Prepare!. - Page 22

Prepare!.

This is a discussion on Prepare!. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A little more technical explanation on why this is not like the typical flu. Many of you are missing the risk...completely. "Sending the old people ...

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree953Likes

Thread: Prepare!.

A little more technical explanation on why this is not like the typical flu. Many of you are missing the risk...completely.
    "Sending the old people somewhere" is an extremely ignorant attitude

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who donít understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an ďall human virusĒ. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses can come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then itís a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isnít human, and the human immune system doesnít recognize it so, we canít fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years itís only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, that's what decides how contagious, or how deadly itís gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. Itís RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, ďslipperyĒ

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a ďhumanĒ virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

Thatís why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And itís a lung eater...And, itís already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Sweating Sickness that plagued his time had passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now itís hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like youíre unafraid is so not sexy right now.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on. 🤓

Administrator
    Good information forester58.
    Rockymonster likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Well, California has gone and implemented a statewide "lockdown": https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...-at-home-order
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    ďIt is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.Ē ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Well, California has gone and implemented a statewide "lockdown": https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...-at-home-order
    Sure hope they do something to help people that live paycheck to paycheck like suspend mortgage payments and utility payments. Otherwise it will bankrupt most of the residents. Some large companies are not stepping up and paying their employees like they should. Others like Hilton just laid off their employees. I work for the largest resort company in the world and my only option is leave without pay. Gee thanks......
    Havok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Sure hope they do something to help people that live paycheck to paycheck like suspend mortgage payments and utility payments. Otherwise it will bankrupt most of the residents. Some large companies are not stepping up and paying their employees like they should. Others like Hilton just laid off their employees. I work for the largest resort company in the world and my only option is leave without pay. Gee thanks......
    Hopefully when this is all over, employers who did not take care of their employees will feel the pain when they are faced with employees leaving and struggling to replace them. Being a decent human being is not all that difficult.
    Novarider likes this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

It will be interesting to see how this ages. If people just decided to disregard it, there is really nothing they can do about it. If the boogaloo ever does actually does kick off, I think things like this are far more likely to light that fuse than any of the anti gun legislation and stuff like that
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Self explanatory.

OD*, NECCdude, QKShooter and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

How are we supposed to take the .gov seriously when stuff like this happens?

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/richar...AgSYUz8oaM-0j8

Sens. Dianne Feinstein, Jim Inhofe made stock trades before coronavirus pandemic

Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Jim Inhofe sold as much as $6.4 million worth of stock in the weeks before panic about the coronavirus sparked a worldwide selloff, according to disclosure filings first reported by the New York Times.

The additional revelations came amid widespread outrage toward GOP Sens. Richard Burr and Kelly Loeffler, who reportedly sold shares after getting briefings on the coronavirus threat.
    OD*, demanic, QKShooter and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    A little more technical explanation on why this is not like the typical flu. Many of you are missing the risk...completely.

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who donít understand...

Seasonal flu is an ďall human virusĒ. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses can come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then itís a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isnít human, and the human immune system doesnít recognize it so, we canít fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years itís only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, that's what decides how contagious, or how deadly itís gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. Itís RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, ďslipperyĒ

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a ďhumanĒ virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

Thatís why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And itís a lung eater...And, itís already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Sweating Sickness that plagued his time had passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now itís hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on. 🤓
    This is for the most part all true, but there is a little bit more to it.

1- No, we donít have immunity... YET.

2- we donít know where it originated. The market is one of multiple theories.

3- there are several trials going on, and at least a couple have Shown to be successful at treating this with existing medicine.

Two members of Congress have tested positive. If they all don't have it two weeks from now, I call bs.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    OD*, SpringerXD and QKShooter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post

Fast forward.

Excellent post.

And just something I'd like to point out here:

Corporations around the globe are losing $billions by shutting down their operations.

Sports leagues worldwide have cancelled all of their activities and are forfeiting $billions in the process.

Schools and colleges across the map have closed down.

If who/what you're listening to is still convincing you that this is media hype or a political hoax, please change the channel.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    Excellent post.

And just something I'd like to point out here:

Corporations around the globe are losing $billions by shutting down their operations.

Sports leagues worldwide have cancelled all of their activities and are forfeiting $billions in the process.

Schools and colleges across the map have closed down.

If who/what you're listening to is still convincing you that this is media hype or a political hoax, please change the channel.
    They might be loosing billions right now, but I'm thinking that they will recoup them.
    This is chess, not checkers.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    And this is why we may end up with a socialist government.........
    QKShooter, OD* and simple_man17 like this.
    ďIt is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.Ē ― Benjamin Franklin

And this is why we may end up with a socialist government.........
    Almost like that's the plan.

QKShooter and simple_man17 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Self explanatory.

Time to raid the storage lockers........
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links