Defensive Carry banner

Women deer hunters.

3K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  gasmitty 
#1 ·
A little long but an interesting read.

Women with deer in their sights

A camo-clad pair of hunters slipped into the woods near Yaphank, New York, on Long Island, one Sunday this winter to position themselves before sunset, when white-tailed deer are most active. One carried pink arrows, and the other had a purple bow.

But the tree stand they planned to climb into was missing. It happens — the hunter’s equivalent of a stolen bike. So Jacqueline Molina and Marissa Estatio went on foot that day, walking through the gray woods.

Stalking through the forest was how Molina got her first buck, in November. The ground was wet, so she moved through the woods quietly, and suddenly saw the six-point buck. She froze, waiting for a clear shot, and when she took it, he ran. She found him in a thicket of vines and thorns. “He had passed,” she recalled. “It was very emotional.”
https://www.wral.com/women-with-deer-in-their-sights/18940231/

#4 ·
We have some here in Utah, but I wouldn't say a lot of them. When we first moved here to Utah and went to see our doctor for check-ups his nurse (who was about 55) had to show me a photo of first elk, which she was very proud of (and rightfully so). My dental hygienist is a very experienced huntress (in her late 30s) and hunts with her husband.

#5 ·
There are a lot of women hunters here in Georgia and they're not just limited to deer. My friends niece showed up in the dove field a couple months ago. All of five foot nothing and totally comfortable with her 12ga.

I think that the more women get involved in the shooting sports, there will be less support for infringement.

#6 ·
Yes, we need more women deer hunters ,

Attachments

#13 ·
Nice bow!

Reactions: DownInTheDark
#15 ·
In South Alabama a LOT of teenage girls deer hunt and even more wear camouflage clothes. Many actually do better and get bigger deer than their H/S boyfriends!:yup:

Reactions: G26Raven
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.