Utah bill - people behind on kid support not allowed hunting licenses

This is a discussion on Utah bill - people behind on kid support not allowed hunting licenses within the Hunting Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; This hasn't been signed into law yet, but I think it's fair. Utah bill prohibits people behind on child support payments from getting hunting license ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Utah bill - people behind on kid support not allowed hunting licenses

This hasn't been signed into law yet, but I think it's fair.

Utah bill prohibits people behind on child support payments from getting hunting license

SALT LAKE CITY (KUTV) - If you're behind on your child support payments, this new Utah bill could prohibit you from hunting or fishing.

H.B. 197, sponsored by Rep. Karianne Lisonbee, would ban people who aren't up to date on their child support payments from getting a license, permit or tag related to fishing or hunting in the state of Utah.

The bill would prohibit anyone who owes $2,500 or more child support from obtaining the legal permits from the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources.

https://kutv.com/news/local/utah-bil...unting-license
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Some men can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

We are ALL Virginians!

Can we discuss the socioeconomic relationship between child support payments and getting lice?
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    Can we discuss the socioeconomic relationship between child support payments and getting lice?
    I'm afraid I don't understand your question. But, I did have the crabs once when I was younger...
    Some men can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

We are ALL Virginians!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I'm afraid I don't understand your question.
    Re-read your thread title.
    G26Raven, jmf552 and gasmitty like this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    I have no issue with this. Personally those that don't support their children need to be hanged, drawn, and quartered.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    I have no issue with this. Personally those that don't support their children need to be hanged, drawn, and quartered.
    Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

In principle I agree, but then, there are people who have been royally screwed in child-support judgments.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Consider this, though:
    • Fathers are granted custody only 18.3% of the time
    • Mothers are awarded child support nearly 2 times as often as fathers are
    • Fathers are awarded nearly 10% less, on average, in child support
    • Fathers receive less of the awarded child support than mothers

And what is the relationship between being able to hunt and child support? Maybe if they eat what they kill they would have more money available for child support. Since mothers who are assigned child support are more delinquent than fathers, should they be prohibited from shoe shopping?
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

In principle I agree, but then, there are people who have been royally screwed in child-support judgments.
    Some states will leave the payer enough to live just barely, like 10K annually and some states drive people who would like to pay underground because they don't even leave them enough money to survive let alone feed and house the kids when they do have them. I never understood that system.
    I paid mine in full even though I lived off top ramen and peanut butter 5 days a week so I could feed my kids real food on weekends (every weekend and every holiday until they graduated high school). I covered 100% of their medical and dental insurance and bills. When they all moved in with me the "mother" had to pay me 60 bucks a month because she worked cash jobs and lied about her real income. 60 bucks didn't even cover their school lunches.
    Yeah, I got screwed but, I have great relationships with my kids and she no longer has any relationship with them so it was worth it barely surviving those years.
    Rant over, just remember not everything is as cut and dried as it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    Re-read your thread title.
    Okay! I did not realize it had been truncated...
    OldChap and msgt/ret like this.

We are ALL Virginians!

Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    Oregon state has a like bill. There was a woman I could not sell a fishing license to for this reason.
    G26Raven likes this.

Aren’t people who don’t pay their child support just “lousy” people anyway?
    G26Raven, msgt/ret and maxwell97 like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

As one who paid child support for 16 yrs I stand on the opposite side of most of these responses.

In my 20's into my 30's Late 80's through the 90's.
    I learned the hard way to fight tooth and nail to deny as much as possible from the very start. Reductions are hard to get after the fact. I started at close to $1200 a month in support.

A wife cheats and then gets paid. Not a bad deal. I can tell you, The money doesn't always go to the children and the father has no say. New car..new house..it's for the children.. Child support by the mother is tax free and doesn't need to be claimed on taxes. Father is taxed and it is counted as income even though you don't receive it. Comes right out of your check as a garnishment.

I worked 2 full time, 70-80 hrs/week, jobs and my final net take home in CA after deductions, taxes, insurance and child support was about/less than $800/Month. Thank god for having parents who had me move back home to survive.
    I could go on for quite a while but suffice to say the State (CA) doesn't really care much about the father who pays support. Not only support but in my case add the health insurance coverage as well. Kids want to go to college? You're on the hook as well.
    There are the fathers lawyer fees also. In my case the State handled all the court fees etc for my ex wife.

Yes..there was a short period of time that I got behind which created a whole new issue with driver license and professional licenses. That costs more money which was in short supply.........It can be a very difficult struggle to work and make the payments.

That doesn't make someone a deadbeat dad. BTW..Unpaid child support never goes away....The State will get it's monies owed one way or another.

In the end what I got was very tired with virtually no available free time and 2 brainwashed children that I have no relationship with because of what their mother told them

Here in CA they prevent people who are behind from getting any business or professional license. Think about that for a min......

Behind in your payments so the state steps in to prevent you from working? Once you can't work you qualify for ......Welfare!
    Once on welfare they reduce your Child support to $50 a month, but the interest on the arrearage keeps growing, So you can never get caught up or off welfare!

And they have trapped another family into being dependant on the State for life!

Seems to me that hunting and fishing would be real important so you can eat after that massive child support payment drains your account every month?

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Consider this, though:
    • Fathers are granted custody only 18.3% of the time
    • Mothers are awarded child support nearly 2 times as often as fathers are
    • Fathers are awarded nearly 10% less, on average, in child support
    • Fathers receive less of the awarded child support than mothers

And what is the relationship between being able to hunt and child support? Maybe if they eat what they kill they would have more money available for child support. Since mothers who are assigned child support are more delinquent than fathers, should they be prohibited from shoe shopping?
    Exactly. And why would one need a license to hunt anyway? I thought we all got this settled back in December 15, 1791.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links