you just said is factual.

Remember Y2K? We were all going to be living in bunkers while gangs roamed the streets. It was going to be the end of our society because our toasters didn't know what year it was.

Remember "Peak Oil?" There were websites all over the place about it in the late 90's/early 2000's. Peak Oil was the point where the world's oil consumption finally surpassed production.

Remember Bird Flu? Swine Flu? SARS? Ebola? Each and every one was going to destroy humanity once and for all, according to the panic mongers.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that this virus shouldn't be taken seriously. Not in the least. And my heart goes out to anyone who loses a loved one because of it.

But at the same time, this is an election year. There happens to be a president in office that the media doesn't like very much. Wreck the economy? Cause a panic? "Who cares, AS LONG AS IT GETS RID OF HIM!"

Just something to ponder.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    The media wants to make this out to be much worse than it really is.
    Not quite right as this is Spreading ALL Across America. Agree the So-called "Media" is hyping it BUT the fact is it`s Spreading so quick Nobody can keep track of it. Some people out there think it`s a Joke and it will disappear when the Weather warms up but I think we`re in for a Long Haul with this!. My Advice is Stay away from Large crowds,Prep up with Food/Water and Stay home if you can!. I do believe this was created in the Wuhan Bio Level 4 Lab to do Two things..Spread and Kill and somehow escaped into the population there OR was meant to be used against the Protesters in Hong Kong and got out of control...Just my opinion We may Never know?.
    QKShooter likes this.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links