24 days worth. A watch of new year terrorist events bringing in 2017.

This is a discussion on 24 days worth. A watch of new year terrorist events bringing in 2017. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Christmas through new years finds us solid on condition yellow. Threats from terrorist groups keeping us globally on alert. Here is a posting of terrorist ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Nmuskier
  • 4 Post By Doghandler
  • 1 Post By GpTom
  • 1 Post By Nmuskier

Thread: 24 days worth. A watch of new year terrorist events bringing in 2017.

Distinguished Member

Christmas through new years finds us solid on condition yellow. Threats from terrorist groups keeping us globally on alert.

Here is a posting of terrorist events around the globe which happen during the first & after midnight 2016 to 2017. We can reflect and re-evaluate next year. Add events you are aware of or comments.

35 killed and 40 wounded in New Year's attack on Istanbul night club | Fox News
    attack on Istanbul night club
    Published December 31, 2016 FoxNews.com

ISTANBUL (AP) An armed assailant who is believed to have been dressed in a Santa Claus costume opened fire at a nightclub in Istanbul during New Year's celebrations, killing at least 35 people and wounding 40 others, according to Istanbul's governor and Turkey's state-run news agency.

Name:  NewIstanbul397_2016.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  28.2 KB
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs.

I just wish we could identify some commonality between all of these horrific incidents. We know they are generally perpetrated by males between the ages of 18 and 35. Is there anything else that ties them together? ANYTHING???
    rcsoftexas, Kennfd and 2nd_is_1st like this.
    Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    I just wish we could identify some commonality between all of these horrific incidents. We know they are generally perpetrated by males between the ages of 18 and 35. Is there anything else that ties them together? ANYTHING???
    They're angry about being ripped off by their cable service company?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    How about the fact that they have been in contact with certain people who are encouraging violence? I noticed that the one who drove the truck into the crowd over in Germany didn't have his chin strap beard grown out yet but he was working on it. If you hear them going around yelling akbar and stuff like that you might want to try to avoid them. I think they have a terrorists handbook if you are really interested in what they look like. I have noticed that most of them really don't go by the book that much. You just don't see them carrying the recommended machete. This is called profiling and a lot of people raise hell if they the police do that.
    Nmuskier likes this.

I could tell you, but if you have not figured it out by now.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

ISIS has claimed responsibility for this shooting. They are promoting these kinds of so-called "lone wolf" attacks in their media. ISIS has been associated with 70 terrorist attacks outside of their home territory (Syria and Iraq) dating from 2013 on. Death toll over 2,500, injured over 4,500. Not all have been "lone wolf," but all are "inspiring" to people who think this way.

I think the age group of 18 to 35 is a prime age range for this kind of thing. Any younger, people might not have the independent resources and commitment. Any older, even if they are Islamists, they are probably too old and wise to do something like this themselves. Better to convince the younger generation. For any society, that is the age range where people are recruited to go in harm's way for their community, for right or wrong.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    I could tell you, but if you have not figured it out by now.
    @GpTom is on to something. It must be beards! Anyone who served in Afghanistan can attest; growing a beard is not a gender specific trait. Can't be religion or national origin. It must be the beard that harbors terrorism.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

I won't let these religious zealots impede my life.

Sponsored Links