Prepare for more property crimes and break-ins

This is a discussion on Prepare for more property crimes and break-ins within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; To those of us on this forum, we all have a pretty decent grasp of reality and that includes understanding the depraved nature of all ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Prepare for more property crimes and break-ins

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

To those of us on this forum, we all have a pretty decent grasp of reality and that includes understanding the depraved nature of all the criminals that are being turned out of jails.

This morning, while doing chores and taking care of the livestock, I noticed that someone has been prowling through a couple of our out-buildings. They didn't get anything....nothing valuable/pawnable out there. I did pick up an interesting piece of LE intell today. It seems that back East, the major Drug Kingpins are telling their low-level guys that elderly folks often have money stashed at home....go get it.

This should come as no surprise to most of us, but so, so many folks have their heads buried in the sand, thinking they live in "good neighborhoods" and it will never happen to them. Times are going to get "interesting."
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    To those of us on this forum, we all have a pretty decent grasp of reality and that includes understanding the depraved nature of all the criminals that are being turned out of jails.

This morning, while doing chores and taking care of the livestock, I noticed that someone has been prowling through a couple of our out-buildings. They didn't get anything....nothing valuable/pawnable out there. I did pick up an interesting piece of LE intell today. It seems that back East, the major Drug Kingpins are telling their low-level guys that elderly folks often have money stashed at home....go get it.

This should come as no surprise to most of us, but so, so many folks have their heads buried in the sand, thinking they live in "good neighborhoods" and it will never happen to them. Times are going to get "interesting."
    My money is tied up in ammo. They can have some of that. High speed delivery.
    airslot, gasmitty, DZUS and 27 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

It takes a Viking to raze a village.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array SFury's Avatar
    The reality is, the longer this goes on, the more petty theft and vandalism there will be. That's true for the areas smart enough to keep the prisoners in prison.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    This should come as no surprise to most of us, but so, so many folks have their heads buried in the sand, thinking they live in "good neighborhoods" and it will never happen to them.
    Yep. As I've always pointed out, watch the news whenever a heinous crime has been committed. The local news crew will interview the close neighbors and what's the one thing they always say?

"We're so shocked! This is a nice, peaceful neighborhood and THOSE THINGS NEVER HAPPEN HERE!!"

Technically, "those things" never happen anywhere......until they do.....
    airslot, G26Raven, OD* and 10 others like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I learned something new to me yesterday while pressure washing my house. My neighbor drove off and a some time later a Uhaul truck came up and pulled into their driveway. Nobody is home because the husband is at work and the wife recently left. I made sure the driver noticed me and he didn't spend much time in the driveway and left. This is a dead end road and the neighbor house is the last one

When she came home she stopped to talk with the wife. I asked her if she knew anything about a U haul truck coming to her house. She said yes it's FedEx, they're using rental trucks instead of buying and maintaining their own trucks. I"m surprised and tell her I never heard of this . News to me.
    We're experiencing a wave a car break ins and burglaries. I think FedEx should at least put some magnetic stickers on the trucks.
    Anybody else know of FedEx renting U hauls ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    I learned something new to me yesterday while pressure washing my house. My neighbor drove off and a some time later a Uhaul truck came up and pulled into their driveway. Nobody is home because the husband is at work and the wife recently left. I made sure the driver noticed me and he didn't spend much time in the driveway and left. This is a dead end road and the neighbor house is the last one

When she came home she stopped to talk with the wife. I asked her if she knew anything about a U haul truck coming to her house. She said yes it's FedEx, they're using rental trucks instead of buying and maintaining their own trucks. I"m surprised and tell her I never heard of this . News to me.
    We're experiencing a wave a car break ins and burglaries. I think FedEx should at least put some magnetic stickers on the trucks.
    Anybody else know of FedEx renting U hauls ?
    Yes they use U haul, Hertz, and any other rentals they can get! The drivers aren't wearing any kind of uniform either. DR
    BBMike and Arejay like this.

Distinguished Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    Yes they use U haul, Hertz, and any other rentals they can get! The drivers aren't wearing any kind of uniform either. DR
    I think many of those without uniforms are subcontractors. We had folks during the last couple Christmas seasons delivering for FedEx in plain white vans and even SUVs.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Everyone driving for Fed Ex ground are contractors per my brother who is a manager for Fed Ex. He said the Ground side of their business is a scourge for Fed Ex but I imagine it saves them money.
    Arejay likes this.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

I was in Houston most of this week and that was big news, that and their mayor telling, begging actually, the criminals to 'take a break' from breaking the law. Stop being criminals until 'we' get a handle on this virus.

Houston has fallen blue and them folks have elected themselves a room temp. IQ to oversee the bidness of running that city.

VIP Member
    The FedEx contractors receive added compensation, per their contract, for driving FedEx trucks with logo. They own the trucks however. Should it require repairs and be off the road, they rent from somewhere and continue delivering, but receive less comp due to the logo factor. They are not permitted to slap a logo on a rented vehicle.

This was told to me, some time ago, by a driver/owner during the course of dropping a package here at the house.
    Chaplain Scott, Pete63 and Arejay like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Two small packages came from Amazon and the delivery person left them at the next door neighbor's house and then emailed my wife a picture of our packages on the neighbors porch. House number and all. I put on some gloves and went next door and knocked and stood back about six feet. The neighbor said that they opened them thinking they were their orders at first. I told him to set them on the porch. He did and after he shut his door I picked them up with my gloved hands and took them home to my containment area.
    The thing is that after the neighbor opened the packages and saw that they weren't his items he didn't bring them over to our house. And the packaging was gone.
    I think this is how it starts. By keeping things that don't belong to you. I don't know these people very well because they haven't lived next door very long but I know now that I can't trust him and I am glad that I learned that now and not some time when the chips are down.

VIP Member
    No nightly body count on the evening news, just corona, corona, corona.
    If there is an uptick in property crimes and break ins., There should be an uptick in dead criminals.
    I am sure the criminals are also emboldened by the fact that many property crimes are not even being prosecuted anymore. In and out of the revolving door.
    The PD in Dallas is asking everyone to report crimes such as burglaries, car theft, vandalism on line rather than calling up to limit the exposure of cops to the public.
    We are on our own people. Sucks if you are a gun grabber.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    The mayor of Chicago proudly announced that the murder rate had dropped in the city from 35 last month to 25. Just last week the Illinois State Police were investigating shootings on the express way. I think the way that works is that people in CAR A shoot at anybody that they see on the expressway and then they drive off and hide in the hood. You cant expect people to stay at home when they can have fun like that. That seems senseless to normal people doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    If there is an uptick in property crimes and break ins., There should be an uptick in dead criminals.
    Home invasion is a dangerous business. Gunshot wounds are an occupational hazard.
    We are on our own people.
    Our country has been caught flat footed by this slow moving disaster and even now is continuing to react way too slowly. Despite "happy talk" coming from the WH, we truly are on our own in this. The health care system is already breaking down and we haven't approached the peak yet.

We need to make the best preparations we can to take care of our own, because this is going to get a whole lot worse over the next weeks and months and our hospitals and clinics likely won't be there for us if and when we need them.

Take care. Be safe. Stay healthy.

Good luck to all y'all.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links