Prepare for more property crimes and break-ins - Page 5

Prepare for more property crimes and break-ins

This is a discussion on Prepare for more property crimes and break-ins within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm kind of enjoying the mostly empty streets. People in our residential area had been putting SLOW DOWN signs in their front yards for months. ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Prepare for more property crimes and break-ins

I'm kind of enjoying the mostly empty streets. People in our residential area had been putting SLOW DOWN signs in their front yards for months. Now it appears all the juvenile urchins are either locked up or sleeping all day so they can roam at night.

Our neighborhoods had a rash of teenagers/ 20's roaming around at night breaking into cars and garages. The local neighborhood forum warned parents of such uncontrolled criminals that gun sales were at an all time high and the first time gun buyers were doing so because they were scared and would be highly likely to shoot first and ask questions later. Whatever was said, it seems to have done the trick. The would-be gangsters have pretty much disappeared.
    airslot, G26Raven, MMinSC and 8 others like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

MJK
    A canary in the coal mine is the stock level of food on display in grocery stores. When you start to notice widespread depletion of food items that will be a predictor of increased crime and possibly riots. This is in addition to the LE intel shared with us by Chaplain Scott.

By the way, thank you CS...I appreciate and value the info in your post!
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I’ll kill you all."
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Again with this fear mongering crap? Not only is it a rediculous post it's also completely off topic. This thread is about property crime.

Every single grocery store in this area is currently hiring and has been since the panic buying started. In one week Kroger hired 1,500 people and were looking for 1,200 more, and that's just in this area! Grocery stores are not going to close.
    Whoa! Why are you still posting facts?!?!

EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    Ahhh, pretty much the same here. Very, very uneventful except for the occasional tractor or cow:)
    If a cow comes by driving a tractor, be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    If a cow comes by driving a tractor, be afraid. Be very, very afraid.
    And Gary Larson would be vindicated.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    I always carry a sidearm on my property. Never know who or what will show up. I did this even before the pandemic. Now I have my 12 gauge pump full of 00, 2 mags of 308, 2 9mm pistols and a 22 loaded with 10 rounds handy for good measure on top of my EDC. My road is one that is off the beaten path and while we look out for each other, we all tend to stay on our own spot.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

One worry thing I am seeing is truckers as noted are having a hard time as truck stops etc are closing or making it hard to get food ..Ie they cant park and go in and drive through often are not made for this ...So they are struggling luckly many places are trying to firg out how to bring food out to them so they dont have to use the drive through ....

We are fine as long as the trucks keep rolling
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post

-miklcolt45

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooper54 View Post
    I have read"hot" break-ins (where residents are home when miscreants break in) are quite common in the U.K., where the self-defense rights of people are not as clear as most places in the U.S. I can't speak to whether or not this is true. What I do know is, such behavior carries enormous risks in my state. Years ago, Detroit got a new Chief of Police who encouraged residents who could legally do so to arm themselves, noting his department could not promise to arrive in time to prevent home invasions. Shortly thereafter, some residents began complaining about the number of young men who were being shot while doing break ins. Chief Craig responded by saying something like, "If you don't want to be shot, stop breaking into houses." I found this expression of common sense both astonishing and refreshing-especially coming from a major city Chief of Police.

Yooper 54
    I've been a fan of Chief Craig since he took over the DPD, but even he is vunerable…

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/det...ggan-announces
    Joezilla likes this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    I do so wish Larsen would come out with Farside 2.0.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sorry to hear about Chief Craig. Wish him well. I live over 500 miles away on the west end of the U.P., but I've admired him from afar.

Yooper 54

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I'm kind of enjoying the mostly empty streets. People in our residential area had been putting SLOW DOWN signs in their front yards for months. Now it appears all the juvenile urchins are either locked up or sleeping all day so they can roam at night.

Our neighborhoods had a rash of teenagers/ 20's roaming around at night breaking into cars and garages. The local neighborhood forum warned parents of such uncontrolled criminals that gun sales were at an all time high and the first time gun buyers were doing so because they were scared and would be highly likely to shoot first and ask questions later. Whatever was said, it seems to have done the trick. The would-be gangsters have pretty much disappeared.
    "Car hopping" is a big thing here in S. FL. Some people will never learn to: A. lock vehicle doors; and B. Don't leave valuables in vehicles at night.

This morning, on my 5:30 AM walk, I noticed one car trunk open, the trunk full of bags as if they had been unloading groceries and forgot to finish, and further down the route, a kid's bicycle and helmet parked at the foot of the driveway, as if the kid had hoped off to go in and forgot the bike.

In a better time, I "may" have closed the trunk and pushed the bike up to the garage, but now I let it go, perhaps an expensive lesson for those involved. The trunk light on the one car was getting pretty dim by the time I walked by.

It's sad that people take so little interest in protecting their items, and sadder that I can't feel comfortable doing the right thing in helping them out, even if they would never know it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    We have had lifestyle changes since this choreographed economic pandemic started.
    Our gate is now locked 24/7, not that we have had any problems.
    And I have "enhanced" my personal security on the road (truck driver hauling food).
    Should be back home Monday and I'll be starting a voluntary one month furlough. I have seniority over 90 other drivers. But I'm in a position financially that one (or several) month off won't be a burden. A chance to get to some projects, mostly vehicle related, before it gets hot outside. Then I can always crank on the reloading press to pass time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have already shared this bit of humor, but it fits here. As has already been discussed, it is plausible that burglaries of closed businesses, or even businesses with no customer foot traffic has gone up. Home invasions should be down with homes occupied most of the time. I know crime in general is reportedly down.

Attachment 320712
    Psalm 144:1

I herd that in many states they have had a big increase in meth dealers and the user as was stated earlier should scope out seniors as they can pull a quick in and out because there are not mobile yet some states still have a duty to retreat. Some dealers that have been busted the smallest had over 5lbs but had $50,000 in cash in the house while another was caught on the highway with over 25lbs that they were bringing in from the coast.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links