Been 9 yrs but the old PSE is restrung

This is a discussion on Been 9 yrs but the old PSE is restrung within the Hunting Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not bad for being out of archery/hunting for 9 years. 30 yds for this group, quite the improvement from the first shots (where i lost ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Been 9 yrs but the old PSE is restrung

Not bad for being out of archery/hunting for 9 years.
    30 yds for this group, quite the improvement from the first shots (where i lost several 10 dollar bills to a wooden privacy fence prices of everything have doubled since i last hunted!)
    once i got the sight block up over an inch i could hit it from 20 yds and dialed it on in, think i need to move the sight block to the right a hair and it'll be REAL close to on point.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    QUESTION: when attempting to dial in a second pin it got close enough to the 20 i decided to use it at 30...
    BULLSEYE! is it these new generation of slim carbon arrows that allow me to use the same pin? i don't remember that being the case previously.
    I have these in 350 shaft size, they go quite a bit deeper than the old Redhead carbon arrows that are much thicker i had put up with my bow.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    rocky likes this.
    “Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”
    -John Quincy Adams

This "information super-highway" called the internet is clogged with speculation and the truth is slow to get through.

Lead Moderator
    The arrows might make a difference, here is my shooting with a Bear compound at 25 yards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Been 9 yrs but the old PSE is restrung-image.jpg  

Pijo73 likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    On my bows I use the same pin for 10 and 20 yards. I bias the top portion of the pin at 10 and the bottom for 20.
    The rest are 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards.
    PSE Stinger g3 and Hoyt Carbon Element.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Pijo73 and hogdaddy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

closing in!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    rocky likes this.
    “Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”
    -John Quincy Adams

This "information super-highway" called the internet is clogged with speculation and the truth is slow to get through.

These arrows are get too much penetration for this cheap foam target.

[IMG][/IMG]
    rocky likes this.
    -John Quincy Adams

I am jealous. I bought a bow this last winter, then tore a few important things in my shoulder this spring. Looks like I might be bow hunting fall of 2017.
    Pijo73 likes this.

Crossbow an option? I know here in FL you can hunt archery with a crossbow if you're disabled
    -John Quincy Adams

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    I made my own bow maintenance/tuning stand.
    I used it to replace the strings and tune my PSE.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Pijo73 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pijo73 View Post
    Crossbow an option? I know here in FL you can hunt archery with a crossbow if you're disabled
    No crossbows in Montana, but I talked to my doctor, and he said he would be more than willing to fill out the form saying I am disabled (my shoulder has basically been rebuilt from a car accident). With the paperwork filled out you can use a line lock which will keep the bow pulled back. The only kicker is then you cannot go hunting alone. So come next spring/summer if my arm hasn't improved I'll get the paperwork filled out.

Till then, happy hunting.
    Pijo73 likes this.

Lead Moderator

[IMG][/IMG]
    I had to upgrade from the same cheap foam target to the one in my pic. For the same reason.
    Pijo73 likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I'm panhandlepat over there LOL just recently found y'all again
    -John Quincy Adams

[IMG][/IMG]
    I think you need to tune that bow from side to side, arrows should go in strait, unless your shooting many different angels ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    I think you need to tune that bow from side to side, arrows should go in strait, unless your shooting many different angels ; )
    H/D
    See, i was doing left handed tactical backflips then shooting from a prone position with the bow horizontal to the ground, YEAAAA THAT'S IT!
    LOL! target walked counter-clockwise, but i'm still pretty sure i need to move the sight block a little more to the right
    -John Quincy Adams

closing in!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thats the way they should look.. You shot these first ?? PS If so then is target kickin arrows to the side ?? Got me scratchin my head where hair use to be ; )
    H/D

H/D

I m sorry,, din'nt finish readin yor post on Target walking,, make much more sence ; )
    H/D
    Pijo73 likes this.

H/D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links