Now they've gone and done it! Beards and Turbans - Page 3

Now they've gone and done it! Beards and Turbans

This is a discussion on Now they've gone and done it! Beards and Turbans within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'll just say this about the history of the Sikhs & the Turks, if we're outnumbered and in a battle for our lives..... I'll hopefully ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Now they've gone and done it! Beards and Turbans

I'll just say this about the history of the Sikhs & the Turks, if we're outnumbered and in a battle for our lives..... I'll hopefully be standing next to those guys. And I won't care what they have on their heads ......... I'll be grateful they are there. Historically with them the only reason they will stop fighting, .... is if they are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by wsquared View Post
    Yup. No way that someone who is from that part of the world could possibly make a big contribution to an Army that was willing to make a few concessions to respecting their cultural heritage.

You'll note that at the end of the interview, he essentially says that he expected to die...but he simply thought to himself that before the Taliban killed him, he felt that he had to kill some of them. I believe that qualifies as a warrior mentality.

Yes, the Gurkas are not Sihks...but they are from the same part of the world, and share a similar warrior tradition. The Brits figured out a couple centuries ago that some people respond very well to respecting their cultural identity. Maybe they had a good idea?
    Very true! Then there's the Gurka that faced down and battled 40 robbers on a train with just his kukri! He was going to stand down until they tried to rape a woman who called out to him to "save a sister". So he did! He gave three dozen cowardly robbers all they could could handle- by himself!

Many great powers have had the wisdom to incorporate warriors of other cultures into their armies, accommodating their customs. From the Romans to British, their mixed armies swept their foes before them for centuries.
    SIGP250, TeflonDon and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It's not "uniform" if everyone is allowed to wear whatever they please. Of course, I wouldn't expect a flaming liberal to understand that concept.

Just another way to diminish the military.
    It appears the progressive liberal agenda is social re-engineering our great military again. It will be just a matter of time, when non-deployed soldiers will be allowed to wear civilian clothes to work on a daily basis.... you know to keep they ACUs from being worn out in a non-combat environment. Of course, they still expect their annual clothing allowance of $468 for military uniforms, but also the Initial civilian allowance of $ 1,041 with an annual replacement allowance of $347. The progressive won't stop until professional military formations look like a Bling-bling gathering instead, IMHO.
    rcsoftexas likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    I have a feeling that policy will change when Gen Mattis takes the reins as SECDEF!
    God, I really hope so!

India?
    rcsoftexas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by keboostman View Post
    Much ado about nothing.
    Couldn't agree more. There are bigger issues in the world other than who's wearing what on their head. Seems like Libs and Conservatives now days are becoming "outraged" over everything and anything.
    Phaedrus likes this.

Lead Moderator
    Its pretty much always the same thing on military matters.

The people that have served wont agree with the change catering to other nationalities.

The people that haven't served don't see it as a big deal.

Its one of the many reasons that I believe a requirement for President have served in the military...so that they would have a clue.

If that was the case, maybe, just maybe, the military wouldn't be used a staging ground for social experiments and every touchy feely fad coming down the line by clueless and hostile administrations like the one we are enduring now.
    Its just more stupidity by a President that couldn't even pass a background check to get a security clearance.

Seriously.
    If you want to join the military, why would you expect the rules to change just for you?
    Today its Muslims and Sikhs.

Whats it gonna be tommorow?
    Rainbow colored hats for the sexually confused?
    Straw hats for farmboys?
    Pacific Islanders wearing coconuts on their heads?

When will it stop?
    msgt/ret, wdbailey and rocky like this.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Distinguished Member Array dV8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    And the first two women in a Marine infantry unit coming at you now. Can you imagine them assaulting Iwo Jima or Peleliu?
    I can't picture them with beards either! How can that be "fair"?
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    I can't picture them with beards either! How can that be "fair"?
    Yeah, beards on women is definitely not a turn on for me.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Its pretty much always the same thing on military matters.

The people that have served wont agree with the change catering to other nationalities.

The people that haven't served don't see it as a big deal.

Its one of the many reasons that I believe a requirement for President have served in the military...so that they would have a clue.

If that was the case, maybe, just maybe, the military wouldn't be used a staging ground for social experiments and every touchy feely fad coming down the line by clueless and hostile administrations like the one we are enduring now.
    Its just more stupidity by a President that couldn't even pass a background check to get a security clearance.

Seriously.
    If you want to join the military, why would you expect the rules to change just for you?
    Today its Muslims and Sikhs.

Whats it gonna be tommorow?
    Rainbow colored hats for the sexually confused?
    Straw hats for farmboys?
    Pacific Islanders wearing coconuts on their heads?

When will it stop?
    It all should be decided on a case by case basis. All I care about is if they can do the job and protect us. If something as simple as clothing is the difference between having these guys fight for or cause and freedom or not, I don't see what the problem is. Wanting to keep the status quo just because "that's how it's always been and that's how it was when I served" doesn't seem like a good reason to be against a rule change.

Quote Originally Posted by baren View Post
    India?
    YEP. India.

Slima30ret ..... I'm inclined to almost take that bet... I'm not sure at all that Gen Mattis would, he knows the history of Sikhs, not only in combat, etc. but their religion. I also think with Gen Mattis would tell any soldier that wanted a bible in his gear, an officer's office, etc. that it is NO problem either. However, I'm not too sure you would find him doing the same for Muslims ..... he knows their history over the last couple thousand years too.
    5lima30ret, baren and msgt/ret like this.

Lead Moderator
    Here's the thing. I wouldn't go over to India and enlist in their army and insist that I didn't wear their hat what ever it may be, with their uniform because of my "religion".

Lets say that the entire Indian Army was wearing turbans. I am going to enlist and refuse to wear it, because I didn't agree with it?

No. Because one....I have more RESPECT than that.
    And two...I knew what the uniform was before I enlisted.

Any argument FOR wearing a rag or anything else on your head totally ignores both.

It so dang simple that it eludes many people. Don't like the hat?

Don't enlist.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Distinguished Member Array wsquared's Avatar
    What if someone was born here in the US? IF their parents happen to be Sihk, and they were raised in the religion, and wish to honor their parents by maintaining their faith.

Should that prevent them from volunteering for military service? If they love what this country stands for, shouldn't they have the opportunity to fight for it, regardless of what religion they adhere to? If a man is willing to bleed - and maybe die - for something I believe in, I tend to be willing to respect the things that he believes in too.

This isn't about respecting anyone's culture, religion, ect. Its about PC. Uniformity has its place in the military. As does good order and discipline. When I was at PI SC for Marine Corps boot camp I remember being told we were no longer white, black, brown, ect. But GREEN. That premise allowed diverse people to function as a team. Political Correctness is the TOOL used to dismantle our country and our military. Its the WHY that bothers me. I hope those on active duty know how to respond to unlawful orders. One day they may be all that stands between us and tyranny imho.
    19Kvet and HotGuns like this.

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    do the cops get to show their "tats" now
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links