Hunting at risk

Hunting at risk

This is a discussion on Hunting at risk within the Hunting Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's been apparent for awhile that hunting is declining in participation throughout the U.S. and that the liberals see hunters as evil. Here's another article ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Hunting at risk

Hunting at risk

It's been apparent for awhile that hunting is declining in participation throughout the U.S. and that the liberals see hunters as evil. Here's another article on the topic by Guy Eastman.

The Greasy Hillside Of Outlawing Trapping!
    One Greasy Hillside to be Standing On: California Bans Fur Trapping and What That Might Mean for the Rest of Us

This is a very, very slippery slope indeed. Earlier this month the Wildlife Protection Act of 2019 was signed into law by California Governor Gavin Newsome. This law absolutely prohibits fur trapping commercially and recreationally in the Golden State. Although this is very bad news for trappers in California it may be a signal of even worse things to come down the pipe for the rest of us no matter where we reside....

I I am not a trapper, and never have been however I am a descendant of trappers and frontiersmen and I also understand where this is all headed. Much like the gun debate this is a very slippery slope and this is just the beginning to outlawing more and more hunting related activities. Itís trapping today and predator hunting tomorrow and trophy hunting the day after. There is no quit in these ideals and beliefs. The extremists have finally learned how to use the court systems and the electoral loopholes to outlaw what they donít want in society.

To read the whole article, follow the link below....
    https://blog.eastmans.com/the-greasy...8f542-11170493
    ETXhiker, airslot and Mjolnir like this.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Here in northern VA the deer are getting overpopulated. The county parks and rec department is holding a public meeting on urban archery for this season and posted the meeting invite on FB.

A few (notably all female non-hunters) have lost their minds and shared their idiocy online. It would be comical if it werenít for the disastrous impact their lunacy could have on the deer if the population isnít kept under control.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

But the same people can't pack enough McDonalds into themselves.
    Liberals are actually fine with hunting, as long as someone else does it for them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    I am not a hunter or trapper, but I joined the state sportsman's alliance and advocacy group because their interests and the 2A advocacy group's often align quite strongly. Both groups are critical in my state, and I would suggest they are in most other states too.

Please consider that in your states.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Growing up on a farm trapping was a good way to get a little extra spending money.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Young people not hunting is not helping either....They are either not interested or have no
    one to introduce them to it.
    G26Raven, M1911A1 and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    California....

I am running a trap line for chipmunks. Got 5 in the last week.
    msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Here in northern VA the deer are getting overpopulated. The county parks and rec department is holding a public meeting on urban archery for this season and posted the meeting invite on FB.

A few (notably all female non-hunters) have lost their minds and shared their idiocy online. It would be comical if it werenít for the disastrous impact their lunacy could have on the deer if the population isnít kept under control.
    Deer in small or reasonable numbers are pretty and fun to watch. However, when the population gets out of hand, they are a larger version of rats.
    Has anyone tried turning the country off and then back on again?

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    But the same people can't pack enough McDonalds into themselves.
    Liberals are actually fine with hunting, as long as someone else does it for them.
    No...liberals are not fine with hunting.
    ďThe everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.Ē Skeeter Skelton

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post

Not to mention the disastrous impact all those hungry deer are going to have on the lunatic's manicured gardens when they start to overrun the country. Oh, I forgot. Now there is a threat that all the northern states will be overrun by boars invading from Canada. This is good news of sorts vis a vis the high capacity magazine question.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5893366/f...-border-fence/

Welcome to the party fellas - and idjits.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    No...liberals are not fine with hunting.
    My point was they will eat meat all day as long as someone else kills and processes it for them

Nix
    Upland bird and Bow season is open here, now......
    G26Raven likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I think it is a sweeping to state that liberals see hunters as evil." I know quite a few liberal folks who are hunters, and they support 2A. Check out the Liberal Gun Club. Lot's of hunters on their forum, and the group is a staunch fighter for 2A. We really should learn that the word "SOME" is useful.
    edcknives likes this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

1942bull, I strongly disagree. I'll concede that there are some liberals who are not anti-hunting, but I would say the majority of liberals are anti-hunting.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links