Defensive Carry banner

Masada pistol

769 views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Encore2016 
#1 ·
I was reading about this pistol in the latest issue of Shooting Illustrated. I had never heard of them before. Israel is a country that gets my utmost respect (for religious reasons more so than their good products produced), and I have been very pleased with the Uplula magazine loader that country produces. But I know nothing about Masada. I'm not currently in the market for a new gun, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this pistol, and what your opinions are if so.

It is probably a little bigger than I would use for CC, but it might make a great HD weapon. I'm very happy with my M2.0 Compact for all self defense right now. But I never know what I might consider at some point down the road.

If you haven't heard of them, here is the web site for this model... https://iwi.us/product/m9orp17/.

#5 ·
IWI is a very experienced and respected small arms manufacturer. They used to belong to the Israeli government, but are now a private company. They came up with the Uzi, the Tavor, the Galil and the Jericho pistol, all solid models. They don't mess around over there. Their stuff gets used.

#6 ·
Fallsrider, I recently purchased an IWI Tavor TS12. I have been very impressed with it to date, including quality, design, and innovation. I've also spoken with their customer service folks with questions and they are very responsive.

Reactions: Fallsrider
#9 ·
Never heard of this maker, but the Magnum Research Desert Eagle and 1911's are made in Israel and they all get rave reviews. I have a couple of Israeli-made FAB Defense AK pistol grips and they're awesome.

Anecdotal, I know, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Israeli product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.