New interview with BJ Baldwin - Page 3

New interview with BJ Baldwin

This is a discussion on New interview with BJ Baldwin within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by FAS1 Is that kind of answer really necessary? Here's her EDC according to her. Attachment 327442 You posed a question, to which ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: New interview with BJ Baldwin

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    Is that kind of answer really necessary?

Here's her EDC according to her.

Attachment 327442
    You posed a question, to which I responded with a possibility. That's a fairly haphazard setup, IMO.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.Ē― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    There's a reason I carry a 10mm, not a 9mm and B.J.s case is but one example. Not very long ago, another video was posted on this site of an officer delivering 14 rounds into a perp to drop him. In BJ's case, it looks like 9 to the boiler room didn't get the job done but slowed the perp down sufficiently for one to the brain bucket. Would the number of rounds required have been reduced if he'd been shooting a 10? I don't know, but I believe so and that's why I carry a 10, not a 9. My opinion, nothing more, 10 gives me more of a warm fuzzy than 9.
    Have you seen a video of the shooting?
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    So we're not allowed to get a burger if we are out late and hungry???? Thinking back to my truck-driving days, sometimes the job or circumstances put us in places some of you all seem too afraid or too smart or whatever to go.
    Just some old FUDD's.
    Mike1956 and Pete63 like this.
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Just some old FUDD's.
    I hope I never get to that point.
    nralifer4570, Pete63 and Bad Bob like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.Ē― Friedrich Nietzsche

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Have you seen a video of the shooting?
    No, is there one?
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member
    Gun Owners of America
    Electronic Frontiers Foundation https://www.eff.org/ - defending digital privacy and free speech including forums such as this one

No, is there one?
    Not that I am aware of. Iím just curious how you know so much about how it played out.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Not that I am aware of. Iím just curious how you know so much about how it played out.
    BJ stated that he shot the perp 10 times, the last a CNS shot. Did you get something different from the interview?

NRA Patron member
    Gun Owners of America
    Electronic Frontiers Foundation https://www.eff.org/ - defending digital privacy and free speech including forums such as this one

BJ stated that he shot the perp 10 times, the last a CNS shot. Did you get something different from the interview?
    You make it seem like you know that after the first 9 shots he was still charging full speed after the 9th shot, and on the 10th he dropped like a rock. Maybe thatís how it happened. Maybe itís not. Itís just always interesting how people always jump to whatever conclusion they want to fit their caliber argument.

You make it seem like you know that after the first 9 shots he was still charging full speed after the 9th shot, and on the 10th he dropped like a rock. Maybe thatís how it happened. Maybe itís not. Itís just always interesting how people always jump to whatever conclusion they want to fit their caliber argument.
    Really? Reread my statement, does it state that the perp was still hard-charging after nine rounds? NO! I don't doubt that he did drop like a rock after a CNS hit but he must have still been on his feet after 9 rounds, do you doubt that?

NRA Patron member
    Gun Owners of America

Distinguished Member Array SFury's Avatar
    In the interview it sounded like the last shot was done because the perp was still on his feet and moving. Seeing as the perp was not on the ground, the CNS shot was a security measure that PUT him on the ground. At least that was my impression.
    CavemanBob likes this.

VIP Member
    Story quote.
    The gunman died after being hit with 10 shots in a shootout Baldwin estimated lasted about 4 seconds.
    Each shot Baldwin fired at the gunman hit it's target including 9 to the chest and one to the central nervous system.
    Not sure if the guy was hard charging but nine to the chest means he was still on his feet and still a threat.
    I do not see this as caliber war fodder. I see it more about training and more training to become proficient even under stress.
    CavemanBob likes this.

mkh
    Just me and a Sig 1911 in a foxhole somewhere in NE FL
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post

As for the second part about the antis. Well, everything he did makes them angry. They hate Christianity and all it stands for. Nothing on this Earth can ever make them right. Their misguided beliefs are based on fear, and are emotionally driven. Had they been there, they would be dead. What they think matters not.
    Nothing will ever make the Antis happy. If they got their way they would then ***** about that or make up something to be unhappy over.
    Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap he's up!"

Really? Reread my statement, does it state that the perp was still hard-charging after nine rounds? NO! I don't doubt that he did drop like a rock after a CNS hit but he must have still been on his feet after 9 rounds, do you doubt that?
    Yes, really. No it doesnít say that. Thatís why Iím asking. Everyone likes to interpret things in ways that validate their opinions. We donít know that anything that happened here would be any better with a *insert favorite caliber here*.

A little more info.

This particular In-and-Out Burger closes at 1 AM, so both BJ and Tori were in a hurry. As a result, according to BJ himself: ďNo she (Tori) did not have it (her CCW handgun) with her that day. We rushed out of the house to get food before closing and she left itĒ.
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...JJDEw3oiXoeuXI
    airslot likes this.
    Glenn

FAS1 SAFE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links