Totally legal hunter harassed by adult male and kids - Page 2

Totally legal hunter harassed by adult male and kids

This is a discussion on Totally legal hunter harassed by adult male and kids within the Hunting Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by PEF Deer eat our flowers. I have to fence saplings lest the bucks rub up against them and strip the bark. They ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Totally legal hunter harassed by adult male and kids

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Deer eat our flowers.

I have to fence saplings lest the bucks rub up against them and strip the bark.

They run in front of cars and destroy the cars.

They make a mess.

Deer and suburbs do not mix. Deer in the suburbs are pests, and I would love it if we culled them all.
    That's why deer were back in at my Dad's stand 8 minutes after he left his stand to look for the buck he shot last week. Their population is out of control here. One dies, it has no impact on the rest. My parents live in a subdivision just outside of the city I live in. Everyone there has 5 acres of land. The deer are worse than the rabbits population wise.
    Rockymonster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Yep, in the video the hunter remained calm, reasonable, and did not respond emotionally to the abuse of the man and his kids. He did very well. I would hope that the officers reported to the resident abuser that this was all legal and above board. I don't know about NY but in some states it is illegal to harass hunters or interfere with a hunt.
    It is in CA but I doubt you could get anyone to enforce it!
    Hoganbeg and Rockymonster like this.

Distinguished Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Yep, in the video the hunter remained calm, reasonable, and did not respond emotionally to the abuse of the man and his kids. He did very well. I would hope that the officers reported to the resident abuser that this was all legal and above board. I don't know about NY but in some states it is illegal to harass hunters or interfere with a hunt.
    NY does have hunter harassment laws.
    Hoganbeg and airslot like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Years back I was legally bow hunting a piece of land not far from the road where we parked and could see our pick-up from my deer stand...Here comes a guy and his wife walking their dog...I see the guy kneel down by our truck a couple of times and then continue on towards the dead end we were on. I waited a few, then got down out of my stand walked over and got my friend whose truck it was and walked out to the road to check it out....sure enough, the guy flattened two of our tires, front right and left rear by placing a small stick in each of the tire valves.....well, this is one thing I will not stand for and guess I got a little out of hand, scared my buddy too....so here come the couple walking back with the dog....to say the least I was beside myself and lucky for us my buddy had a portable tire compressor so we were good getting the tires inflated again....as they passed, well I lost it completely....my buddy finally calmed me down but I made him promise to follow behind these good folks back to their house.....we did, and I told them in no uncertain terms......Don't Make Me Come Back Here...

A few weeks later I was tellin' a local LEO about it....his comment was, how did you restrain yourself from kickin' their butts.....If my buddy wasn't there I don't know what would have happened.
    msgt/ret and airslot like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links