Loaded weapons in the home - Page 5

Loaded weapons in the home

This is a discussion on Loaded weapons in the home within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott https://www.libertysafe.com/handgun-...36-pg-126.html I have two sorts of safes. One is general access, and that one has electronic lock, and I shouldn't ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Loaded weapons in the home

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    I have two sorts of safes. One is general access, and that one has electronic lock, and I shouldn't need to open it in emergency. I have a couple of a sort of "emergency access" level safes: these have pure machanical locks, no [potentially empty] battery involved, so called "simplex" lock, here is the link to the safe:

https://www.amsecusa.com/product/ps1208ez/

very fast to open, no need to look at it. Incidentally, no biometric anything for me: I do not want even a thought of parts of my body taken away from me or my loved ones in a hope to use them on biometric lock.
    FAS1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Some are. Some aren't.
    Ditto.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

I didn't buy guns to have them sitting in a glass case to be looked at or in a safe so no one could touch them. I bought them to be ready.
    I got the fever,and the only prescription is more cowbell

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Everything I have set up for HD and my current CCW gun remain loaded, but are kept in individual V-Line vaults (simplex mechanical locks, same combo).

The rest of my firearms are unloaded in a safe room with a vault door. The expensive ones and family heirloom stuff reside in a safe within that room.
    FAS1 and OD* like this.
    homo homini lupus est

I have a 10 year old daughter and she has friends over constantly. I have a couple of pistols that I keep loaded in my safe. My daughter knows not to touch my guns, but I cannot take chances with her friends.
    FAS1, Chuck R., OD* and 1 others like this.

OK I gota think a min. here! 3 revolvers loaded,2 semi. autos one 18 round and 1 10 round. 1 mossberg 12ga. 18'' with light and ONE FIREARM with laser (shockwave)!! All others in safe unloaded. Oh and one more, that pesky little 6oz. P32 that hides all by its self!!!!! Those are the ones I can remember without looking in my wallet for MY LIST! HEY I'm an old FART!!!!!!!
    The Old Anglo likes this.

I have no kids in the house but grandkids visit often. As others have stated, if the guns are in the safe, they are unloaded. If they are my carry pieces and home defense guns, they are loaded with an empty chamber (except for a mule earned double barreled shotgun). When the grandkids come, I remove the magazines of my loaded handguns (there are three). The shotgun? Only I can reach it at the moment.

No kids at home or as visitors, all mine are loaded at all times.

At the over 75year old time in my life, I don't want to have to remember which is loaded and which is not!
    Ergo, all are loaded!
    JMTCW!!
    Tom in soggy wet Oregon.
    OD*, M1911A1 and The Old Anglo like this.

We are both elderly, no Children here. Most of my Firearms are always locked in the hidden Safe Some are Loaded and Some aren't. Besides the 357 snubbie that is always on me, there are 3 other loaded weapons immediately accessible. My Wife keeps her J Frame in the Bedroom, and my 2 Secret Weapons. There is a Charter Arms Undercover .38 in Both Bathrooms hanging on a Hook under the Sinks, behind the spare Toilet paper. An invitation for a Home Invader to make a Fatal Mistake by letting one of us use our bathroom.
    M1911A1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipperdog View Post
    We are both elderly, no Children here. Most of my Firearms are always locked in the hidden Safe Some are Loaded and Some aren't. Besides the 357 snubbie that is always on me, there are 3 other loaded weapons immediately accessible. My Wife keeps her J Frame in the Bedroom, and my 2 Secret Weapons. There is a Charter Arms Undercover .38 in Both Bathrooms hanging on a Hook under the Sinks, behind the spare Toilet paper. An invitation for a Home Invader to make a Fatal Mistake by letting one of us use our bathroom.
    I'm thinking a home invader could not care less if you mess your pants.
    NECCdude likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Nipperdog View Post
    That TP may just be the item of interest in a home invasion today. 'Forget the guns grab the TP"

Just me in my place. These babies pictured below are my defense...and always loaded..Winchester 1200 Defender, Norinco M1911A1, and a Kimber Ultra + CDP, which is my carry weapon. They only get locked up when the grandchildren visit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Loaded weapons in the home-20200327_003749_1585627862840.jpg  

LSUVet and The Old Anglo like this.
    ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED...until --> Y O U <-- verify. Shoot straight, Be safe!!!

My home defense guns, yes. Those in the safe, no

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    Livin' the Life!
    NRA Patron Life Member, US Army vet '72-'78, Retired Detective Lieutenant, Former NMLEA Firearms Instructor.

About once a year some event or another will concern my wife enough to ask me yet again, "What do I have to do if I need to use a gun in the safe?"

My answer is always the same, "Point and pull the trigger."

Ironically, she's more accurate on the range than I am.
    The Old Anglo and M1911A1 like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links